toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    EccoNC wrote: »
    I may as well try it out.
    Just for today,
    No fast food
    Log my food
    Try to drink more water

Welcome! You have some very good JFT's there...keep them in mind for the day, and get back here tomorrow and let us know how you did!

Peace and joy
  • monstersweetsbyallison
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smiley:
    - Stick to food plan :smile:
    - 3 bottles water :/ Only two. Got to make more effort with this
    - No alcohol :smile: Even though boyfriend tried to persuade me to have some
    - 30+ mins lunch break :smile:
    - French podcast, article, Duolingo, book :neutral: Forgot that was going for lunch with colleague and wouldn't be able to do anything then. So 2/4
    - Stop working at 6pm :smile:

Today's commitments:

June 10: "I'm on holiday" = chocolate :s
    June 11: Stress = gin, no food :neutral:
    June 12: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 13: 'celebratory' mood + pub + burger/ ice cream :s
    June 14: No emotional eating :smiley:
    June 15: Greed rather than emotions.. :neutral:
    June 16: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 17: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 18: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 19: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 20: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 21: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 22: Greed rather than emotions... :neutral:
    June 23: "F&ck it mood" - pub food/drink :/
    June 24: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 25: Grumpy, overworked - two gins :/
    June 26: Black mood but reined myself in, had moderate indulgence and then stopped :smile:
    June 27: No emotional eating :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - 4 bottles water
    - No alcohol

- 45 mins lunch break
    - French podcast, article, Duolingo, book
    - Stop work at 6pm
    - Focus and be productive (not like yesterday...)

You do so good at not emotional eating! How do you do it, do you have a tip or advice on how to control emotional eating?

By the way, good luck on your race with a coworker! It sounds like fun!!

I read the Beck Diet Solution and it really helped me with this. There are lots of different tips in it but the main ones that have helped are:
    - Planning your eating for the day beforehand and then strictly not deviating it, at all, for any reason. I am able to do this quite a lot of the time, though obviously slip sometimes!
    - There is a chapter in the book about how to overcome emotional eating - I can't remember exactly what it said but I wrote a little card for myself afterwards which has written on it "Eating something tasty might cheer me up temporarily but it won't fix the problem or help me meet my goals. I need to do something else to cheer me up e.g. take a bath, watch Friends". I've read that fairly regularly over the last six months and think it might have actually gone in...? A lot of my stress is work related so I also often tell myself that breaking my diet is letting the b*stards win...
    - Kind of linked to the first one, I basically have a policy now 'I don't snack at work'. It's like a rule. This has worked really well in terms of emotional eating as most of the time my negative moods are linked to work and there are lots of snacks in the office! So if I have a rule that I don't* eat them, that reduces the number of occasions on which I'll emotion eat. It still happens sometimes, I cheat this by deciding to go out for dinner and eating fatty foods :-)

* Note that I use the word 'don't' not 'can't'. I think 'don't' is more motivational as 'can't' implies that you would if something weren't stopping you, like your diet, whereas 'don't' is just a lifestyle choice. I am not a person that snacks (I am a person that goes to the pub and eats a massive burger, but not a person that snacks...)

Hope that helps in some way! I would recommend the Beck Diet Solution, it's a really helpful book and has helped me a lot.

Yes!! Thank you that helps a lot! I know the little card will help me and I am going to look at the book. I've seen a lot of people mention they use it here on JFT. Planning my meals or day of eating would really help me too. I definitely have some great tools now to use in addition to our June challenge. Thanks for that! "I don't" is so much more empowering than "I can't", I like that ;)
  • monstersweetsbyallison
    Options
    I want to keep replying to you guys because I read what you write and want to respond with support, but I'm going to bed now. Will reply more later! Here's some JFT goals...
    June 27th JFT
    Stay in the green :)
    Go to dance class :)
    Go for a walk :)
    Write down my 6 month goals :)
    ***My 6 months goals are to (1) lose at least 10 lbs by logging calories to stay in the green and exercise 5 times a week, (2) shave 1 minute off my mile time by practicing my mile run (which is much more a SLOW jog than running), and (3) be able to run 5 miles by building up to it.***
    June 28th JFT
    Stay in the green
    Go to dance class
    Go for a run
    Do my laundry
    Work on my emotional eating
    Do some accounting work for the farm

I think those are fabulous six month goals! I need to grab a pen and start a list of my own.

