The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    Good morning all you peeps!
  • fuzacoza
    fuzacoza Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    fuzacoza wrote: »
    Just love those days, even your shuffled music is turning out just the right tunes. The opposite though, winter this side of the world. But still love getting up when it is dark outside, everyone sleeping going for a nice long run.

Where are you from? 4 hour marathon! That's terrific! No keto here, but intermittent fasting yes (except lately...I feel a peanut butter purge from the pantry coming). Came into work and put One Way Out on Youtube--the playlist they've come up with is making me want to chuck work and head to the shore. If only...

By the looks of things the only South African on MFP : p

Yeah happy with that, reckon I can do a 3h50 or so at my age. I started running two years ago after taking 50 minutes to do a 5k Parkrun back then! Enjoy running...great for the soul as well.

Nope you aren't the only South African @versicolour is one too.

Nice! Most people I know use apps like Fitbit. Their trackers are popular here so people prefer the apps then I guess.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Just love those days, even your shuffled music is turning out just the right tunes. The opposite though, winter this side of the world. But still love getting up when it is dark outside, everyone sleeping going for a nice long run.

Where are you from? 4 hour marathon! That's terrific! No keto here, but intermittent fasting yes (except lately...I feel a peanut butter purge from the pantry coming). Came into work and put One Way Out on Youtube--the playlist they've come up with is making me want to chuck work and head to the shore. If only...

Yeah happy with that, reckon I can do a 3h50 or so at my age. I started running two years ago after taking 50 minutes to do a 5k Parkrun back then! Enjoy running...great for the soul as well.

Nice! Most people I know use apps like Fitbit. Their trackers are popular here so people prefer the apps then I guess.

Im Australian so Im in a minority too :laugh:
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options

I was summoned? Howzit!

I am also into parkrun. Well, until I got back into my karate. I have yet to master the art of being in two places at the same time. I still love parkrun though and volunteer as communications for my local one. My running is not so great anymore but my karate is kickass
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    40 is middle agers??? really?!?!?
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    abadvat wrote: »

Yep.. :laugh:
  • fuzacoza
    Options

I was summoned? Howzit!

I am also into parkrun. Well, until I got back into my karate. I have yet to master the art of being in two places at the same time. I still love parkrun though and volunteer as communications for my local one. My running is not so great anymore but my karate is kickass

Howzit! I am in Joburg, the East Rand. Saw your profile pic, looks like you can do some asskicking! ;)

• abadvat
    Options
    ho behave!

• slimgirljo15
    Options
    ho behave!

Make me .. :p

How ya doing stranger?
  • abadvat
    Options
    lost cause - you can't even spell "behave" ;-)
    ho behave!

How ya doing stranger?

• slimgirljo15
    Options
    lost cause - you can't even spell "behave" ;-)
    ho behave!

How ya doing stranger?

Lol.. that word is unfamiliar :D
  • abadvat
    Options
    just a state of mind - I am 17 trapped in the body of a 40some year old ;-)
    IslandGal3 wrote: »

We rock that *kitten* tho! B)

• Versicolour
    Options

I was summoned? Howzit!

Howzit! I am in Joburg, the East Rand. Saw your profile pic, looks like you can do some asskicking! ;)

Awesome! I am in the West rand. You are the first South African I've met on here who is not doer en gone and living somewhere on the coast
  • fuzacoza
    Options

I was summoned? Howzit!

Awesome! I am in the West rand. You are the first South African I've met on here who is not doer en gone and living somewhere on the coast

Haha! Indeed, actually searched the forum by country but did not return anything. Cool, nice forum think I'll stick around, been using the app since 2015, gets the job done, counting calories and macros.
  • Versicolour
    Options

I was summoned? Howzit!

Haha! Indeed, actually searched the forum by country but did not return anything. Cool, nice forum think I'll stick around, been using the app since 2015, gets the job done, counting calories and macros.

Yeah. I was on and off the app for ages. It was only when I came on the forums and made some friends that I stuck with it for long enough to make a difference. Not that I am doing all that well, but anywho
  • fuzacoza
    edited June 2018
    Options
    allisonlane161 wrote: »
    » show previous quotes

PB...I like the cheap stuff you buy at any grocer. Can fill up all your three macros quite nicely if you try, a well balanced meal on its own if you look at it THAT way ;)

Seriously I even put it in soup!
  • allisonlane161
    allisonlane161 Posts: 269 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Glad to see fuzacoza and Versicolour have formed a South Africa population here. Maybe another will turn up! And good morning from NJ which has a forecast of great weather through Sunday. What are the odds the weathermen have it right? Made it to Spin last night--love that class. I get the runner's high from spin class. I only get runner's wiped out from running anymore. Today weights and light run afterward. Carpe diem!
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    kcpond wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    It's rainy in my part of Ontario today. I don't mind cause my garden needs it.
    My super sweaty workout yesterday seems to not have made me too sore so that's a yay. Anyone got any fathers day gift ideas???

What part of Ontario are you from. It is supposed to rain here in London. Has not started yet, but they just issued a thunderstorm watch for London. Sorry, no fathers day ideas from me though.

I'm in Toronto. We had rain overnight and this morning and I just got an alert for a sever thunderstorm warning. It is really humid so I wouldn't be surprised.

I was in London for a skating competition in February I think it was. During one of those ice storms. What a fun city.

Yes we get some ice storms and snow storms here, but we get used to it. Still don't see storms as bad as they get out east. Rain here really didn't develop that much. Had one 15 minute downpour but that was it.
  • berky06
    berky06 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all! I recently changed my username from shele62 to berky06. Trying to reconnect with friends. Had some personal stuff I was going through and had to clear my head. Things are a little better. I still counted my calories and exercised...but it is so much better with support from "friends"!
  • fuzacoza
    Options
    Quick question, how do you add people as friends? Clicking on profiles only give a message option?!