Exhausted

Options
13»

Replies

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need to be more assertive. List the chores. Hold a family meeting and assign duties to everyone in the household. Set clear expectations and goals and state rewards and consequences. You are doing no favors to anyone by taking on the world. No one remembers the martyrs. How old are your kids? What can they do to help? Having a sense of purpose is critical to development and kids wither and die without this.

There are 168 hours in a week. That's plenty of time to do the tasks that are important. Focus on what is important to you and honestly, let the rest go.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I hear you saying that your lifestyle (doing everything for others) HAS to be sustainable because it's what you have chosen, what's culturally acceptable, and what's expected by others in your life.

Your body is telling you it's not sustainable though. Telling you loud and clear.

Great suggestions here - MORE CALORIES (and not from another fast food meal; are you getting enough protein, among other nutrients, or just a bunch of sugar and fat?) - LESS HIIT and more reasonable expectations about workouts - shortcutting your home responsibilities wherever possible.

I sounds like you don't think anything can be shortcut or outsourced to others. I say this with an empathetic hug: when you fly on a plane they tell you, PUT THE OXYGEN MASK ON YOU FIRST. What happens to your family when you can't sustain the pace, physically or emotionally? It seems to me that increased focus on your own health and well being has to be a priority...

It's not sustainable. That's why I reached out for help because I don't know how to juggle all of it, but I know it all has to be juggled. I knew there were more experienced people that could guide me in the right direction. I know I can't continue the way I am. I am literally at my desk after a 20oz redbull fighting to keep my eyes open. Something's got to give.

Everyone has told you how to juggle it. Quit being "superwoman."

I work full-time, raise my child and hit the gym before and after work to get my training in. Dinner is either in the crockpot, something simple (including tacos!) or hubby cooks. Cleaning is minimal, and I have someone come in once every two weeks to do the deep cleaning. Son is required to do chores, including mowing the lawn and dishes, cleaning his room and bathroom. Hubby pitches in with laundry and other stuff. I go to bed at 7:45 every night and am up at 3:45 to make everything happen.

I'm 5'9, 180, and losing on 1800 calories per day.

Yes, when my ex husband and I were both working full time and going to school part time, I paid someone to come in periodically to do the deep cleaning. And I bought a dishwasher.

Awesome, isn't it?!? I love coming home from work the day the 'cleaning fairy' has visited. Blissful!

Yup - we hired a cleaner to come in once every month and do a detail cleaning. One of the best investments we ever made.
  • RunStart34
    RunStart34 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    emmies_123 wrote: »
    Thank you everyone! Again my household responsibilities won't change, but that's okay. I chose to be a wife and mother and I don't regret it. I just need more energy. :smile:

As a child who had no chores around the house let me tell you my parents did me no favors. Did I enjoy not having to do anything other than homework and have fun? Yes! Did I become a functioning adult? NO!

I would highly advise having your children start helping you around the house. I'm not sure how old they are but I'm including a link that breaks down example tasks by age group.
    https://www.focusonthefamily.com/parenting/parenting-challenges/motivating-kids-to-clean-up/age-appropriate-chores?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIw-nu2Lng2wIVyFmGCh30-w8kEAAYASAAEgK_qvD_BwE

This suggestion is not just to help you gain more time back. It is also so your children can take care of themselves without relying on others once they leave the house. Children do not learn through osmosis of watching you do it, they learn by trying themselves while in an environment where it is safe to ask for help or clarification.

Please do not take this as an attack on your housewife/parenting style. It is not intended that way at all. I just wanted to provide perspective that not many consider.

Boy do i agree. I also grew up in a traditional Hispanic family, but my mom made darn sure i knew how to do chores. Doing my own laundry and cleaning around the house by 12 and cooking food by 13. This will help you and your child. I can totally voucher for it. LOL it helps when you head off to college and need to take care of your self. Also, learning good food options or portion control will also help you as well as your children. Looking back to my childhood I didn't have that knowledge from my family which cause me to gain weight from a young age since the typical dishes were tacos, burritos, enchiladas, flour tortillas, etc... delicious... but when you have a breakfast and lunch just as heavy it becomes more calories then is needed.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Psychgrrl wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    If you're actually doing HIIT 5x per week, that might be part of the problem. HIIT shouldn't be performed 5x per week. True HIIT should be done once or twice per week tops. HIIT is brutal to the body.

