Less Alcohol- June 2018- One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    @como_agua, I fell in love with spritzes during my trip to Italy in March. Unfortunately, for me they go down like Kool-Aid, so I can't indulge in them. Good for you for enjoying them mindfully. Sounds like a nice evening.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    @kcn2bluesky I did sleep much better after being one month AF. I do know that when I do drink 2-3 drinks that night's sleep is just awful! Happy you have such a long, wonderful streak. I applaud you! Xoxo
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @jecky74 This is a new week. Get back to your health goals, and never regret having fun! Life is an adventure! And self awareness is key. Now, you're ready to get back on track. Xo
  • edmudman
    edmudman Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    como_agua wrote: »
    TAPAS! you're in Spain??? : )

Lanzarote, where I live when not in the Desert :)
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    @NormInv Welcome back!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Hi Friends, I'm heading to Florida for five days. I'm going with a friend who has always been a moderate drinker. She can sip that one glass of wine for an hour while I salivate and debate whether to just order myself another! Do you ever do that? You are sitting with a moderate drinker and realize just how fast you drink. And how you try to emulate and just sip your beverage like her.
    I'm also going with my teenage daughter and friend who don't drink. So, I will try to stay mindful and have only one or two drinks by the pool. I'll also monitor that if I dont feel well after those two drinks, I wont bother drinking the rest of the weekend. I want to feel good every morning when I wake up and we go on long bike rides and power walks on the beach.

You probably already know this but you might want to drink a fair amount of Gatorade (or take any other measure that hydrates and boosts electrolytes) before your pool plus alcohol outing. IME it can be hours before but it does help. You certainly do not want a few drinks to interfere with your nice time away.

• NovusDies
    Options
    snoo61 wrote: »
    Finally got my test results today, Negative. What a relief!
    ErikNJ, any news? Not trying to pry, just thinking about you.

That is EXCELLENT news.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @NovusDies I never thought of that- you're right. I'll do that. Thanks for the tips. You are the one who doesnt get hangovers anymore- is that your strategy? To prep before hand?
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @snoo61 I'm so happy for you! What a relief!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @looneycatblue Hey, I've done that before. Adding a little VD to my sparkling water at home, and then the real party starts and by then I was already tipsy acting like I wasn't.
    I know how you feel. But you are on day 2 today and just wait til day 5 and you will feel so much better and get back on track.
    Sometimes, we have a trigger and before we know it, we pour one and then another. Wonder what the trigger was for you.
    Sending you a big hug.
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options

Hooorayyyyyy!!! So Happy for you!
    No news yet, my wife’s was a few days after yours. So hopefully by the end of the week
  • NovusDies
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @NovusDies I never thought of that- you're right. I'll do that. Thanks for the tips. You are the one who doesnt get hangovers anymore- is that your strategy? To prep before hand?

Myself and @erikNJ . Prepping beforehand is one part, yes. Prepping for you under the Florida sun might prevent an even worse hangover for not much alcohol.

ETA: I wouldn't say I don't get hangovers at all. I just get very mild ones.
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Options

YAY!!!! Phew! SO happy for you.
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    @snoo61, Awesome!!!
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »

Hooorayyyyyy!!! So Happy for you!
    No news yet, my wife’s was a few days after yours. So hopefully by the end of the week

Sending warm thoughts and good vibes, just know someone is thinking of you both.
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Thanks and love to all of you! I still have to figure out what's going on, but your support has helped me deal with this.