October 1st (open) challlenge

Options
Hi everyone. I am new to the site but I have honestly fallen in love with it. I have joined several groups and I am using them all for motivation but now I feel like I want to create my own OPEN group.
I made a bet with my Dad to see who could lose the most weight by October 1st so I want to see how many others want to help me with this. By october 1st my goal is to be about 152-154. That is about 30 pounds. This group is open for all. I hope we all can do this together and have fun.
To join the group just answer the following questions. We will weight in every Monday until October 1st.

Start- 182(as of the 8th)
Goal- 154-152
Height- 5'6.5

Replies

• heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I would like to join in!

Current: 179.4lbs as of Monday, but I think I've put on a couple more
    Goal: 165lbs for this challenge; 135lbs ultimate goal
    Height: 5'4.5"
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have a wedding to motivate me in Oct!

Start (8/8/11): 273.0
    Goal: 250.0
    Height: 5'3"
  • reidhome
    reidhome Posts: 26
    Options
    Yeah! Count me in. I'm trying to hit a loss of 10lbs/mo (which is turning out to be surprisingly hard, after my 1st 2 weeks - despite being STRICT about my diet and going to the gym EVERY day!)... We're going on vacation 8/19 - 9/4, so this is going to be TRICKY - no gym, but a LOT of walking.... Hopefully, this group can help keep me on track! Good luck to us! =)

Start - 206.8 (8/11) (208.2 on 8/8)
    Goal - 189.9
    Height - 5'4.5"
  • jessienicole05
    jessienicole05 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hey there,count me in as well!!

Starting weight 02/02/11-weight 277(had just had my baby girl 1/27/11)

Goal weight between 130-150

Have lost almost 30 lbs so far! :)
  • 1911Duc
    1911Duc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join...I'm struggling to lose a measly 12-15 pounds that I've put on over the past 2 years. Lost 50 pounds from 8/2007 to 3/2008 and it seems like nothing is working at this time...

Starting weight=190
    Goal weight=180
    Height=5'6"
  • SmangeDiggs
    SmangeDiggs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I would like to join
    Im on maternity leave until Oct and still dont fit into my work wardrobe....

SW: 193pds (as of the 8th)
    GW: 173.8 pds (for this challenge)
    Height: 5'4
  • matticrew
    Options
    All right Ladies lets do this :)
  • matticrew
    Options
    Okay Ladies.
    Frist day of challlange and I already have done HORRIBLE. I ate candy, popcorn and pasta-_- but hey we all have set back right?

I want to hear what everyone did today and what they ate todayyy. Feel free to share stories and why you are motivated to lose weight.

thanks ladies!
  • heather7marie
    Options
    I'm pretty bummed right now. I rolled over in my sleep this morning and woke up to a loud snap and a shooting pain through my neck and back. I'm not sure what I did, but now I can't move my head at all without feeling like I'm going to get sick from so much pain. I want to workout, but I can't move. Ugh! I hope this pain goes away asap!
  • matticrew
    Options
    Gosh that is horrible!
    I would take some aspirin and sleeep on it!
    FEEL BETTER
  • reidhome
    reidhome Posts: 26
    Options
    Omg, Heather - are you ok?? I hope your pain has gone away...
    I managed to hit the gym this morning - the 15th day in a row... Didn't eat most of the day and was RAVENOUS by dinner! Ate a ton of protein, but stayed at my calories... Anxious because I'm working out HARD, but not losing well.. And stressed about going on vacation Friday (for 2.5 weeks)... No gym, not really cooki g (maybe the last week).... Stressed that I might gain if I don't work out every day.... Hope I haven't set myself up for failure by working out every day... But motivated to do my best to keep it up (when I'm home)! :-)
  • sophisticare
    Options
    hi there, is it too late for me to join? :/
    have been looking for other challenges/groups but most of them are closed, hoping you all are still open!!

CW : 146lb
    GW : 120lb
  • heather7marie
    Options
    Omg, Heather - are you ok?? I hope your pain has gone away...
    I managed to hit the gym this morning - the 15th day in a row... Didn't eat most of the day and was RAVENOUS by dinner! Ate a ton of protein, but stayed at my calories... Anxious because I'm working out HARD, but not losing well.. And stressed about going on vacation Friday (for 2.5 weeks)... No gym, not really cooki g (maybe the last week).... Stressed that I might gain if I don't work out every day.... Hope I haven't set myself up for failure by working out every day... But motivated to do my best to keep it up (when I'm home)! :-)

I feel a lot better now, but it still hurts if I turn my head too far to the right/ left or up/ down. Bleh.
  • matticrew
    Options
    hi there, is it too late for me to join? :/
    have been looking for other challenges/groups but most of them are closed, hoping you all are still open!!

CW : 146lb
    GW : 120lb

yes of course! any one can join, not matter when! dont worrry!
  • matticrew
    Options
    I am happpy to hear that we are alll having a nice weekend( and heather I hope your okay and reid atleast you went to the gym!). I hope we are all staying motivated and know that they have TONS of support!

We age weighing in tomoorrow so please come on sometime during the day and reporting our weights. I bet you guys are all doing AMAZINGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Tell your friends about this group, I would love to get more people on our challlenge.

see you tomorrow beauties.
    xoxo
  • labreemike
    labreemike Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    count me in.
    305 current
    270 by 10-1
    5'9
  • labreemike
    labreemike Posts: 91 Member
    Options