Less Alcohol- June 2018- One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    snoo61 wrote: »
    Busy day pacing, waiting for test results. No news. Good news is I got a lot of steps, LOL. Haven't gone over my drink limit but went over calories. I'm ok with it. Its just so hard not knowing.

Waiting is the worst part. Been thinking good thoughts about you *hugs*
    I haven’t brought it up here but my wife had a biopsy this week as well. She is handling the waiting way better than I am ...

Oh man good luck to you and your wife as well, and please keep us posted @snoo61 . Waiting must be dreadful.
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Yep, I was one of those people out drinking with friends. The good news is I had one glass of wine at this big dinner with colleagues last night. The sorta bad news is I'm having a glass of wine nearly every day lately, so not exactly back to square one, but I thought daily drinking was a thing of the past with me. I'm just kinda puzzled, because my daily "glass" of wine has been a measured-out 4-6 oz with dinner. But with that goes a little undercurrent of concern, like where is this leading ? . . .
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    @snoo61 It never ceases to amaze me how the medical field can know so much about stress and yet does nothing to prevent it in these situations. Still hoping for a good result!

@JenT304 You have had a lot on your plate in a very short amount of time. It is so hard to find the ability to do something new and life changing without some stability to start building a foundation. Hopefully that is coming soon for you.

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options

I haven’t brought it up here but my wife had a biopsy this week as well. She is handling the waiting way better than I am ...

I have been through it and I have gone through it with my wife. I MUCH prefer to go through it myself. Warm thoughts coming your way too.
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    snoo61 wrote: »
    Busy day pacing, waiting for test results. No news. Good news is I got a lot of steps, LOL. Haven't gone over my drink limit but went over calories. I'm ok with it. Its just so hard not knowing.

I hope she gets good news, and quickly! *hugs* sending warm thoughts to both of you.
  • snoo61
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    @snoo61 It never ceases to amaze me how the medical field can know so much about stress and yet does nothing to prevent it in these situations. Still hoping for a good result!

It really does seem crazy doesn't it? Next they'll be yelling at me for high blood pressure. :D

• trishfit2014
    trishfit2014 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    @snoo61 and @EricNJ I hope you both get good news soon.

@JT304 Be kind to yourself you have so much going on. Hugs

• trishfit2014
    trishfit2014 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    donimfp wrote: »
    In light of what Annie Grace says, I found this interesting (Hope the link pastes from my phone).

https://www.npr.org/620328777

I swear you cant trust "studies" anymore.
  • Katehopes
    Katehopes Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @snoo61 waiting is awful, I hope you get results with good news quickly. Sending you good vibes in the meantime.
  • snoo61
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the well wishes!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,176 Member
    Options
    salleewins wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Going to do some things in memory of Dad. First Dad's day without him. 5 years ago is the last Father's Day that I saw him alive. We would talk on the phone every couple of months since then. We did fight more than I would have liked. He refused to talk with me for 5 years once. I did have to apologize first at times---errr. ;) I was pretty bad as a young adult and he was patient. In my favor,I did tell him I loved him out loud out of the two of us, first, that I remember. None of it really matters anymore. I sure do miss him. Some time really did get wasted. Until I see you in heaven Dad.....We knew we were going and often spoke of it.....As of May 17th, he is now there with my two late sons, Mom and God knows who else.....

I wish those in any situation that is strained, the best today on this Father's Day and Happy Father's Day to all Dads out there.

What a loving message you wrote. Wishing you peace today.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,176 Member
    Options
    @NovusDies Wishing you a peaceful day. I can see you're doing very well this June with your goals. Xo