Less Alcohol- June 2018- One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• trishfit2014
    trishfit2014 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    donimfp wrote: »
    Anthony Bourdain's suicide hit me hard because I've followed his career for years and even met him at a book signing. This article regarding his alcohol use/abuse was interesting.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/opinion/article213372539.html

I wondered about this. Sad.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    @lorrainequiche59 @donimfp Awesome job!! That is not easy to do!
    Happy Anniversary @donimfp - I dont blame you if you celebrate with some perfect champagne or drink of choice!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    pismodiver wrote: »
    Just want to say a big thank you to everyone that posts in this thread (and kudos to Julie, especially). I ended up having 1 glass of wine a few days ago with a dear friend, but it was one glass over an hour and a half, and I truly enjoyed it, and then I stopped, and I'm OK with it. And I'm still happy about my decision to be (mostly) #Dry'TilJuly. It's improved my quality of life, for sure.

Thanks so much! I like the phrase DryTilJuly. Sounds like you are doing well! Thanks for the note xo
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @NormInv Awesome!
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    @norminv, SO GLAD TO SEE YOU! Welcome back, friend!!
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    jecky74 wrote: »
    So my husband and I spent 4 days camping at a motorcycle rally. There was much much drinking and a lot of snacking. Coming home and starting clean today was actually a relief. I found myself looking forward to not drinking today. This gives me some piece of mind. My father was an alcoholic and I have wondered many times over the years if I had a problem. There have definitely been times I was drinking too much. In any case, after being AF April and May I gave myself the rally to just let go. I struggled with that decision. I worried that I would feel all the day 1 anxiety I felt before. So it makes me feel better that I can say yes when I want to and no when I want to.

I know that feeling. After a little break not drinking feels like the best thing!
  • erikNJ
    Options
    donimfp wrote: »
    @lorrainequiche59, you continue to be my doppelgänger. Day 18! Me too. Friday is my 25th anniversary at a posh hotel. I’m thinking AF won’t be happening. But 18 days is kind of money in the bank along this journey. Saturday starts another streak. 18 days is more than I’ve been AF in years. Literally. Progress.

That is a great streak. Nothing wrong with a break. But you wanting to start another streak is what matters most!
  • erikNJ
    Options
    NormInv wrote: »
    I wanna be back in here....today was Day 1

I have thought about you. I hope to see more of you.
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    NormInv wrote: »
    I wanna be back in here....today was Day 1

Welcome back, you've been missed!
  • como_agua
    como_agua Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    after our weekly sunday grocery shopping, my husband went to the liquor store and wanted a few beer for a. father's day and b. while we fixed the deck. he asked if i wanted anything. i admit my resolve kind of fell . i bought a bottle of Aperol *an italian aperitif that is mixed with soda water and prosecco to make a spritz* and a small bottle of prosecco. i had two drinks only, and had soda water for the rest of the day. we had a great dinner, the sun was shining, and i felt good about being moderate and not drinking for the rest of the weekend.

i hope all you Dads out there enjoyed your father's day! and that everyone had a wonderful weekend :)
  • como_agua
    como_agua Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    edmudman wrote: »
    Day 12 AF, have survived the usual triggers of airports, travel, sunshine, BBQs. Have got my parents staying for a week and it is great being able to take them out, without having to watch my limit or be grumpy because I can’t drink as much if I am driving. Have been out buying wine and beer for them, with no urge at all to drink any. Happy with my sparkling water and a slice of lime. Taking them to a great Tapas bar tonight in the old town, which has an awesome wine menu. I’m looking forwards to it , as the food is amazing and I know my head is going to be clear tomorrow ;)

TAPAS! you're in Spain??? : )
  • islandbeez
    islandbeez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Yay @NormInv !!