Well that's nice to know! I usually start with 30 minutes of a regular cardio routine to warm up, 20 minutes of interval running, and then 30 minutes of an HIIT exercise. I read that that HIIT training was good for your energy levels and metabolism. That would explain why after almost six weeks I feel worse than I did before I started working out so hard. I thought my body just had to get used to it. I've always been active as far as sports, but an actual gym routine is new to me.

HIIT should only be done once per week. Most people don't reach high enough intensity levels to truly be doing HIIT. That being said, it sounds like you might be overexercising in that area and maybe under-fueling.

What is your calorie goal, weight loss goal, current height and current weight?

Calorie Goal - 1200 - Which usually comes from one fast food meal during the day
    Weight loss goal - 190lb
    Current height - 5'8"
    Current Weight - 262lb

I usually burn off all my calorie intake according to my FitBit.

I'm the first to say I am doing this all wrong, but I don't really know how to go about my calories, my macros, my workouts. I was active and fit in school. I love to play sports! I still go play a game of basketball once or twice a week. As far as a gym/workout routine, eating healthy/correctly, I am just winging it.

you arent supposed to burn off all your calorie intake. your body burns calories just by being alive. if you burn 400 calories through exercise eat most if not all back. MFP gives you your defecit without exercise. if you are netting negative numbers then that is why you are exhausted. when they say burn more than you take in they dont mean eat 1200 calories and burn off 1200 calories. it means you eat less than your TDEE(bmr-what your body needs to function+ your activity calories=TDEE). at 262 lbs all that exercise and not fueling your body is too much ,you are also most likely losing a lot of lean mass eating so little.
    If you're actually doing HIIT 5x per week, that might be part of the problem. HIIT shouldn't be performed 5x per week. True HIIT should be done once or twice per week tops. HIIT is brutal to the body.

Well that's nice to know! I usually start with 30 minutes of a regular cardio routine to warm up, 20 minutes of interval running, and then 30 minutes of an HIIT exercise. I read that that HIIT training was good for your energy levels and metabolism. That would explain why after almost six weeks I feel worse than I did before I started working out so hard. I thought my body just had to get used to it. I've always been active as far as sports, but an actual gym routine is new to me.

HIIT should only be done once per week. Most people don't reach high enough intensity levels to truly be doing HIIT. That being said, it sounds like you might be overexercising in that area and maybe under-fueling.

Calorie Goal - 1200 - Which usually comes from one fast food meal during the day
    Weight loss goal - 190lb
    Current height - 5'8"
    Current Weight - 262lb

I'm the first to say I am doing this all wrong, but I don't really know how to go about my calories, my macros, my workouts. I was active and fit in school. I love to play sports! I still go play a game of basketball once or twice a week. As far as a gym/workout routine, eating healthy/correctly, I am just winging it.

you arent supposed to burn off all your calorie intake. your body burns calories just by being alive. if you burn 400 calories through exercise eat most if not all back. MFP gives you your defecit without exercise. if you are netting negative numbers then that is why you are exhausted. when they say burn more than you take in they dont mean eat 1200 calories and burn off 1200 calories. it means you eat less than your TDEE(bmr-what your body needs to function+ your activity calories=TDEE). at 262 lbs all that exercise and not fueling your body is too much ,you are also most likely losing a lot of lean mass eating so little.

I was always curious if you were supposed to be measuring calories in general or net calories. I'm going to work on upping my calories and not working out so hard everyday. Maybe I'll get some of my energy back.

with mfp they use the NEAT method which calculates your deficit and you are supposed to eat back some of your calories and if it gives you 1500 calories that means you should net 1500 calories. now if you follow any other method where your exercise calories are included(here they are not) then no you dont eat those back. I would set my calories to lose 1-1.5 lbs a week and eat to that calorie goal. see what happens in the next month and assess things then. if you still feel exhausted then get blood panels done to rule anything out Im sure its just eating too little and working out too much,but you never know. I have health issues that leave me exhausted quite often and I eat enough calories(sometimes too much lol).

