No carb diet

Options
2»

Replies

• tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    eminater wrote: »
    Hmmm ... this was my afternoon snack ...
    69fp9ztblscr.jpeg
    Hang on, wait ... that's a giant bowl of carbs! Ahhh, sorry!

That would go great with some bacon bits!
  • sebastiao_teresa
    sebastiao_teresa Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    We all should have carbs . They are essential for muscles . The key Is what carbs to choose and which fat to choose .
  • cheenafl
    cheenafl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! Just found this :) I’m glad I did because I am also a carnivore! You mentioned something about a carnivore group here on MFP? I also follow Shawn Baker!
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Misty_1375 wrote: »
    Everything has carbs. You just need to decipher good/bad carbs

Meat and pure fats/oils don't have carbs... And there's no such thing as good or bad carbs.
  • premiumhoney
    premiumhoney Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Kinda hard to do no carb but low carb is very possible. Even veggies and fruits are loaded with carbs so unless you’re going Keto it’s not possible with a regular diet
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Did OP ever come back?!
  • DragonHasTheSapphire
    DragonHasTheSapphire Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    VUA21 wrote: »
    toxikon wrote: »
    Misty_1375 wrote: »
    Everything has carbs. You just need to decipher good/bad carbs

Meat and pure fats/oils don't have carbs... And there's no such thing as good or bad carbs.

Good carbs are carbs that taste good to me: like Cookie Crisp cereal.
    Bad carbs are things I don't like: like sweet potatoes and quinoa (aka bird seed).

Lol I love quinoa XD, but it does taste pretty awful without seasoning.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Carbohydrates are essential to our health because of the basic energy source that they provide. Carbs are especially important for those who are bodybuilding because they provide a source of energy to burn while you are working out. Now if you are more of a cardio person or enjoy endurance training, cutting out most carbs (low carb) and increasing your daily fat intake (a keto diet) would allow your body to go into ketosis which allows the body to use fat as an energy source instead of carbs, which you may be interested in.

As much as I love carbs, you're wrong with carbs being essential. The body can survive without it, I do agree with you that it helps you thrive more when it comes to physical activities, but they are by no mean essential for living.
  • BlessedMom70
    BlessedMom70 Posts: 124 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I haven't done a no carb diet (is that possible?), but I did do low carb when I was told last summer that I was pre-diabetic. I was able to lower my A1C into the normal range again by consuming on average, 100-120 carbs a day. I continue to keep an eye on my carbs, trying not to go above 150/day.