Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• rosileem
    rosileem Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Saturday success: I’ve been sticking to my daily meal plans, been portion wise. I think another success I’ve had is when I recognize I’m not eating enough- at one point today I felt dizzy and weak. I realized what I allotted wouldn’t suffice and had to move around my food aims. I need to fuel my body properly
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @rosileem -- you can still log your weigh work in the exercise in the cardiovascular log. I think it's listed as "strength training." I used to log mine all the time before I got a fitbit that automatically syncs my calorie adjustment.

@MommaBear-- I listed my goal weight for the whole summer b/c I copied/pasted someone else's (I think it was Katrina's) template for the challenge and she had August 31, 2018 next to "goal weight."

@_Shelly_Belly_ -- I used to be totally scale-crazy and inconsistent with weighing myself. I would weigh multiple times a day and stress over every fluctuation. Then I wouldn't weigh for weeks, or I would try to weigh in once a week but then would forget. Before I started MFP, I read a bunch of research that said people at a healthy weight tend to weigh every day, so I wanted to do that but get over my scale obsession. I decided to weigh every day, but only check in a new weight on MFP when it dropped below my previous low. That really worked well for me. I allowed me to see the daily fluctuations and keep things in check if I was gaining, but it also let me see that despite those fluctuations, the general trend over weeks and months was downward.

Welcome to the newlings!

Super Summer Slimdown :sunglasses:
    Name: Karen
    Height: 5’7"
    Highest Weight: 247
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 201.6
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 180

6/16- 6/23 challenge focus
    Move More--how I did:

6/18- 6/23 personal focus
    Log everyday--how I did: 5/5

June 8- 197.8
    June 15-200.2
    June 23- 198.2
    June 30-

Weight -/+ this week: -2
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -3.4
    Total weight lost: 48.8
  • rosileem
    rosileem Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    @skinnyjeanzbound oh I found it- thanks for the direction!!
  • trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I really hate it....when after a small weight gain then a really good day of tracking....I start drinking my coffee BEFORE I weigh in!!!

Now I HAVE to be really good today,so I can see a downward trend on Mon. (we are going to see Incredibles 2today...here's to staying away from movie theater popcorn and bringing my own.....hummm where is that large purse... )
  • trinati2001
    Options
    On a side note....anyone have any ideas how to track a beginners yoga workout?? I have a Fitbit so I'm just letting that do it's thing, but it doesn't track it as an exercise....and I'm also not sure if at this point it is much of an exercise...

I love going for a walk and then seeing how many calories it was....it's great positive reinforcement (and seeing what it would take to burn off that quesadilla) but maybe that isn't what yoga is...

Just wanted to get other options as I'm starting to get really into yoga.
  • moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    We successfully brought home the new kitty, Aphrodite. Its been a stressful week worrying of she'd still be waiting for us at the shelter, worrying about how resident cat Bailey would take it. I had so much anxiety yesterday my fitbit didn't read under 80 bpm and i could feel my heartbeat in my chest all day. Aphrodite is totally at peace. Purring, kneading her claws, escaping from her safe area, falling asleep on the couch. Bailey is hiding and hissing, but we knew she'd be that way.

I barely worked out this week, i ate too close to maintenance, and i was stressed. I stepped on the scale and it was up a couple pounds, but I'm not going to worry. This is just a blip in my routine.
  • DebCountsAll
    DebCountsAll Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily for another thread on MFP and I record here on Fridays.

What is it like weighing daily? I have thought about doing it but haven't because I thought it might drive me crazy.

I can understand the idea that weighing daily could be discouraging, I think that's what weekly weigh ins attempt to avoid. But I weigh daily regardless. I know I got into this mess by not being present and accountable for my personal choices. I am getting out of it by being mindful of how much I eat, when I eat, how much I drink and what beverages, and consciously choosing to exercise. I want the daily accountability.

I've learned things I would not have learned otherwise. I can eat under and at my calorie limit and not lose weight for days if I don't drink enough water. Bad choices often take two days to show up on the scale. Walking five miles increases my weight loss for three days afterward. If I eat too much salty stuff (like salted almonds) and am completely under my calorie total, it will take three days to stop retaining water. And...the most important lesson: One bad meal every once in awhile makes no long term difference. If I eat a holiday meal, but just that meal, and go right back to my plan, it has no effect on my weight loss after two days. Once in awhile for me is far less than once a month. I now know I'll be able to get through the end of year holidays just fine since it is three meals total for celebrations.