I'm actually extremely healthy to be over weight. No diabetes, thyroid, high blood pressure, blood works always comes back exceptional. However, I get bad migraines and seizures. That's not because of my weight, I've had them since I was 3; but I know my weight is eventually going to make them worse. This fatigue is making my migraines really bad this last month.

try eating more and see if that makes a difference. some people who have migraines and seizures see better results with a a keto diet not saying it would help you out but it may.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    xhuerax wrote: »
    emmies_123 wrote: »
    Thank you everyone! Again my household responsibilities won't change, but that's okay. I chose to be a wife and mother and I don't regret it. I just need more energy. :smile:

As a child who had no chores around the house let me tell you my parents did me no favors. Did I enjoy not having to do anything other than homework and have fun? Yes! Did I become a functioning adult? NO!

I would highly advise having your children start helping you around the house. I'm not sure how old they are but I'm including a link that breaks down example tasks by age group.
    https://www.focusonthefamily.com/parenting/parenting-challenges/motivating-kids-to-clean-up/age-appropriate-chores?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIw-nu2Lng2wIVyFmGCh30-w8kEAAYASAAEgK_qvD_BwE

This suggestion is not just to help you gain more time back. It is also so your children can take care of themselves without relying on others once they leave the house. Children do not learn through osmosis of watching you do it, they learn by trying themselves while in an environment where it is safe to ask for help or clarification.

Please do not take this as an attack on your housewife/parenting style. It is not intended that way at all. I just wanted to provide perspective that not many consider.

Boy do i agree. I also grew up in a traditional Hispanic family, but my mom made darn sure i knew how to do chores. Doing my own laundry and cleaning around the house by 12 and cooking food by 13. This will help you and your child. I can totally voucher for it. LOL it helps when you head off to college and need to take care of your self. Also, learning good food options or portion control will also help you as well as your children. Looking back to my childhood I didn't have that knowledge from my family which cause me to gain weight from a young age since the typical dishes were tacos, burritos, enchiladas, flour tortillas, etc... delicious... but when you have a breakfast and lunch just as heavy it becomes more calories then is needed.

not hispanic but my mother didnt allow us to do anything because she wanted things done "her way" yet she would get mad if we tried to help.I had to have my grandma and mother in law teach me how to cook,clean and so on. Bur I agree children need to learn these tasks and start being independent so that they can live on their own when they get older. I see so many kids who cant deal with life because mommy and daddy give them what they want and wait on them hand and foot and they learn nothing. my nephew is one of them.

he expects his mother who works to buy him expensive shoes(hes 17) yet he wont get a part time job to buy his own. she given in because she doesnt want to be a "bad" parent. and now she wonders why her almost 5 year old is uncontrollable. I taught my kids how to cook,bake,clean and so on.I was bound and determined that my kids were going to be taught responsibilty and not rely on us forever. when my sister dies 2 of her kids wont know how to deal without her. her oldest on the other hand is independent and does for himself.
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Hispanic female here....full time bread winner for a long, long time. I am learning to let some stuff go for my own sanity. I talk to my mother every day religiously and am getting ready to hire someone to come help me clean once in a while AND I WILL NOT TELL MY MOTHER! LOL, I am 45 years old and scared of my mother's judgement and look of disappointment. But in the end, culture, upbringing, etc.... It's my sanity at risk.

You cannot take care of your family if you do not take care of yourself. Find a way to meal prep for yourself and eat enough to sustain your activity. Sending you many many hugs!
  • txmaryk99
    txmaryk99 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Could you maybe take this adventure in steps?

Spend the next 6 weeks working on what you feel is better eating (it is different for each of us). Weigh, measure and log everything that goes into your mouth including calories in your drinks. Leave the working out on the table for 6 weeks.

As you feel better, less tired, you will have better control over the food aspect and by 6 weeks it will be a lot easier to do. You may find that meal prep is now a breeze.

Then add in the exercise part.

Taking it in steps like this will help you realize if it is not enough food that is causing the exhaustion or the exercise, or the combination. Plus you will be less likely to burn out by taking it in steps.

The dirty clothes don't go from the hamper to the closet automatically clean do they? You have to sort them, wash them, dry them, fold them and then place them in the closet right?

Take your new healthy adventure a step at a time. Your body will love you for it.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    How much do you sleep each night? When I started becoming more active, I absolutely needed more sleep. I also tried eating 1200 calories for a while, and even though the weight was melting off (I'm 5'6" and started at 256lbs), I felt like an exhausted pile of turd. Similarly, I do most of the household chores like cooking and laundry.

