Options

Replies

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,389 Member
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    HonuNui wrote: »

@shanber @elise4270 @skippygirlsmom as always, the back yard is open for camping. Currently, there is NOT a river of lava running thru it! (tho if elise wins the lotto, one of the resorts is a better choice.)
    @PastorVincent mutts are the best!

It be like Woodstock, but with runners! y'all shake your voodoo sticks, pray your prayers, zen your zen-bonies and I'll buy a lottery ticket and we'll all go to Hawaii for tattoos, good food, comradrarie and new running gear... then talk @7lenny7 in to taking us sailing. And go visit @girlinahat because her jobs the coolest.

Ok. Enough dreaming. Time to embrace another day in paradise, uh thats work yall. Back to work.

Oh but I wouldn’t be home. You see, I’d either be getting a tat, snorkelling with the turtles, or putting up my tent in @HonuNui’s backyard!!!

Get that ticket. Get two. Let’s get this MFP Hawaiian roadshow happening!!

I may have to get a couple of tickets too, just in case to hedge @elise4270! I wonder how many of us could fit on @7lenny7's boat?
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    06/01/18 - 0
    06/02/18 - 1 mile race & 5k race
    06/03/18 - 10 miles @ 9:52
    06/04/18 - 13.1 miles @ 9:04
    06/05/18 - 0 :(
    06/06/18 - 13.1 miles @ 9:30 including hill repeats
    06/07/18 -
    06/08/18 - 0 :(
    06/09/18 - 12 miles @ 9:29
    06/10/18 - 13.1 miles @ 9:22
    06/11/18 - 9 miles @ 9:12
    06/12/18 - 0
    06/13/18 - 10 miles @ 9:26
    06/14/18 - 9 miles @ 9:12
    06/19/18 - 6.2 miles @ 9:50

07/20/18 - Liberty Get Well Mile
    08/11/18 - Howl At The Moon 5k

--More as I find them - need find a nice trail race

2020 - Disney World Dopey! (if can raise funds)

Wanted to run more, but again did not have the time so did what I could in the time I had. I can not believe how little running I am getting in, but at least I ran today!
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    Traveling for work.... 9 mile jog today on a park trail.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq I usually wear Under Amour moisture wicking socks and so far no blisters.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq I have worn Features socks my entire running lifetime (six whole years) ;)
    I should try other brands, but it just hasn't been a priority as I don't ever remember getting a blister.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq I usually wear Under Amour moisture wicking socks and so far no blisters.

These and the Nike equivalent (Dry Fit I think) are what I ware in the summers. Very happy with them. Darn Tough wool socks in the cold weather.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq My favorite socks are Steigen. They are not cheap, about 20$ a pair. They dont shrink and I've never had blisters or hot spots, even with wet shoes (i like to stand in the water and cool my feet off) . They are thin and dont make my feet hot.

I like smartwool. But they have gotten to where they feel tight after so many washes. I do have several winter pair that i still love.

I have (maybe had, since my daughter steals my socks) that were recommended by @skippygirlsmom, something feet... feetures? They were nice too.

Nike and UA have their versions that might be a bit cheaper as you transition to better socks. I also liked sofsole. I cant remember where i got them, but they do just fine.

I bought a lingerie bag to put them in becausr i flip out when they get lost in the wash. Usually stuck inside a shirt or something.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

These and the Nike equivalent (Dry Fit I think) are what I ware in the summers. Very happy with them. Darn Tough wool socks in the cold weather.

Are these the kind you're talking about? I like the price but I'm suspicious because of the price. So many options! I definitely appreciate all the suggestions - I actually have two pairs of Wrightsocks I got on sale from REI but I've only worn them a couple of times, and seeing as I'd never had problems with my socks before today, have been dragging my feet about switching over for good. Lesson learned!
  • kat_ontherun
    kat_ontherun Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic That definitely sounds fun! I will have to look into that.
  • kat_ontherun
    kat_ontherun Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I had to go to the office today for my internship (I've gotten called in as needed over the last few years to do all the boring projects that nobody else wants to bother with). So had to get up earlier than usual for over an hour-long commute, so I got very little sleep last night. Didn't end up running today because of that - does playing Just Dance count as a workout though? ;P

Yesterday I did a recovery run of 1.54 miles after feeling surprisingly tired from the 3-miler I put in on Sunday. Quick side note - if you sometimes wear self-tanner, make sure your actually wash off the color guard before going out on a run in the rain. It was a disaster and I didn't even realize it until I saw brown color running down my leg when I was coming home.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,389 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq - I am also a Smartwool fan. They are a bit expensive but I have found them on sale at half price in stores (REI) and online. They are pretty much all I wear all year round. I usually get the PhD Run Ultra Light because they are thin enough that they don't make my feet feel hot. They also make a PhD Run Light Elite that have some padding in the heels and toes. They do shrink, like @Elise4270 says, so I make sure I wash them on cold. I also like the Steigen socks but they are more expensive and not available in any store here.
  • vandinem
    vandinem Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Date      Miles      MTD
    -------   -----    -------
    Jun  13     3.9        3.9 
    Jun  15     4.1        8.0 
    Jun  18     4.1       12.1 
    Jun  20     4.1       16.2 

• PastorVincent
    Options

Are these the kind you're talking about? I like the price but I'm suspicious because of the price. So many options! I definitely appreciate all the suggestions - I actually have two pairs of Wrightsocks I got on sale from REI but I've only worn them a couple of times, and seeing as I'd never had problems with my socks before today, have been dragging my feet about switching over for good. Lesson learned!

Maybe. :) UA has a ton of different labels that I am convinced in the end the same product :) These is the exact ones I wear though: https://amzn.to/2MB046Z

The ones you linked looked like they are also good.