None of my observations are scientific, this is completely anecdotal and based on my own biased observation of myself. I've learned more about myself by daily weigh ins and I will continue to weigh daily.
  • DebCountsAll
    Options
    Super Summer Slimdown
    Name: Deb
    Height: 5’8”
    Highest Weight: This round: 295 (January 16, 2018)
    Start Weight (June 2, 2018): 255.6
    Goal Weight (June 30, 2018): 247.6

6/1- 6/8 focus: Hydrate! Try to get your water in every day this week. How I did:: :smiley: I'm one of those people who can get water in easily. I have two 32 oz bottles I bought while in Alaska in January. I rotate them, and refill as soon as one is empty. I cannot drink cold water unless it is an attempt to cool down. It has to be room temperature. I just keep a bottle with me at all times, and if I get the feeling that I've had enough water for now, I wait an hour to drink more. If I drink four of these bottles a day, weight loss is so easy. I'm less hungry and virtually never feel any desire to snack. If I drink three, that's okay and my weight does okay too. Two? Less? My weight loss stagnates the less I drink.
    Positive self talk? How I did: I wasn’t overtly negative, I just wasn’t positive. I’m logging daily but basically standing still with weight. I’ve been working on some long term personal projects and ironically, not drinking nearly enough water.

6/16- 6/23 focus: MOVE MORE! How I did: I had projects to complete which involved a lot of activity (for me anyhow). It felt great to get things done, and my mind was occupied with planning rather than my stagnant weight.

June 8- 253.4
    June 15- 253.8
    June 23- 252.4
    June 30-

Weight -/+ this week: -1.4
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -3.2
    Total weight lost: 42.6
    83125515.png
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Forgot to say how I did with the "moving more" challenge. I don't know if I moved more than when we were on vacation b/c we walked A LOT. However, my walks with my dog are definitely at a faster pace than strolling with my husband on the riverfront. I also didn't have any calorie-laden drinks in hand as we did in Savannah. LOL

I also did more purposeful exercise--I ran a couple of times and did strength work while watching TV in the evenings.

6/16- 6/23 challenge focus
    Move More--how I did: okay--see above

6/18- 6/23 personal focus
    Log everyday--how I did: 5/5

June 8- 197.8
    June 15-200.2
    June 23- 198.2
    June 30-

• JayRaeUK
    JayRaeUK Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    HI all, Sunday seems like a good place to introduce myself;) My name is Jamie I am from Colorado, although I live in the UK now. I have 2 children 6 and 8 and have just finished studying for my MSc in counselling and psychotherapy...let's just say this last 10 years, I have really piled the weight on! Migrating, back to back pregnancies and university leaves me at 275:( I'm trying to get into logging my food and get my head around the calorie thing and I'd like to start to add in some more exercise. I was doing really well swimming a few times a week but just tore a tendon in my foot a week ago, so back to focusing on diet, which I need to spend some time getting my head around portions, not snacking etc..

I'm not really sure how much weight I want to lose? I feel like if 200lbs makes me feel healthy and I feel fit then that is fantastic, if it's 220 still don't care. I know I just want to live for a long long time and be as healthy as I possible can be for my lovely family and as much as I'd love to weigh 150lb I don't want the pressure of that number so I'm going to try and be kind to myself and do it at my own pace.

I'd love some new friends so feel free to add me? Never done anything like this with the added support of online friends so scary as it is, I thought I'd put myself out here.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @JayRaeUK --Welcome to the thread! I find the support and accountability here so helpful--I hope you do too!

Sunday Share:
    For those who are new, I'm Karen from Chicago (though I now reside in the suburbs). I'm married and teach HS English Lit (11th and 12th grade), and next school year, I will be picking up a new 12th grade elective called Media and Film which should be interesting. Probably less motivated students (compared to my lit classes which are all honors and AP level), but on the plus side it should be much lighter on grading. I'm a little nervous b/c since glancing over the curriculum a month ago, I've done nothing to prepare. Right now I'm focused on re-reading The Handmaid's Tale which a colleague and I just adopted for our 11th grade honors course. Once I'm done with that, I will schedule a few "work days" to plow through some of the Media and Film stuff and start planning my calendar.

Aside from reading, which is a passion of mine, I also enjoy doing outdoorsy stuff--hiking is probably my favorite activity though there's not much opportunity for it near my home. Instead, I go on a lot of walks with my dog, Gunner.He's a 12 y/o Boxer/Shepherd mix and the love of my life (shhh! don't tell my husband! LOL). 08rto8l8rn9i.jpg

I also enjoy running--mostly 5k distance, though I haven't done one in quite awhile. TBH, I have been pretty inconsistent with my running--it's hard to maintain a regular running schedule during the school year--so I'm now starting back at 2 mile runs and plan to work my way back up to 5k and an occasional 8k. If I can get back to 5 miles by the end of the summer, I will be thrilled.

Is there a challenge focus for this week??

6/24- 6/30 challenge focus

June 8- 197.8
    June 15-200.2
    June 23- 198.2
    June 30-

• kbeyer23
    kbeyer23 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    @skinnyjeanzbound The challenge focus for this week is to increase your steps (or if you don't track steps, up your movement in whatever way works for you.)
  • kbeyer23
    Options
    Hi everyone! Hope you all had a nice weekend. Here are the numbers I have going so far-
    vq650dbx6kxm.jpg
    I have two lists of people- the first is people who are participating in the challenge:
    @kbeyer23 @arschrock @DebCountsAll @happygirlxxx @SammyKlingler @moodybear2003 @skinnyjeanzbound @EmergencyGraphics @thelifeilove1 @sweeetypie1 @natshaw19 @_Shelly_Belly_ @jogetsgains @MommaBear712 @jkaczke5811
    If I missed you (sorry!) or if you changed your mind, let me know!

