Let Me Down Easy..

Options
12346»

Replies

• Lift_Run_Eat
    Lift_Run_Eat Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Be cautious and discerning. You get a very selective portion of a persons character online. In real life it’s much more difficult to hide warts.

Heh. Hiding warts online isn't actually isn't that easy depending on the camera angle. :ohwell:

Wait what? You could actually see it? :s
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I hate liars. Just hit me with whats up and it makes getting over it easier. Just don't expect me to be your friend in any case.
  • ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    MySpace was before Facebook and after AOL.

I was active at MySpace...and a particular site that asked lots of questions for compatibility and had great forums...back in 2004'ish.

• orange_blossoms
    orange_blossoms Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    But I´d rather you be mean than love and lie, I´d rather hear the truth and have to say goodbye, I´d rather take a blow at least then I would know. But baby don´t you break my heart slow.... It´s von Vonda Shepard and there is no more to say or explain.
  • itwentthere
    itwentthere Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I guess this explains what happened to me. The lost interest part I mean. I’m not over it and I doubt that I’ll ever be over it. People say time heels all wounds and such and such.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Honestly, where I'm at in life I'd rather someone just save the time and tell me F you. Straight to the point. No stringing me along.
    Buh-bye!
  • Renaissance_Turtle
    Renaissance_Turtle Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Blunt is good. Painful sometimes, but good. Might as well hit the truth at a dead run.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    Honestly, where I'm at in life I'd rather someone just save the time and tell me F you. Straight to the point. No stringing me along.
    Buh-bye!

So what if you are in a kind of relationship, and you like the person, kind of a lot, but just don't see it going where they do...or at least at the speed they do?
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    Buh-bye!

So what if you are in a kind of relationship, and you like the person, kind of a lot, but just don't see it going where they do...or at least at the speed they do?

I guess I figure things take time but dragging things on and on with "I don't knows" or uncertainties, just give it to me straight or I'll give it to you straight.
  • starfighter65
    starfighter65 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I go old school I slip them a note on there car windshield .
  • barefootboatnik
    barefootboatnik Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'd rather someone just be upfront about it. It may feel like a difficult thing to do, but it's MUCH easier on both parties than letting drag on.

Reminds me of a time when autocorrect did the job for me. I'd run into an old high school crush, 20 years later. Roles had reversed, she was interested in me, but I wasn't feeling it. Was more than happy with just her friendship. After a few days of awkward texts, I sent her a text that was MEANT to say "I think we're best off where we're at now."

What did the autocorrect say, you might ask?

"I think weenie best off where weenie at now."

Same thing when it's all said and done, I reckon.