Pregnancy – August 2011

Options

Replies

• mukie89
    mukie89 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    anya- congrats on the pregnancy! how are you feeling?

L4SnJ- welcome :)

Rachel- we havnt heard from you in a little bit, any news????

Elizabeth- im sorry about the morning sickness, is anything helping much? i would be sick from the time i got out of bed until midnight ): only dry crackers seemed to help

Anne- thanks for the advice and support :)

Caperfae- wow what an exciting U/S!! I cant wait to get another one

Julz- I hope everything went well over your busy weekend. sounds busy but fun :)

Yay so i finally got to catch up on this thread properly!!! Sounds like evryones doing pretty well which is great :) To make myself feel better after my average doctors appointment yesterday I had a super relaxing bath by candlelight last night b4 bed, incorporating a bath bomb and coal soap that i got given for my birthday. todays been a good mix of relaxing, work and catching up with family.

In terms of buying second-hand, we have done the same. we found packs of 5 onsies for something like $5, a packand play for $10, a $40 bassinet from walmart (with great reviews). i am also going to buy a second-hand breast pump (i dont feel strange about this) and also hope to breastfeed to decrease costs.

I'm finding that i have less cravings for sweet things of late which is great, i hope this lasts, especially now that im peeling back the exercise.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    I agree, scorpionmom is right that the younger you are, the easier it is. My first was born a month before I turned 21 and my third came when I was 25. I'm 33 this time (almost 34) and it's definitely a lot harder, just dealing with my pregnancy. Honestly it was easier to be preg at 25 with a 4-year-old and 2-year-old to take care of than it is at 33 with kids who actually do a lot to take care of me!

Today was pretty hectic. Orchestra was fun. Funny thing happened there: we're playing the music from LOTR and we got to a part with heavy drum beat. Baby was moving a bit, and when the drum started (it's pretty close behind me) I think baby jumped and then stopped moving for a minute, like he was startled and then trying to figure out what it was. But he started moving again pretty soon. I think he likes music :laugh:

At the birthday party I was given a big piece of cake because "I'm eating for two." And silly me, I ate it :grumble: Oh well, I've been under my calories pretty much all week. Less than 8 weeks to go, so if I end up gaining a pound a week the rest of the time, I'll still be at only 20 total. I need to stop obsessing so much about it, I think.
  • joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options

I'm here, just lurking. I really thought labour had started today, but turned out to be a ton of strong braxton hicks.I tried to get things going tonight by taking a brisk walk on my treadmill, took a warm bath, and tried some nipple stimulation exercises to get the oxytocin flowing. Nothing. Nada. I really think soon though. Been feeling... laboury. If that is even a word!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options

I'm here, just lurking. I really thought labour had started today, but turned out to be a ton of strong braxton hicks.I tried to get things going tonight by taking a brisk walk on my treadmill, took a warm bath, and tried some nipple stimulation exercises to get the oxytocin flowing. Nothing. Nada. I really think soon though. Been feeling... laboury. If that is even a word!

I hope so! Will be thinking of you!
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918
    Options

Thinking of you! Hope it's soon :smile:
  • joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options
    Haven't even felt one braxton hicks today... sad face! (my add smiley button is not working).

Maybe the baby will come on the 16th. Every person in my husband's family has their birthday on the 16th (his sister, him, his mom, and his dad. All different months though).
  • mathjulz
    Options
    Haven't even felt one braxton hicks today... sad face! (my add smiley button is not working).

Maybe the baby will come on the 16th. Every person in my husband's family has their birthday on the 16th (his sister, him, his mom, and his dad. All different months though).

Maybe your body is taking a quick breather before baby day. Hope it happens soon, anyway.

My smiley button hasn't been working either. I've just been typing them in, lol
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Quick question.. did any of you get dry mouth/sore throat/dry throat during your 2WW or any time before you found out you were PG? I am 8 or 9 DPO today and have been SO crazy thirsty. Woke up with a sore throat and I have almost had 10 glasses of water, its only 5 PM right now.
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    Quick question.. did any of you get dry mouth/sore throat/dry throat during your 2WW or any time before you found out you were PG? I am 8 or 9 DPO today and have been SO crazy thirsty. Woke up with a sore throat and I have almost had 10 glasses of water, its only 5 PM right now.

