Let Me Down Easy..

Options

Replies

• SpartanRunner1978
    SpartanRunner1978 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    hud54014 wrote: »
    I prefer the cold hard truth in all my personal relationships. It can be painful, but it leaves no room for questioning and in the end makes it easier for both people to move on.

Agreed...maybe not the “cold” hard truth...how about “Luke warm” truth?
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    denny_mac wrote: »
    Here's the thing. Letting someone down easy does not do THEM any favors. It leaves room for misinterpretation, and gives people false hope. When you let someone down easy, that's for YOU. Because you can't handle delivering the honest message about what you're not feeling.

The whole question about letting someone down easy isn't even framed properly. This isn't about the dump-ee, it's ACTUALLY about the dump-er. And if you're going to dump someone, please have the stones to make it clear what's going on. It's better for everyone.

I’m liking this despite usage of the words ‘dumper’ and ‘dumpee’
  • SpartanRunner1978
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Here's the thing. Letting someone down easy does not do THEM any favors. It leaves room for misinterpretation, and gives people false hope. When you let someone down easy, that's for YOU. Because you can't handle delivering the honest message about what you're not feeling.

The whole question about letting someone down easy isn't even framed properly. This isn't about the dump-ee, it's ACTUALLY about the dump-er. And if you're going to dump someone, please have the stones to make it clear what's going on. It's better for everyone.

I chuckled @ “dumper” and “dumpee”

But you are 100% correct...
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »

I’m liking this despite usage of the words ‘dumper’ and ‘dumpee’

Heartbreaker and ee instead?

I think @denny_mac is just trying to avoid finding a dead bunny in a pot on his stove... ;)
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options

To be the dumpee or dumper wouldn't a "relationship" have to be vocalized and agreed upon to some degree. You cant dumper if theres no real dumpee.

Sorry, just wanted to say dumpee and dumper.
  • SpartanRunner1978
    Options

To be the dumpee or dumper wouldn't a "relationship" have to be vocalized and agreed upon to some degree. You cant dumper if theres no real dumpee.

Ha!!! Thank you!!! Knew I wasn’t the only one!
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    If you're open and honest with me, I'll respect you. If you just ghost me, I have no use for you.

You’re a wise man, Dennis. I agree. In any sort of relationship, I want to know if someone’s sick of me. It may sting for a minute, but it hurts a million times less than realizing you’re being slowly pushed away because someone’s too much of a chicken to speak up about how they feel.

I’ve got that “midwestern nice” that others mentioned that does make it hard to be that blunt to people in person, but people I only know online? Sorry. You may love me or hate me after I speak, but I’m going to tell you exactly what I think.
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options

While one would think so, there are those people who get easily confused regarding relationships. Therefore, they may feel like a slighted dumpee when in actuality nothing even close to a relationship existed.
  • Lift_Run_Eat
    Lift_Run_Eat Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Being open and honest is best. Ignoring & stringing along only pisses me off.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    Well my honest answer is just say it. But in a way thats not hurtful. And dont make me ask for an answer. Respect is key.
  • ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    Options
    rhenry2424 wrote: »
    Being open and honest is best. Ignoring & stringing along only pisses me off.

62689-53151.jpg
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    MFP is a whirlwind of crushes and micro-romances?! The deuce you say!
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options
    hmmm... so someone has to like you first to have to worry about all this nonsense? no wonder I'm so confused!
  • ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    Options
    hmmm... so someone has to like you first to have to worry about all this nonsense? no wonder I'm so confused!

egmla82y4k9c2z8fm3pl.gif
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    I’ll typically use the “new phone, who dis?” line when it’s time to call it quits so I can appreciate if someone uses it on me.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    I’ll typically use the “new phone, who dis?” line when it’s time to call it quits so I can appreciate if someone uses it on me.

Who dis???
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Or not?

Everyone knows mfp is a whirlwind of crushes and micro-romances, oftentimes simultaneously. But what to do when that starts to fade?

This came up in a conversation yesterday and I thought it was interesting enough to make a thread about. So what do you prefer? Do you want the bald truth if someone has lost interest in you? If you’re the one losing interest, do you feel like you need to spare their feelings?

This is not specific to MFP but this could be a way to vaguely let someone know that it’s safe to be blunt.. or not.

EDIT: Also, how do you know when someone is over you and moved on?

lose interest in me?

I don't understand this question.....
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options

Ghosting before your actually friends is hard. :laugh:
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Or not?

Everyone knows mfp is a whirlwind of crushes and micro-romances, oftentimes simultaneously. But what to do when that starts to fade?

This came up in a conversation yesterday and I thought it was interesting enough to make a thread about. So what do you prefer? Do you want the bald truth if someone has lost interest in you? If you’re the one losing interest, do you feel like you need to spare their feelings?

This is not specific to MFP but this could be a way to vaguely let someone know that it’s safe to be blunt.. or not.

lose interest in me?

I know right?! Crazy talk.. I tell ya.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Or not?

lose interest in me?

I'm still trying to figure out what crushes and micro-romances are.