Ask a real man....

Options

Replies

• mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    Is it bad to meet up with an ex for dinner and drinks if one of them has a SO?

There is a reason they are an ex. Unless you are exchanging kids, no reason to ever see them again.

No kids. Hmmm. I see.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options

Only if they're hiding it from their SO and you intend to do more than just have dinner

Well he if he says he'll be on his best behavior? And who knows if hes hiding anything.

guys who text, "i'll be on my best behaviour" make me think he's saying, "I want to flirt with you but I'm gonna be cute about it," but I am a bit of a pessimist lol

Thats the feeling i got. And it wasnt but a couple weeks ago he drunk texted he missed me.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options

Only if they're hiding it from their SO and you intend to do more than just have dinner

Well he if he says he'll be on his best behavior? And who knows if hes hiding anything.

guys who text, "i'll be on my best behaviour" make me think he's saying, "I want to flirt with you but I'm gonna be cute about it," but I am a bit of a pessimist lol

Thats the feeling i got. And it wasnt but a couple weeks ago he drunk texted he missed me.

tenor.gif[img][/img]
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options

tenor.gif[img][/img]

Lol. He's always been such a gentleman so im thinking surely im reading too far into this.
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options

tenor.gif[img][/img]

Lol. He's always been such a gentleman so im thinking surely im reading too far into this.

I suppose it's possible that he's wanting you to say yes to having dinner with him because he wants to see what he feels when he spends time with you again

Some of us really can be on our best behavior...

i0coydv60ibg.jpeg
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options

Maybe, maybe not. Better to decide now if its even worth opening that can of worms. It will just get harder to close later.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options

You know the answer love, not worth it
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    I have things to say but I am drinking (still celebrating) so it will wait
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    How do I know you are not a fake man?
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    How do I know you are not a fake man?

Look at how you treat people

Also if you have a circuit board you might be a fake man
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    I have things to say but I am drinking (still celebrating) so it will wait

Happy birthday! :flowerforyou: :smooched:
  • No_Name14
    No_Name14 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    When you clean your ears out with Q-tips, does it make you cough?
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    No_Name14 wrote: »
    When you clean your ears out with Q-tips, does it make you cough?

Nope
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    Captain Fantastic said the following: "Hi I am a real man. I love my mom. I work hard for my kids. I respect women. Ask me questions." The above is a given, all men should being doing this. You didn't say you love your wife so, I take it you're divorced and you do the best for your kids, as all fathers should already be doing. Real men are dying off this planet and its the way this world is going. Men used to have a code of honor and duty. They treated women with respect like holding doors, taking their hat off in their presence, tipping their hat when approached by one, letting them go first, walking on the outside of the sidewalk to protect the lady their with, never spoke an unkind word especially swearing in their presence, etc. Now days, its a lot of texting communication, dry, non-verb, not face to face so you can "hide" behind the cell phone. I've seen grown men spend hours on video games instead of interacting with the family. Real men are dying off and women are learning to accept this is how it is. Women that I know don't want to be cared by a man, but want to be equal, independent, "you can't tell me what I can do" attitude. Real men, where are they? Look at the way men dress now. Doctors dress too casual, business men have no suit or ties, even sneakers, really? Heck, men going to church in T-shirt and shorts like their on vacation. Real men...no, not many left.

Well, to do all those things is seen as archaic.. And, as you stated, the culture has told us that women don't want our help. That may be true, but it's sad to me that simple courtesy and being a gentleman is seen as somehow condescending, when it's actually rooted in respect. . So, with that shift in thinking, it's no wonder that the younger generation has abandoned those gestures. I, for one, have done my best to resist this trend and will continue to do all those things, regardless of what society says (when I remember). .Oh, and I also love my mom.

I dont think showing respect and simple courtesy is considered condesending. Its called being a basic good human being. And thats not based on gender roles. I think this is whats being lost...kids are being taught the world revolves around them...so please and thank you are forgein concepts because its an entitlement generation. Ok maybe i went a smidge off topic...
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Alright. He’s legit everyone.

d7pludxzvzzj.gif

"too legit to quit"

799m1w1qzuey.gif

I got you, fam

It's even better that it's from Hot Rod.
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options
    How do you feel about picking up personal hygiene products for your women?

That’s pretty much a no brainer...as long as it’s not a vague description of what’s needed...it has to be pretty much spelled out...with no room for interpretation. There is a lot of room for error, here...so help us help you.

I text a picture no room for mistakes! :D:D:D but the complaints!!!!
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,720 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Do real men actually eat whole fruits? I can't recall seeing a dude eat a whole apple, peel and eat an orange or banana, etc. What about berries? or grapes?