Loosing 15lbs till the end of July.

Options

Replies

• 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Count me in too... I am 173 at the moment... Hope to lose about 15.... I do mostly cardio three times a week...
  • s2503
    s2503 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    You can count me in!

I do circuit training on Monday and Tuesday.
    I play pickleball on Wednesday.
    I do yoga and Zumba on Thursday.
    I play softball on Friday.
    My off days are the weekends.

I am also doing intermittent fasting right now of 16hr fasting and 8 hr eating window.

Starting weight as of June 1st was 171.8.
    Current weight as of June 21st is 170.2.
  • Iffiormana
    Iffiormana Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I’m trying to add everyone as a friend so we can keep inspiring & motivating each other ♥️
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    SW 06/22/2018: 106.2
    Goal weight: 103.8 # (or less )

I want to lose roughly 4 pounds. Since its my last 4# and its essentially "vanity" weight, I know this will be a
    challenge. However- mentally I feel better when the scale is lighter. Also, I like how my mid-section looks when I'm just a touch lighter. Other than that...most people will NOT be able to tell at all. Its more for ME mentally.

About Me:
    I'm Hypothyroid(take levothyroxine 100mg), 47.5yrs and have had a hysterectomy FWIW.
    - I do about 1 hour of working out 6 days a week
    - Ive been struggling with eating healthy and with doing any tracking consistently.
    - I eat in a 12 hour window

I',m 5'1" and used to maintain at 99# (which is probably an unhealthy weight goal). Over the past year I've crept up, hitting 108 on easter. I want to stop this trend! Some of it has been changes in family (kids no longer at home, daughter rebelling and doing crap she shouldn't be #stress, Lost a job, have a new job, New work place is full of treats, my will power is low....). I'm trying to change my mindset.

• conatser9
    conatser9 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    SW 6/22/18 - 183
    GW- 165

I need to lose another 18lbs. I have been up and down lately. I've been really hungry, so I've been eating more then I should. I start the day out good til about 1 in the evening then I start snacking.

I'm a heathy 45yo woman with 3 kids.
    I'm very active on our farm and I also try to get a good 3 mile walk in everyday.
    I need to stay on track and focus on logging my food. and not get side tracked.

I feel like 165lbs. is a healthy weight for my height 5'8''. and I need to be able to do my farm work.
  • Anikib
    Anikib Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Can you add me too please. It seems like since I hit 45, my weight is creeping up on me. I am 5’1 and 145 lbs. my ultimate goal is to get back down to 120. I’ve just started going back to the gym, but I need friends to keep me motivated... I am awful at logging my food, but I want to do that too 🙄🤣
  • Shexio
    Options
    Anikib wrote: »
    Can you add me too please. It seems like since I hit 45, my weight is creeping up on me.🙄🤣
    Okay - so its Not just me and being 47. I'm not SURE what's happening but, yeah - I totally understand.

• steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    Are these unrealistic goals?

Probably. 10 lbs in 40 days would be aggressive but slightly more attainable. Actually losing 15 lbs of fat in 40 days means a continuous loss of 0.375 lbs/day or 2.625 lbs/week (higher than MFP's max setting, which is unsustainable for most people with less than ~30-50lbs+ to lose).

Assuming the prescribed 3500 calories/lb of fat is accurate, you would need to incur a deficit of 1312.5 calories per day which is extreme, and completely ill-advised.
  • str8bowbabe
    Options
    Shexio wrote: »
    Anikib wrote: »
    Can you add me too please. It seems like since I hit 45, my weight is creeping up on me.🙄🤣
    Okay - so its Not just me and being 47. I'm not SURE what's happening but, yeah - I totally understand.

I feel you both...when I hit 40 I was I was less than 120 lbs. I got to 45 and I was 179 lbs. I have been down to 155 at one point around 2 yrs ago but I am back at 170ish. Why do we have to deal with ALL this stuff at once...weight gain, hormones, aging in general? Man can we ease into it one thing at a time?
  • str8bowbabe
    Options
    steveko89 wrote: »
    Are these unrealistic goals?