A couple of things I did which have helped improve the situation:
    • I meal prep one day a week to keep MY diet in check. This is usually just breakfast/snacks/lunches and I cook a family dinner that I can portion to fit my calorie goals. The kids eat what I eat because I do the work. If they want something else, they can scavenge for it themselves. My kids breakfasts/lunches are usually a variation of my own or they make it themselves (my kid is a teenager so I have a break there.).
    • I go to bed at the same time every night. For me it's like 8:30pm because, well, I can and I get up at 4am to run before everyone else is up. This is tricky if you have little ones, but God's honest truth, get yourself at least 7 hours of sleep each night and your life will change.
    • Decide what you can live with not being done around the house, because you are important and you deserve to have a healthy life and body. This could mean a few loads of laundry are slower to get done or something doesn't get vacuumed or scrubbed exactly when it usually does. Once you find you can honor yourself first, it becomes easier to honor other things. All that stuff will fall back into order--it just takes a little time.
    • Go through the MFP "wizard" again and select an appropriate activity goal and rate of loss. Probably something like sedentary + 1lb to 1.5lb per week. This gives you a few more calories to work with. As long as you are measuring your portions with a food scale, you'll continue to lose and not feel terrible.

Thank you! Everyone in my household is good about eating what I cook. I just cook unhealthy because it's easy. Since I work so many house and take care of my household fast and easy is the way I go. Ex: Tacos.

My day starts at 4 am and ends at midnight. I work out in the morning before work, go to work, errands after work, go home to take care of my son and home by myself because my husband works the late shift (I'm like a married single mother), and wait for him to get home around midnight. We have 15 minutes of us time a day during the week and only weekends as full days.

I don't understand the "it's easier to cook unhealthy" part. I meal prep with the crock pot (get one!), shop, cook and freeze enough meals for the whole week every Sunday, and make enough Mason jar salads for my lunches during the week. One pot meals and sheet pan meals are healthy and cook fast while you get in a workout, clean a room or do a load of laundry. Pinterest is a huge help with these, plus they help the food budget too.

I appreciated this little glimpse into your world, @New_Heavens_Earth - pretty impressive woman ;) But I do think you need more sleep!
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    try2again wrote: »
    How much do you sleep each night? When I started becoming more active, I absolutely needed more sleep. I also tried eating 1200 calories for a while, and even though the weight was melting off (I'm 5'6" and started at 256lbs), I felt like an exhausted pile of turd. Similarly, I do most of the household chores like cooking and laundry.

A couple of things I did which have helped improve the situation:
    • I meal prep one day a week to keep MY diet in check. This is usually just breakfast/snacks/lunches and I cook a family dinner that I can portion to fit my calorie goals. The kids eat what I eat because I do the work. If they want something else, they can scavenge for it themselves. My kids breakfasts/lunches are usually a variation of my own or they make it themselves (my kid is a teenager so I have a break there.).
    • I go to bed at the same time every night. For me it's like 8:30pm because, well, I can and I get up at 4am to run before everyone else is up. This is tricky if you have little ones, but God's honest truth, get yourself at least 7 hours of sleep each night and your life will change.
    • Decide what you can live with not being done around the house, because you are important and you deserve to have a healthy life and body. This could mean a few loads of laundry are slower to get done or something doesn't get vacuumed or scrubbed exactly when it usually does. Once you find you can honor yourself first, it becomes easier to honor other things. All that stuff will fall back into order--it just takes a little time.
    • Go through the MFP "wizard" again and select an appropriate activity goal and rate of loss. Probably something like sedentary + 1lb to 1.5lb per week. This gives you a few more calories to work with. As long as you are measuring your portions with a food scale, you'll continue to lose and not feel terrible.

Thank you! Everyone in my household is good about eating what I cook. I just cook unhealthy because it's easy. Since I work so many house and take care of my household fast and easy is the way I go. Ex: Tacos.

My day starts at 4 am and ends at midnight. I work out in the morning before work, go to work, errands after work, go home to take care of my son and home by myself because my husband works the late shift (I'm like a married single mother), and wait for him to get home around midnight. We have 15 minutes of us time a day during the week and only weekends as full days.

