169 Calorie BIG, BIG, BIG Bowl Of Noodles

Options

Replies

• plantobefit
    plantobefit Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This sound like something I will try...thanks for the info...
    Plantobefit
  • queenbeaumont
    Options
    BUMP :)
  • Monica_in_MO
    Monica_in_MO Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • juji2099
    juji2099 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kulli1
    Kulli1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Sounds nice. Any ideas if it can be reheated in the microwave at work, i've done it with normal noodles and stirfry but never tried these tofu ones before (going to go hunting for some in the asian shop down the road)
  • LindseyC87
    LindseyC87 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    bump.. making this today for lunch.
  • Cheermamasita
    Cheermamasita Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    sounds great, I'm gonna try today!! thanks for sharing!
  • baybeecakes08
    Options
    BUMP
  • nwilliams29
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing! I might have to look for tofu shiratake noodles at the Japanese grocery store down the street from my house (I live in Japan!!!) and try this for dinner tonight.
  • Tonyajangel
    Options
    sounds amazing
  • Biffybeans1
    Biffybeans1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I LOVE these noodles. I went on the Internet yesterday to read more about them. There were a couple things I want to share.
    1) The noodles while often found in the refrigerated area in the store don't require refrigeration if the package hasn't been opened
    2) There is an expiration date printed on the noodle packaging. If they expire, two things can happen, the noodles have an even stronger smell beyond just the mild fishy odor the noodles normally have that rinses away under hot water and they may not retain a noodle shape and pretty much dissolve when you open the package.
    3) You can't freeze these noodles. If you do they will disenigrate after thawing.
    4) There are Shirataki noodles and Tofu Shirataki noodles. Both have the same consistency and virtually the same taste and good nutrition.
  • PamelaRose88
    Options
    bump
  • mamashatzie
    mamashatzie Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    That sounds freakin' fantastic. I can't wait to try it.
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Just ordered a bunch from Amazon. I can't wait to try these and will post my thoughts and tastes after I make them! Thank you so much. xoxo
  • RN4Surgery
    RN4Surgery Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Okay...Im new...what does Bump mean??? noodles sound great btw:)
  • chevysarah
    chevysarah Posts: 188
    Options
    bump! Looks great :)
  • finallychelle
    finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Okay...Im new...what does Bump mean??? noodles sound great btw:)

It serves two purposes:

1) By replying to a post it shows up in your "My Topics" so you can easily find it again later.

2) It moves the post back to the "top of the heap" so others can more easily see it. So, in a sense, you're saying, "I want to keep this at the top of the list because I think it's a good post and other's should read it."

-Chelle
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Chelle, I gotta tell ya, You made my night!

I live in Delaware so anyone in the NJ, PA, DE or MD vicinity can get these at either Giant Foods or Harris Teeter. HT had them ON SALE for 2/$5 Yippee! I got some fresh sprouts and raced home...

So I assembled my sauce before hand. I really thinned mine out. I used Rooster sauce 'cuz I had it on hand. You could easily sub green Thai chili paste *or* green Thai chili paste and I'm sure it would be yummy. Pad Thai, as well.

I cut back considerably on the chicken bouillon (only used 1 t) and used low sodium soy sauce. I had Mrs. Dash garlic and herb on hand. I also had a ton of baby slice portebellas and know how meaty and filling THEY are, so tossed in about a 1/2 cup of those.

Oh my!

They definitely have the mouth feel of a noodle. I would say they are slightly chewy and sort of reminded me of calamari (which I like). I rinsed them really well before putting them in the pan so I really didn't have that fishy smell.

I can't finish the bowl! LOL. I seriously cannot get all this down (I do have the Realize Band). But still. Wow. That is a LOT of food!

Gotta say I'm so thrilled to have discovered how yummy bean sprouts are in such a simple meal. I really have to eat them more often.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share this with us!

xoxo
    Bevy
  • ccaym
    ccaym Posts: 86
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, can't wait to try it!