What finally pushed you to lose the weight?

Options
1235»

Replies

• jillstreett
    jillstreett Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I know this isn't very helpful but just have to say yeah wow, I would never guess that nice figure in the photo was 5'2" and 220 lb. If I had to guess, I'd think several inches taller and about 70 lb lighter.

I totally was the same as you. You don't look 220 and I was close to 200 and I truly thought, there is no way I look anywhere near 200. I am 5' 6", however, but still I was in the same boat, almost denial. Until I started disliking every picture I saw of myself. Particularly in my best friends wedding. I was the heavy looking one in all the photos...then there was the wedding video. I could sue the videographer haha! He made a beautiful video then at the end did a few slow-mo pans across the crowd, and there I was dancing in slow-mo....and fat. I about threw up and wanted to apologize to my dear friend, who would never in a million years tell me I was fat, for not trying harder to look better for her on her day. I decided a few months after that to change and I am closing in on 40 pounds down.
  • jessnorcross9746
    jessnorcross9746 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I found out this past March that I am pre-diabetic. That really spurred me to change. I started my new diet April 27th and I've lost 28 pounds. I'm still just as motivated now as I was when I started. I am starting to feel better and fit in my clothes better. Being pre-diabetic has scared me into change.