I don't understand the "it's easier to cook unhealthy" part. I meal prep with the crock pot (get one!), shop, cook and freeze enough meals for the whole week every Sunday, and make enough Mason jar salads for my lunches during the week. One pot meals and sheet pan meals are healthy and cook fast while you get in a workout, clean a room or do a load of laundry. Pinterest is a huge help with these, plus they help the food budget too.

I appreciated this little glimpse into your world, @New_Heavens_Earth - pretty impressive woman ;) But I do think you need more sleep!

Thanks @try2again! I agree, I definitely need more sleep! :D
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I hear you saying that your lifestyle (doing everything for others) HAS to be sustainable because it's what you have chosen, what's culturally acceptable, and what's expected by others in your life.

Your body is telling you it's not sustainable though. Telling you loud and clear.

Great suggestions here - MORE CALORIES (and not from another fast food meal; are you getting enough protein, among other nutrients, or just a bunch of sugar and fat?) - LESS HIIT and more reasonable expectations about workouts - shortcutting your home responsibilities wherever possible.

I sounds like you don't think anything can be shortcut or outsourced to others. I say this with an empathetic hug: when you fly on a plane they tell you, PUT THE OXYGEN MASK ON YOU FIRST. What happens to your family when you can't sustain the pace, physically or emotionally? It seems to me that increased focus on your own health and well being has to be a priority...

It's not sustainable. That's why I reached out for help because I don't know how to juggle all of it, but I know it all has to be juggled. I knew there were more experienced people that could guide me in the right direction. I know I can't continue the way I am. I am literally at my desk after a 20oz redbull fighting to keep my eyes open. Something's got to give.

Everyone has told you how to juggle it. Quit being "superwoman."

I work full-time, raise my child and hit the gym before and after work to get my training in. Dinner is either in the crockpot, something simple (including tacos!) or hubby cooks. Cleaning is minimal, and I have someone come in once every two weeks to do the deep cleaning. Son is required to do chores, including mowing the lawn and dishes, cleaning his room and bathroom. Hubby pitches in with laundry and other stuff. I go to bed at 7:45 every night and am up at 3:45 to make everything happen.

I'm 5'9, 180, and losing on 1800 calories per day.

Don't think I am not taking everyone's advise into consideration. I am taking it all in and going to work it into a new routine. However, my household is run a little different. Nothing wrong with you way or my way, just two different ways. It's easy for people to say everyone does something or everyone does this or that. That's not the case in my household, and that's okay. I'm not abused or forced to run my household a certain way. I was just brought up differently and have different expectation of myself and my roles as a mother and wife. My thread was why I was so tired not how to change my lifestyle. I used to do just fine until I started the lower calories and HIIT. Now I know up the calories and cut back on the killing myself in the gym. Haha! I appreciate everyone's advice. It's what I asked for and I would not have asked for it if I was not willing to make some changes. :smiley:

If you are working 12 hours a day and also have children and cleaning, you probably don't need to exercise right now. Concentrate on the food. And definitely you need to eat MORE. I am 187 lbs. (down from 237) and I'm eating 1550 calories net per day and I'm losing a pound a week. At your weight you can definitely eat more than me and still lose. It is scary that you were eating 1200 calories and doing 5 workouts per week on top of your busy life with work and chores.

I understand the cultural issues. Do you have disposable income so that your family could hire someone to come in once a week to do some cleaning? They could do the big cleaning and then daily you just have to spend a little time straightening and sweeping, quick vaccuum if you have carpets, kitchen/dishes.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    With your lifestyle I'd do less HIT and try some yoga. I say that because that's what I did and it helps keep you on track. I understand because I live in Italy--similar expectations from the family. I have 3 sons and a husband to cook and clean for. Cultural pressure is intense and hard to get around.
  • adortiz1990
    adortiz1990 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thank you all I appreciate the advice and encouragement. I am taking it all in and putting it all into use. I know I will get the hang of this with all your help. :smiley:
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    kd_mazur wrote: »
    Are you eating quality food to fuel your workouts and general activities? Have you considered a multi vitamin? have you discussed it with your doctor?
    I am a single mommy who works full time (more than full time during the busy season). I found that taking time on Sunday afternoon to plan the weekly evening meals and meal prep for lunches for the week really helps me out...and coffee is my friend:)

I eat like crap! I started a vegetarian diet this week hoping that helps. I can meal prep for myself, but my kids don't really eat left overs. Redbulls are my best friend but even these days those don't help.

