How much carbs do you consume in a day?

Options

Replies

• xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    It varies but due to my PCOS and eating a higher protein and fat diet I normally eat around 80-120g of carbs a day. Occasionally I go lower or higher. I find that one day of high carbs is fine for me but after a few days I feel sluggish.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,517 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Less than 50g per day normally. Yesterday I had a very hungry day and actually ate all of my exercise calories and ended up coming in at 69g carbs with 31 of those being fiber, but that is an exceptionally high day for me.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    To lose, 100-300g
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I average around 200g, though the day-to-day range is usually about 150-250g. I am in a re-comp (maintenance calories) so I'm sure it was a little less when I was losing, but not much, my workouts suffer when my carbs are too low.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    At first I was at 100g net carbs, now I probably average closer to 150. I have to stay on the low side for health reasons. I also get them all from fruits, vegetables, and a little honey in my tea.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    I eat a low carb diet so not many. Most days my carbs only come from green vegetables so it's pretty low, 10g - 20g. Other days my meals include fruit, beans, nuts or something starchy and then it's higher, 30g - 50g.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Between 150-250 grams, typically.
  • snemberton
    snemberton Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    200-250g a day it looks like from my weekly averages. I love carbs.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from 50g - 300g. As long as I get an adequate amount of protein, I let the carbs and fat balance out where they may.
  • kroe4
    kroe4 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    These weight lifters are blacking me out with their 300g a day lol I'm just working on losing weight and I eat about 60-80 carbs a day.
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I am working on losing weight and lose easily with 200 - 250g of carbs a day.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Averaging around 50g/day currently - "liberal" for "keto".
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I've been averaging about 250 grams a day recently.
  • BNY721
    BNY721 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from 150-250 grams..sometimes more.
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Right around 200 - hasn’t kept me from losing 97 lbs
  • Squishywishy
    Squishywishy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    around 100g. I eat a high protein, low carb/low fat diet for health reasons.
  • onematch
    onematch Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm 'low carb' and average around 100 grams per day. Any lower than that and I want to eat my own arm.
  • allisonlane161
    allisonlane161 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    120-150 g. Protein roughly the same amount.
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    You'll get all the answers in the world here :smile:

For me, consistently between 95-115g per day, weekly average for the last weeks. It really depends on how many calories I can eat for the day. I hit my protein and my fat during the day, with generous amounts of vegetables as a side, and then it's all fun extras for the rest of the carb cals.