The second is check-ins I have so far for the week ending in the 6/23 weigh in. Those who HAVE checked in are: myself, @DebCountsAll @moodybear2003 @skinnyjeanzbound @_Shelly_Belly_ @MommaBear712

Ok, so obviously summer is a busy time and not everyone is able to check weekly, so that definitely affects our overall percentage- BUT no worries- everyone should just keep on doing their best and checking in when/where possible. I'm hoping after all is said and done we are going to be BLOWN AWAY by what we have cumulatively accomplished! We have currently lost 10% of our goal. 30lbs is not too shabby!

Again, for the week of 6/24, we are working on Steps/Moving More.
  • kbeyer23
    Options
    We are heading out on our biggest camping adventure to date this Thursday! I am excited and trepidatious at the same time. My youngest is 4.5 and as of yet, we've kept our travel distances to 6 or so hours and a max of a week. This time we are traveling down to Tennessee from Michigan and going to be gone 11 days! Needless to say it's a lot of logistics for me and this next few days are going to be crazy busy for me in preparation. Travel/vacation is always tricky staying "on plan" and we always look forward to foods we don't normally get but on special occasions (yes, you can be a mostly healthy eater and still get fat, LOL). Anyways, my overall plan is to stay as active as possible, track what I can (not sure if I'll have service, but I'll have my scale). I don't want to seem anal about it, I just don't want to let myself go and have a hard time getting back on the bandwagon when we return. 11 days is a long time to be able to sabotage myself, if that makes sense to anyone else. What I previously have done when I was in Florida this spring dealing with a death is that I asked someone I trusted (not my husband) to check in with me and encourage me to get back on track once I returned. Just knowing she was going to ask was all the accountability I needed, actually. So I plan to do that again.

Which brings me to the fact that I won't have stats for you all next week cause I won't have my computer and spreadsheet.
  • jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    @kbeyer23 i will only weigh once a month, thanks for asking. If you want to leave me out of the chart that is ok. I don't want to throw off your numbers
  • DebCountsAll
    Options
    @kbeyer23 i will only weigh once a month, thanks for asking. If you want to leave me out of the chart that is ok. I don't want to throw off your numbers

I don't think you'll throw off the numbers. Weigh when you wish.
  • trinati2001
    Options
    I have no idea what happened yesterday...but I got home in the afternoon noon (to work from home because I needed to drop my sister off at BART) and the flood gates opened. We had an OLD bag of Doritos in the pantry which I weighed out and was going to track. They just didn't seem to stop the craving which led to an hour of non stop eating.

So here is my goal! Track the cr@p that goes into my mouth. If I was tracking I would have stopped way earlier and would have eating that .7 lbs that I gained this morning!

Anyone else have bindges that seem to be caused by nothing? What do you do to pull yourself out of it before you do too much damage?
  • DebCountsAll
    Options
    I have no idea what happened yesterday...but I got home in the afternoon noon (to work from home because I needed to drop my sister off at BART) and the flood gates opened. We had an OLD bag of Doritos in the pantry which I weighed out and was going to track. They just didn't seem to stop the craving which led to an hour of non stop eating.

So here is my goal! Track the cr@p that goes into my mouth. If I was tracking I would have stopped way earlier and would have eating that .7 lbs that I gained this morning!

Anyone else have bindges that seem to be caused by nothing? What do you do to pull yourself out of it before you do too much damage?

Hey, you live in my area!

My go-to is something with a lot of fat. Think avocado, or cream cheese. The reason I went this way was another thread where weigh ins are daily, and a lot of the participants are doing keto. One of them suggested something called a "fat bomb." What the heck is that?? I googled and found a couple recipes, one for salmon/cream cheese and everything bagel topping, and another sweet one. That got me thinking that if I start in on things that are carbs, I'll eat way more than I should. The fat is satisfying.

Also, if I am hungry, I eat my next scheduled meal, and drink four cups of water. That helps tremendously.

I finally got my husband to quit buying things he knows I like. Though lately he's been bringing home doughnuts and to be honest the thought of all that sugar makes me sick. They don't tempt me. That's life with a skinny man. :joy:
  • deputyderp
    deputyderp Posts: 10 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hi! Longtime lurker here. I'm late to the summer slimdown but want to jump in! :relaxed:

Name: Dallas
    Height: 6'0"
    Highest Weight: 353 (Feb 2017)
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 313.3
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 287

6/15- 6/22 focus: Move More! How I did: :smiley:

6/22- 6/29 focus: Eat more fruits and veggies! How I did- :smiley: or :neutral: or :frowning:

June 8- 312.8
    June 15- 306.6
    June 22-305.9
    June 29-

I've begun to walk every day after work, even if I don't feel like it, for at least 30 minutes.