Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    I don’t know if I can call myself young anymore lol. Turned 36 today

:angry:

Oh brother!

I turned 70. I lost 195# over the past five years on WW. Now weigh 180, less than in high school.Do aqua aerobics and swim. I swam 1/2 mile and one hour water aerobics class today.
    My friend Bill is 88, he does aqua aerobics 3X, just joined WW and has lost 9 pounds so far.
    Pauline is my aqua aerobics instructor, she is an artist, plays bridge, hires others to do their taxes, throws clay pots and SHE IS 93 yo!

36? 36! 36 :wink:

Age is a number.
    kam26001 wrote: »
    36 is fine. 40... now that's the one I'm dreading. I honestly expect to turn into sand. Anyway, Happy Birthday. #4MoreYears
    striderb wrote: »
    36 is young to me but I’m 64.

giphy.gif
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    I don’t know if I can call myself young anymore lol. Turned 36 today
    I look younger now than when I was 26. The power of healthy eating and exercise

I'd looked like I was in my late 30s in the worst possible way of looking 30s when I was in my late teens for having lived a fast and too adult paced life and all the stresses which came with it, so any grace that I get now and since - are blessings I'm very thankful for. Since returning to being health-conscious and fit-fabulous, living a quality life conflict-free has vastly benefitted me. Yes - at times I'll deny myself the rest I need, sacrificing my serenity for friends mostly, but all in all - a good life.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    Young
  • mybassfishingirl
    mybassfishingirl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Compared to 60, your a teenie bopper...
    Happy birthday..
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    It is not old considering the average lifespan is probably 70-80 years these days. If most people died at age 46 then 36 could be old. 36 seems old to someone younger than 18 years.

I'm 44 years and I do not think someone in their 30's or 40's is old.
  • itwentthere
    itwentthere Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    It is not old considering the average lifespan is probably 70-80 years these days. If most people died at age 46 then 36 could be old. 36 seems old to someone younger than 18 years.

They call that living in denial
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    As someone who is 55 weeks away from getting her AARP card, I am going to say 36 is young.
  • amybethjack
    amybethjack Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    When I was a child 36 was ancient. The older I get the younger everyone seems. Now 36 is the age of someone who has finally reached an age where she is mature enough to know what she wants in life and smart enough to know how to get it. You are finally a member of the adults who can enjoy all that life has to offer without all the angst that comes from being in the teens and twenties.
  • LaDispute57
    LaDispute57 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    It's young. I am 60. Not that I would ever want to be 36 again... Lol
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    It's young. I am 60. Not that I would ever want to be 36 again... Lol

You're 60?! :grin: wow, times been kind Mr.
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    You are still a youngster. Think young, be young and happy.
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options
    I'm over 36... I certainly don't feel young
  • LaDispute57
    Options
    You are still a youngster. Think young, be young and happy.

Thank you... Lol
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    I'm over 36... I certainly don't feel young

Stop you are young
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    I had a 89 year old tell me we would be good together today so who knows anymore
  • LaDispute57
    Options
    Oops.. I meant that for @81Katz
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »

They call that living in denial

Which part is living in denial and who is they?
    Thinking the average lifespan is 70-80 years old so 36 is not old?
    Thinking 36 seems old to people under 18 years?
    Being 44 and not thinking that is old yet?

I think reaching the age I have my perspective on what old age is has changed. When I was a kid people went to school, graduated, got married, got a job, bought a house, stayed at the same job, sent their kids off to college, had grandk8ds, retired, got old, died. I see people living with their parents longer, going to college earlier or later, getting married later, having kids later, changing careers more, retiring later. I see very active and engaged 50-60 year olds. They might be raising kids still where in the past they were done with that life stage by that age. 30-40 just doesn't seem that old anymore. I don't think that is denial.