Thank you! I'm appreciative of your support <3 & grateful @toaljasa posted this really great idea of realizing we are half ways through the year and making goals for the remaining time. I even got my husband to do it lol. It was fun hearing his 6 month goals :blush:
  • monstersweetsbyallison
    Options
    EccoNC wrote: »
    I may as well try it out.
    Just for today,
    No fast food
    Log my food
    Try to drink more water

Those are great goals :)
  • monstersweetsbyallison
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    I want to keep replying to you guys because I read what you write and want to respond with support, but I'm going to bed now. Will reply more later! Here's some JFT goals...
    June 27th JFT
    Stay in the green :)
    Go to dance class :)
    Go for a walk :)
    Write down my 6 month goals :)
    ***My 6 months goals are to (1) lose at least 10 lbs by logging calories to stay in the green and exercise 5 times a week, (2) shave 1 minute off my mile time by practicing my mile run (which is much more a SLOW jog than running), and (3) be able to run 5 miles by building up to it.***
    June 28th JFT
    Stay in the green
    Go to dance class
    Go for a run
    Do my laundry
    Work on my emotional eating
    Do some accounting work for the farm

woo! Those are some great goals and I like the plan to get to them. The logging has helped me a lot---especially when I pre-log. I may have to modify it during the day but it gives me a good guideline and it keeps me mindful.

I'm going to try it, in fact I will pre log starting today. Even if plans change, I will be okay with it but I think I can stick to it...just for today
  • monstersweetsbyallison
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    My god it’s so hot today, my poor 2 year old has just had to walk 90 minutes in 29C heat to collect the eldest from nursery because I think her dads phone has ran out of battery, didn’t know if he could collect her so I went but by quarter past 3 he hadn’t got there so it was a good thing I did leave when I did!

Glad you went for such a good walk but sorry it had to be so hot for you guys! I hope it cools down for you
  • monstersweetsbyallison
    Options
    Next week's work deadline & short work week (Independence Day from you Brits :wink: ) has me pushing at work, plus still have email backlog from vacation last week. Not to mention all the to-do stuff at home! Such a busy summer so far. :D Eventually I'll catch up with JFT, but for now...

Recap W 6/27
    1) Walked dog before work / 3.53 mi 1:00:30 / stretched after = happy dog B) & happy me B)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 15,355 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 (boom!) & 42 floors :smiley:
    3) Know meals & snacks today / prelog as much as possible / net calories green / monitor usual = Net calories -299 hahaha, sodium red >1,000 oops, sugar -29 (fruit, veggies & yogurt), fiber & protein excellent & 12c water. :p Daily w-i Th is good though!
    4) Workday: keep focused on current project :smiley: good progress then end of day figured out only had odd number pages in one key report provided in pdf format ~ argh! :# / keep emails current :smiley: / post-seminar EMT tasks :smiley:
    5) Evening: concert at city park :smile: so tired almost dozed off in my chair! / brew tea :smiley: another big container of iced tea unsweet ready / prep kohrabi for snacks :smile: Th only prepped / maybe time to wash dishes? :smiley: all but some baking dishes & storage containers before concert!
    6) UNPLUG 9:00 :neutral: 9:15 emails for F w/ BFF and complete MFP diary / FLOSS :D yay! / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 :/ maybe 10:30? watched High Society ~ love that movie

JFT R 6/28 ~ Rest day & alarm 6:30 vs. 5:30
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged for day / stick w/ plan / net calories w/i 100 green
    3) Complete progressive logs testing + more? Keep current w/ work emails ~ don't let backlog get bigger
    4) Evening: make turkey ole / laundry / at least 2-3 to-do's
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 / FLOSS / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 (walk dog before work F)

Totally by fluke, came across an article on the effects of lack of sleep on the body... one of the effects is a craving for junk food! Aha moment! In my case, sugar too. Good to know.

