JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS - Round 44

Replies

• quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,741 Member
    edited June 2018
    @tiabirdie56 Waste it or waist it!

@Snowflake1968 You may not have had huge losses but you HAVE lost every round. Keep it up!!

@SheilaBoneham and @tiabirdie56 When I went to DGD’s softball games this spring there was no shade and temps of 100+. Too much for me so I only made it through 1/2 of each doubleheader. Sat in the a/c car until DD arrived then said bye bye.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
    @tiabirdie56 Waste it or waist it!

@Snowflake1968 You may not have had huge losses but you HAVE lost every round. Keep it up!!

@SheilaBoneham and @tiabirdie56 When I went to DGD’s softball games this spring there was no shade and temps of 100+. Too much for me so I only made it through 1/2 of each doubleheader. Say in the a/c car until DD arrived then said bye bye.

Thank you, I have to keep trying to remember that.
  • jerier
    jerier Posts: 384 Member
    @quiltingjaine I feel ya. It helps me to look at my annual progress graph on this site/app.
  • L2HS
    L2HS Posts: 137 Member
    jerier wrote: »

@L2HS Your loss will stick. Keep making healthy choices, stay within a caloric deficit 5 - 6 days per week, eat at maintenance calories for the other day(s). You should continue to lose the excess body weight. It's a numbers game with the greatest losses when we have more than 20-25% of our ideal body weight to lose. As we become more lean, the losses are in smaller increments. I liken it to our bodies adjusting to our new normal.

With that said, quality does play an important role. When I eat healthy foods at a weekly deficit, I see a downward trend in my weight. When I eat high sodium foods at a weekly deficit, I retain water and typically show a gain or no loss as the trend. When I eat high sugar foods at a weekly deficit, my body retains more water than with sodium and the trend definitely goes upward.
    jerier wrote: »
    L2HS wrote: »
    Just Give Me 10 Days

5'2", Female, Serial Starter, Loss 65lbs in 6 months with MFP in 2013 (250lbs to 185lbs). Did it once, can do it again. Confident it’ll stick this time. SW: 250lbs (05/28/18), UGW: 140-150lbs

R43 SW 240.4 EW 237.6 (-2.8)
    R44 SW 237.2 EW TBD

Day/Weight/Comment

6/18- 236.8 Readjusted my goals and calories budget decreased by 200 calories. Not worried about it though since I’ve been consistently logging below budget. I have a nagging worry in the back of my mind that this big weight loss at the beginning of my journey won’t stick. I’m at about 13lbs in 3 weeks with just sticking to 1500 calories. No exercise yet because I’m waiting for clearance. I feel like I’m cheating somehow.

@jerier Thank you for this reply. What you’re saying makes a lot of sense. This is the 3rd or 4th time I’ve used MFP to lose weight (with the same starting weight). It’s never come off this quickly so I’m afraid to get my hopes up. I keep thinking “all I’m doing is eating less”. But that’s not true because my food choices are definitely better this time. And that takes dedication I need to credit. Though I will definitely have days where I budget for a non-healthy treat, I know that the key is my food choices and relationship with food must change for time to be successful. I need to change my mentality that I didn’t “earn” these losses by actively exercising. I know the time will come when I will have to work harder. Thank you, again. I’m so glad I found this challenge.