HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Keep logging and stick with it. Move as much as you can and take each day as it comes
  • Nikki_Lee12
    Nikki_Lee12 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You got this! Stay motivated and take it one day at a time. It won't happen over night! I am here for support if you ever need it :)
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    THere’s a lot of good advice here.

My top weight was 376, and I was having a hard time walking places. I started by just logging food on MFP. I didn’t worry about what I was eating or when - I just started logging. You have to know where you’re starting to know what changes you might be wiling to make.

I worked with a nutritionist too. After getting used to logging, I changed up my breakfast from Bacon/Egg/Cheese biscuit’s (plural) to greek yogurt and water, maybe a banana. After I got used to that, I added drinking more water. Then I’d make changes to my lunches, like ordering a burger at Longhorn steakhouse without the bun - or I’d decide if I wanted the bun or if I wanted fries. If I wanted the bun, I’d get a salad. If I wanted the fries, I’d lose the bun.

I made the changes really slowly because otherwise I would have blown myself out. I found protein/fiber bars I liked - they help keep you fuller/longer and would have those for snacks in between meals.

I told someone recently, I feel like I’m building a bookcase. Today, I get the wood. TOmorrow I get the drill and the hammer. Friday, nuts and bolts, etc. THen Saturday, I actually drill one screw into 1 shelf... then One each day until it’s put together. It’s going to take a year to build it that way, but it’s going to take time to lose the weight anyway....so yeah....I have 160 pounds I want to lose, and then I’ll need surgery for excess skin. If I lose 10 pounds a month, that’s 16 months to get to where I want to be. In the meantime, will try to get healthier....build some muscles, eat better, yadda yadda yadda. BUT I WILL GET THERE.

Good luck on your path!!
  • duskyjewel
    duskyjewel Posts: 286 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    You've already gotten great advice, so I'm just going to give you my favorite resource:

http://www.skinnytaste.com

Gina's recipes are SO GOOD and she gives you all the nutritional info and WW points for people who use that program. If things don't taste good, I won't eat them and I'll go find something else. I cook from this site all the time and it helps keep me on track.