Less Alcohol- June 2018- One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    @donimfp Bring me some of your peaches. I just had an idea for a peach ginger chutney I am not salivating over.

I will drink in social situation but I have no problem abstaining and if I do drink I am quite reserved. I am most tempted at home with no guests so I think I got the short end of that deal though.

@lporter229 I am cautious on the internet too. I know "too much" about data mining. This might help though:

http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN

You should definitely remain cautious at work though. It is too easy to see everything you do on the network.
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    We are gonna do a little bbq tonight so I am gonna have a few light beers.
    Saturday and Sunday plans are with the families for mine and my wife’s sides of the families. None of our parents are drinkers so the weekend will be alcohol free
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,179 Member
    Options
    I have been reading a new blog, unpickled. It is her journey of going AF. I am really enjoying it and can relate to her a lot. She talks about needing a community to go AF. She keeps her giving up wine a secret for a while. I have not really told anyone except this thread. I have told a few people I was giving up alcohol to lose weight. I think it is bigger than that for me though. On the losing weight front I am almost 10lbs down at 49 days AF.

I read some of unpickled and really enjoyed her blog. Thanks for the reminder. I will go back to it. Awesome weight loss= Amazing AF days ! Xo
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Busy day pacing, waiting for test results. No news. Good news is I got a lot of steps, LOL. Haven't gone over my drink limit but went over calories. I'm ok with it. Its just so hard not knowing.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    snoo61 wrote: »
    Busy day pacing, waiting for test results. No news. Good news is I got a lot of steps, LOL. Haven't gone over my drink limit but went over calories. I'm ok with it. Its just so hard not knowing.

@snoo61 Sorry, I missed what test results you're waiting on. Wishing you patience and a good result.
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »

@snoo61 Sorry, I missed what test results you're waiting on. Wishing you patience and a good result.

@Orphia I had a biopsy Monday. Trying not to stress, not successful today. Thanks for your good thoughts. :)
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »

@Orphia I had a biopsy Monday. Trying not to stress, not successful today. Thanks for your good thoughts. :)

Hugs!!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,179 Member
    Options
    Weekends are the hardest. Not that I've had to fight any specific cravings, or am having a weekend full of functions to attend, but there is just a vibe to the weekend that automatically makes me think of chilling on my deck with a bottle of wine & munchies. More than a "craving" for that, is the "missing" that.

The thing I do NOT miss is the next day if I had one too many & how I felt physically; tired, sluggish, unmotivated & emotionally drained, disappointed in myself. Always regretting not stopping one glass sooner & the whole conscience being bugged because I wasn't moderate. OR betraying my well-intentioned plan in the morn to not drink that day & then allowing my "evil twin" Lurleen talk me into having "just one" drink later that day. Spending alot of my day vacillating between thoughts of drinking & not drinking. Blah, blah, blah & once I've wasted part of my day with all THOSE negative thoughts, I would feel like crap in more ways than one. I feel SO much better everyday I am AF!!! That alone is incentive to keep working at it.

Best feeling in the world being AF. Totally agree with your comments. Xo
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    In light of what Annie Grace says, I found this interesting (Hope the link pastes from my phone).

https://www.npr.org/620328777
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    JenT304 wrote: »
    I have neither abstained nor moderated. The Chardonnay wolf in the woods got me yesterday. Unfortunately I am still associating drinking with stress relief which I have been in mighty need of. Once we finally move into our new home (next Friday) and get through Memorial service of my mother in law, I will be able to refocus my attention on my physical and mental health. I will try to be AF today. One day at a time. Happy Father's day to the dads out there.

“One day at a time” is one of the strongest parts of this whole group. Can’t even comprehend your stress but based on your posts you seem to have been very strong considering everything. *hugs*