I enjoy reading your JFT! So inspiring :)
  • monstersweetsbyallison
    Options
    Here in the US we are preparing to celebrate the Fourth of July. I want to encourage all of us to start planning now. If you are cooking part or all of it, plan a menu that will help you be a success and not sabotage your journey. Fresh fruit, pasta salads without mayo, grilled chicken, La Croix instead of pop, lighter calorie alcoholic drinks, etc.

My goal is moderation instead of saying no no no, and then cave and eat the whole bag of cookies.

Some of you may remember an article from a young friend of mine who is pregnant? Anyway, here is another one that she and her husband posted on their FB. If you want to follow them (they'd be thrilled) it's called GEM training. There's never any pressure to join their online personal training. Hunter and Tatum are their names.

Not all concepts work for all people, but I do like what they have to say about "cheat days"

We see cheat meals glorified all over social media, but do they ACTUALLY make sense? Is it REALLY healthy? 🤔

Our perspective? No, they’re not . And there’s many reasons why. But let us begin in saying that a HEALTHY relationship with food is one you never want to cheat on. In an ideal world, we should eat mostly nutritious, wholesome foods, exercise portion control, and enjoy fun foods in moderation. However- most people don’t know how to achieve that 😢

The answer does NOT lie in a cheat meal. Why? Well- the name alone tells you that you “cheated”...which usually leads to feelings of guilt. Folks, you should NEVER feel guilty about food- period

Also, cheat meals do nothing to teach the skills of moderation. Instead, it teaches you to binge and try to make it look sexy by justifying it as your “cheat”.

Not only that, but most cheat meals oftentimes turn into cheat WEEKENDS! And yes folks, you can undo all your fat loss efforts throughout the week by large episodes of overindulgence on the weekends 😬

Ditch the cheat meal mentality! And the thought that “bad” foods make you “bad” for eating them. Don’t give food that kind of power over your mind. Incorporate your favorite foods in moderate amounts throughout the week. You may slip up and have a few too many cookies along the way- but moderation is a skill that takes time to develop. Stick with it, and eventually you’ll be satisfied with just one cookie instead of the whole batch

Create a relationship with food you never have to cheat on 🤗

Wow, that is important information for someone like me. Thank you so much for sharing <3
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    *sigh* been winding Casey for ages, she’s holding onto the burp like it’s made of gold.

Wonder how many calories I’m burning from rubbing her back lol!!
  • mepeiffer
    mepeiffer Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    OHHHH 5 pages behind in posts How do you guys do it!!!! Now 6 behind

@pakerfaningb

@pakerfaningb – I’m with you on the sleep thing I got two hours last night and 3 the night before and then 4 prior to that. Good luck on your retakes.

@hgsmith0920 good job, love your emojis on your goals. Wish I could get DH to walk it would be prefect.

@slittlemeister Wow great evening and great job on no ben and jerry’s. Really like how you list your goals by the day. Wish I could think that far ahead

@bex953172 make putting the laundry away a game or exercise put on some tunes and go to town. I fold one piece and then walk to where it needs to be put away and then back for the next. Sorry? “Tbh”??? I will message you on $$$

My does my back end hurt from lower back all the way down to my calves. I know it is from the intense workout from the past two days and also trying to get as much exercise in as possible. I may have to give up try to post and read it all just do not have time right now. I will post each morning hopefully and then goals at night if time permits I know being on here has boosted my thought process And energy thank you all !!!

Keep on Keeping On!!!

218.1/218.3/195/135
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @mepeiffer
    Can’t remember what comment it was but if I’ve written “tbh” it means “to be honest” lol x
  • mepeiffer
    mepeiffer Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    @snowflake1968 I am lucky kind of I work from home so no take out for me to see on the way home. But fridge and pantry handy. :neutral:

@abj1014 interesting I have heard of the intermittent fasting but not checked too much into it. Thanks of the good vibes on making extra cash.

@toaljasa love love love it thank you for ”I Am Wonderfully Made!” Here is mine I am able to lose this weight and get healthier in the process –spirit, mind, and body. I am a great friend and pray warrior. Too far behind to add it to the list but will catch up soon I hope.

@faebert thanks for the heads up and insight will be here for the July challenge if there is one.