Probably. 10 lbs in 40 days would be aggressive but slightly more attainable. Actually losing 15 lbs of fat in 40 days means a continuous loss of 0.375 lbs/day or 2.625 lbs/week (higher than MFP's max setting, which is unsustainable for most people with less than ~30-50lbs+ to lose).

Assuming the prescribed 3500 calories/lb of fat is accurate, you would need to incur a deficit of 1312.5 calories per day which is extreme, and completely ill-advised.

I think most of us here understand this is not a realistic goal that is safely attainable in this time limit. I think this is more a way for all of us to support each other to lose as much as we can safely.
  • Iffiormana
    Iffiormana Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    May be it won’t be attainable or may be if we think that we have to loose 15lbs & strive for it we can loose like 10ish or something lbs.
    Every lb matters here.
  • pkcsdh
    pkcsdh Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Joined Anytime Fitness two days ago! Logging my food on this app~ Lets do this 😄
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    I think most of us here understand this is not a realistic goal that is safely attainable in this time limit. I think this is more a way for all of us to support each other to lose as much as we can safely.

That's certainly the case. I was simply addressing the question that was asked and largely for the edification for those users that may not share that perspective and get discouraged if they failed to hit the 15lb mark in the allotted time.
  • Shexio
    edited June 2018
    Options

I feel you both...when I hit 40 I was I was less than 120 lbs. I got to 45 and I was 179 lbs. I have been down to 155 at one point around 2 yrs ago but I am back at 170ish. Why do we have to deal with ALL this stuff at once...weight gain, hormones, aging in general? Man can we ease into it one thing at a time?

Oh god I pray that's not where I'm headed! They brought treats into work. Cinnamon rolls (mini cinabons) and a cookie cake. I had 2 cinnamon rolls and like a 'large cookies' worth of cake. I still ate my chicken for lunch (hoping having something half way healthy helps I guess). UGH. WHY did I even decide to eat today?!?!? That's what I feel like. Why can't I just figure out how to stop eating?!?!

I know, Its because Sugar is So damn addictive. I really need to start being more accountable. I mean, I am going to become more accountable! I just want to go ride an exercise machine for the next 2 hours (#notReallyButSeriously).

SW 06/22/2018: 106.2
    Goal weight: 103.8 # (or less )

• Shexio
    Options
    So.... this starts today?!?! I'm guessing so...I'm camping until Sunday.
    So I will work on making better choices so that when i weigh in on Monday morning i'm NOT my sW.
  • Shexio
    Options
    I think I need to do this to stay on track:

From Wiki:
    Set up a reward system. However smart we think we are, all humans still respond to the same basic impulses. Set up the right reward system and your brain will be putty in your hands.

Some like to devise a point system. For every good decision (be it food or exercise), you get a point. When you reach 100 points, treat yourself to something you'd enjoy (like a massage or a shopping trip). Don't reward yourself with unhealthy decisions, such as going to McDonald's or buying more sweets that are high in sugar! This will only undo your hard work.[6]

Some like to bank their progress. Every time you have a good day, you put some money into a jar. That money goes to your reward, whatever it is.

Your reward doesn't only have to be at the end! Set it for a certain amount of miles, a certain amount of calories cut or weight lost, or a certain amount of days you've gone without caving. Making them constant will keep them in sight.
  • Mermers24
    Mermers24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to be in! I will try my best but realistically I will be losing a pound a week!

Weight: 157 Ib
    Height: 5'1"
    Calorie Goal: 1480
    Goal Weight: 145 lb

I work out 3-4 Days a week, strength training. I need more time to do cardio so I will make a commitment of a 15-20 minute walk/run. Biking I usually do around 30-45 minutes!
  • acqjohns
    acqjohns Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’m in! This will be the motivation I need to get back on track and stay!!
  • acqjohns
    acqjohns Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’m in!! This will be the motivation I need to get back on track!!
This discussion has been closed.