May be crashing off the caffeine in the Red Bulls. Not a good thing, cut back or eliminate.
  • adortiz1990
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Weight loss goal - 190lb
    Current height - 5'8"
    Current Weight - 262lb

1200 calories per day is a weight loss target aimed at a sedentary female of small stature. You are neither of those things. Also another reason you're probably exhausted...you're underfeeding your activity.

I will up my intake and hopefully that helps with my energy levels.

That's a good plan. Even as a sedentary female at age 59, 5'5", and mid-150s, 1200 was way too low for me (even when I ate back all my exercise on top of it). You're zooming all day long, you're younger, taller, more active, and heavier. I can now maintain my weight (low 130s, age 62) on 2100. 2100 is a plausible short term weight loss goal for you. A slower weight loss rate that's healthy, sustainable, and doesn't leave you exhausted is a better plan than a pure-punishment extreme cut that won't be sustainable for as long as you need it to be to get to a healthy weight. That may sound harsh, but I think it's true.

I'd vote for dropping the HIIT, too, for reasons noted (high stress on your body, not as beneficial as the evangelists claim, shouldn't be done daily).

Reading through this, you've been pushing yourself to the max in private life, stacking a large amount of exercise on top of that, including too much exercise intensity too often (the HIIT), eating too few calories, and you "eat like crap". You didn't say it in so many words, but I wouldn't be surprised if you're under-sleeping as well. "Exhausted", sadly, is the inevitable outcome of that kind of routine.

Consider dropping the HIIT, and using that time to do better on either the nutrition front, or the sleep front. For nutrition, you can take an incremental approach - review your food log here, pick something to work on improving, and chip away at that until it's improved, then go on to the next thing. Think in terms of what to add to your way of eating - sufficient protein, or more veggies/fruits, are often good choices for many people - rather than thinking of what to cut out. Think of it as remodeling your eating so you get to a place where you can happily maintain a healthy weight permanently, not as "a diet".

In particular, vegetarianism isn't magic. I've been vegetarian for 44 years, got fat then obese then thin as a vegetarian. I never encourage anyone to become vegetarian, unless s/he has ethical motivations. It just makes life more complicated. In your case, you already have a super complicated and challenging life, and going vegetarian just adds more complexity, and makes you learn more new things in order to get good nutrition. Why make life even harder? It should be easier to start from where you are, eating foods you're used to, and simply try to gradually and manageably shift in the direction of better nutrition.

In case it may help, here's a post I made a while back about one way to manage eating using MFP, with a view to starting from where you are and gradually changing: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm

You can succeed at this . . . slow down, calm down, focus on what you personally can influence and control, and gradually make positive changes.

Best wishes!

Thank you so much! I appreciate your response. As for the vegetarianism, I don't think it will be magic. Honestly I just got tired of meat. I have never been a red meat person mostly chicken and shrimp, but even these days those just don't sound good. So I figured it was a good time to try something different. Not really a diet, just a different choice of food. I am definitely going to cut out the HIIT and go back to something a little simpler as far as workouts. Thank you for your insightful words and encouragement. This was exactly what I was looking for when I made the post.
  • adortiz1990
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    kd_mazur wrote: »
    Are you eating quality food to fuel your workouts and general activities? Have you considered a multi vitamin? have you discussed it with your doctor?
    I am a single mommy who works full time (more than full time during the busy season). I found that taking time on Sunday afternoon to plan the weekly evening meals and meal prep for lunches for the week really helps me out...and coffee is my friend:)

I eat like crap! I started a vegetarian diet this week hoping that helps. I can meal prep for myself, but my kids don't really eat left overs. Redbulls are my best friend but even these days those don't help.

May be crashing off the caffeine in the Red Bulls. Not a good thing, cut back or eliminate.

I don't think it's the Redbulls but it might be. I had a dependency on them back when I was trying to manage life and earn my degree. I was eventually hospitalized for side effects. I stopped them for about two years and just started up again the last 3 or 4 months for a small boost. I am not dependent on them this time, but I could be crashing since my body as already had an adverse effect from them. I did not think about it.