@bex953172 salad looks amazing

Keep on Keeping On!!!
    218.1/218.3/195/135
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Argh terrible day today! Tiredness finally caught up with me and I tried to smother it with sugar (never works!). Haven’t finished my day yet as have to clear the kitchen post cake decorating and then go and sort my bedroom as will have three 9 year olds having their sleepover in there tomorrow night while I crash on the sofa. Bit cross with myself but as we keep saying - one blip is nothing in the big scheme of things.

Thursday goals
    - start cake ✅
    - Morning workout while cake bakes ✅
    - April challenge ✅
    - May challenge ✅
    - June challenge
    - Email J, F’s Mum, speak to P Re Year 6 lunch, reply to J’s mum ✅
    - b parents after school ✅
    - Leave work on time ✅
    - Finish cake ✅
    - Get rooms ready for daughter’s sleepover Friday night
    - Sleep at some point...

Cake looks ok though...will post tomorrow’s goals later x

naip45xlxzpe.jpeg
  • monstersweetsbyallison
    Options
    @mepeiffer Hope your back and legs feel better <3 Congrats on working out so hard!! Enjoyed reading your addition to the lovely list :)

@Faebert Good luck with the sleepover and oh my that cake is absolutely beautiful XO great job on your JFT goals
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Argh terrible day today! Tiredness finally caught up with me and I tried to smother it with sugar (never works!). Haven’t finished my day yet as have to clear the kitchen post cake decorating and then go and sort my bedroom as will have three 9 year olds having their sleepover in there tomorrow night while I crash on the sofa. Bit cross with myself but as we keep saying - one blip is nothing in the big scheme of things.

Thursday goals
    - start cake ✅
    - April challenge ✅
    - May challenge ✅
    - June challenge
    - Leave work on time ✅
    - Finish cake ✅
    - Sleep at some point...

naip45xlxzpe.jpeg

That cake looks so yummy!!!

@AJB1014 Don’t punch this one 😂
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Goals for Thursday Recap!

- Nursery wall x2 ✅
    - 8+ glasses of water✅
    - Be in the green✅
    - Limit biscuits and treats to balance out yesterday✅
    - Get the washing away❌ seriously why is this so hard, it’s been in piles around the house for a week!!!
    - pick up medication from pharmacy✅

Overall good day!
    Pretty tired now so glad I didn’t put exercise on my goals lol! Did enough walking I reckon!

Night everyone! Postinggoals in the morning as usual!
    😴

• Bex953172
    Options
    *sigh* gotta sit downstairs for a bit.. partners just eating some garlic bread and that’s like.. my kryptonite!

Water water water!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »

Thursday goals
    - start cake ✅
    - April challenge ✅
    - May challenge ✅
    - June challenge
    - Leave work on time ✅
    - Finish cake ✅
    - Sleep at some point...

naip45xlxzpe.jpeg

That's a lovely looking cake. Just beautiful. I really like the colors.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options

It sounds to me like you've done all you can. So now it's out of your hands. Just as a reminder (I know you know this) worrying, fretting, fearfulness will not change whether you get the job or not. Nor will it bring you joy (I've never heard someone say, "Worrying brings me such happiness, lol) So, do some things around the house (windex windows, light fixtures, dust the baseboards, clean out underneath the sinks...) to get you distracted, to do something purposeful, and to get you tired out by bed time! You can do this!

Stress, anger, looking for peace and tranquility- clean! That’s my motto, it always makes me feel better. I have to tell this little story, my youngest daughter is just like me cleaning is calming for her. My oldest the Mother of my grands is just the opposite. She feels she’ll “never live up to my standards” (her words not mine) and it causes her great anxiety. When Michaela my granddaughter was just learning to walk she was told no one day. She immediately started rearranging furniture and putting dishes in her little cupboard set. I think she’ll find cleaning very relaxing.

This actually helped me a great deal. I am not a naturally clean person, so I carefully schedule myself to take care of the house so it doesn't fall to pieces around me without me noticing. ;) But yesterday I had all this nervous energy so I organized and straightened all the little things that had fallen out of place since Sunday and went through my mail and updated my filing system and scrubbed the sink and now the place sparkles and I feel like I have so much CONTROL. It's really nice!

That’s awesome and you burned some calories instead of eating them!