Thirsty for sure. That's a fairly common symptom as far as I know. It kept up throughout my pregnancy too so it's easy to get your water intake, which is good :)
  • Jennwith2ns
    Options
    Kind of like god's or whoever's way of telling you to drink more water, lol. Thanks for the reply!
  • Lindseyjones1717
    Lindseyjones1717 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Sending labor wishes your way Rachel!!
  • mathjulz
    Options
    Had a couple of mildly painful BH today in church (I figure they were BH because they went away and because it was mostly on one side). It's funny, this is the first pregnancy I've even noticed them at all, and I am having a ton!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    I had a dream last night of the most perfect home water birth ever. I wasn't planning on buying a birth pool or even one of those small kiddie pools to birth in, but last night I had a dream that I'd been in labor for 4 hours, with great support from hubby, the kids were calm in the background. All their needs were taken care of, and the birth pool was ready and warm. I climb in, and the contractions change and I know it's transition and can feel his head slipping further down the canal. Some other woman was there; I'm assuming she was a doula, and she was talking to my husband when I started feeling pushy. I pushed through one long contraction and he came right out and floated to the top with my hand right underneath him, guiding him up. He immediately coughs and wails and cuddles his face into my neck and we go to bed. And then I woke up. It was the best dream I've ever had. The most peaceful, beautiful thing ever. I thought for a second that it was real and had to check that I was still pregnant. lol I hope I keep having dreams like this.
  • Jennwith2ns
    Options
    I had a dream that I received a bunch of baby shower gift :) Hope its a good sign, if not for this cycle.. one to come!
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    ElizabethRN – sorry about the m/s, but at least it doesn’t last all day for you. Hope it goes away soon.

Melissa – Sorry you’re on bed rest, but you can’t worry about anything that you’ve already done. Just take it easy from here on out.

ElizabethNJ – We all were in the “I just look fat” stage for a while. I didn’t start to look pregnant until about 22 or 23 weeks. I promise it will happen. I say all time that I went to bed looking fat and woke up pregnant. I agree with buying the full panel pants, they form to your belly and give you a much more rounded pregnant look.

Caperfae – yea for a good u/s! Glad everything looks great!

Indiankel – hubby and decided together when we were going to start TTC, but when it came time for me to go off the pill he freaked out. There will never be the “right” to do anything. My husband still freaks out about money at least once a week but there are millions of people (my parents included) who raised kids on a much smaller income than we have and everything was fine.

Julz – I’ve been “eating for two” all weekend. :embarassed: I need to snap out of it. Glad you had a good weekend!

Rachel – thinking of you!! :flowerforyou:

So “lunch” with my mom yesterday was my shower. It was amazing! :bigsmile: I’m so overwhelmed by everyone’s generosity. I forget how creative my cousins and mom are when it comes to decorating, they had a cute “clothes line” hung up along the wall behind my presents with so many onseies pinned up. My favorite thing was the diaper cake my cousins made for me, if photobucket cooperates I’ll post a picture of it. They used size 2 diapers so I’m just going to keep it in her room until she’s big enough before I take them apart. Pretty much everything $30 and up was purchased off our registry. We were also given TONS of really cute clothes, lots of diapers/wipes and my favorite…gift cards/money. We got some doubles of the big stuff so we’re going to take them back this week for store credit. I’m excited because that combined with the gift cards and we have enough money for the super expensive (but still cheapest I could find) dresser that matches the crib. I still can’t get over how expensive baby furniture is.

august2011133-1.jpg
  • jalyner
    jalyner Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Welcom L4SnJ!

Congrats Anya1982!

Rachel, Good luck. I hope it happens soon!

Indiankel- both my husband and I have those moments of indecision and cold feet. Husband just lost his job so we thought we should stop trying, but we decided that we don't have to spend a lot of money on a baby. We've been buying things second-hand and saving them in the attic for when we finally do have a baby. That way it won't be a big cost all at once.

Maybe this is TMI, but I'm ovulating tomorrow, so wish us luck!
  • jenzimmer
    jenzimmer Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new ladies!

Things have been good. Nothing much to report. The diabetes thing is a challenge but I'm getting used to it. The last 3 weeks I haven't gained anything. Then from last thursday to today I'm up like 3 pounds! Ouch!:frown: So that's 23 pounds at 31 weeks. Not to bad I guess. It's hard to imagine that the baby will be here in about 2 months! :noway:
  • Jennwith2ns
    Options
    Yay for the shower! That diaper cake is amazing.
  • ElizabethJ17
    ElizabethJ17 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is finally the big day. We find out if baby has the same brain abnormalities that my daughter has and also if it is a boy or girl. Hopefully baby wont be shy tomorrow and I am hoping to get some sleep tonight. I am sure it will be hard to fall asleep daddy and I are so excited to see the little one again.
  • indiankel
    indiankel Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is finally the big day. We find out if baby has the same brain abnormalities that my daughter has and also if it is a boy or girl. Hopefully baby wont be shy tomorrow and I am hoping to get some sleep tonight. I am sure it will be hard to fall asleep daddy and I are so excited to see the little one again.

Elizabeth,
    Good luck tomorrow and hope its a great day for you and hubby!!