Water or Coke? This is crazy! Must read!

Options
Water or Coke? I could not believe this..... Very interesting
WATER #1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. (Likely applies to half the world population) #2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is mistaken for hunger.
#3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as 3%.
#4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.
#5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
#6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
#7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
#8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%., and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer. Are you drinking the amount of water you should drink every day?

COKE
#1. In many states the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.
#2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke and it will be gone in two days.
#3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the 'real thing' sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.
#4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.
#5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.
#6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Apply a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.
#7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.
#8... To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke into the load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION:
#1 the active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. It will dissolve a nail in about four days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase of osteoporosis.
#2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup! (the concentrate) the commercial trucks must use a hazardous Material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.
#3. The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean engines of the trucks for about 20 years!

Now the question is, would you like a glass of water? or Coke?
By: Glycemic index food

Replies

• lonnie26
    lonnie26 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i really like this!!!! my hubby drinks a lot of soda and I will sometimes as well but now I think I will stick to my BFF water :) really enjoyed this :)
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    this is awesome! Thanks for sharing!:drinker: (cups filled with water, of course.)
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    OH
    MY
    GOD!!!!!

I just read this out to my dad in absolute horror!!!!
    I don't drink coke, haven't done for months but I will never ever touch a drop again!
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    So an old wive's tale - the entire list is bogus.

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/acid.asp

That list is so old, and so fake, its got an entry on snopes.com - the site that debunks internet email messages, etc.
  • jocemorg
    jocemorg Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    WHAT! Wow! This is so interesting. Really makes me re-think my diet cokes I usually save for lunch. :(
  • mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    Options

#3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the 'real thing' sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

Sweet. Now I don't have to buy a toilet brush for my new house...
  • liberaltendencies
    liberaltendencies Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Crazy! I love water, but I'm a former Diet Coke addict.
  • lookpretty
    lookpretty Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I go off and on coke zeron, on right now, I have been known to drink half a can and pour the other half in my pan when I finish cooking to get off all cooked on gunk on the p an, works like a charm
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

That list is so old, and so fake, its got an entry on snopes.com - the site that debunks internet email messages, etc.

Maybe the list is an old wive's tale, but it still doesn't make drinking liters of coke a day good for anyone!
  • pnieuw
    Options

Maybe the list is an old wive's tale, but it still doesn't make drinking liters of coke a day good for anyone!

No different than any other food. Everything in moderation. My issue is posting items as fact, with zero references, and a lot of information on the Net, to discredit the list.
  • Kristy144
    Kristy144 Posts: 166
    Options
    Yes, its a given that soda isn't good for anyone, whether the list is an old wives tale or not, it makes me rethink what I put into my body! I rarely drink soda and if I do its diet, but I think I will pass all together! I love water anyways!
  • silveryflutterby
    Options
    So glad I'm not a big pop drinker, but I do have it on rare occasions...now I will NOT. uhhh...dissolves a freaking t-bone....that's CRAZY!!!!
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    Uh...... Water please!!! Not afraid of coke, but it's still not the greatest alternative for good ol water.
  • Kristy144
    Kristy144 Posts: 166
    Options

The Reference is from By: Glycemic Index Food via facebook, you can also google them.
  • pnieuw
    Options
    Yes, its a given that soda isn't good for anyone, whether the list is an old wives tale or not, it makes me rethink what I put into my body! I rarely drink soda and if I do its diet, but I think I will pass all together! I love water anyways!

My problem is your entire message is based on falsehoods, not a single fact. Here's the info about the water claims, too.

http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/8glasses.asp

Coke is fine. Drink an occasional one, and you won't die. There's more acid in your stomach than in a Coke.
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options

No different than any other food. Everything in moderation. My issue is posting items as fact, with zero references, and a lot of information on the Net, to discredit the list.

It's not actually all false. Snopes does say that it can be used for cleaning and such. Did you read the article following the list that actually explains why they say it's false?
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Wow... I had no idea! Luckily, I don't care for Coke because of the after-taste.

Would it be correct to assume that anything with carbination has the same characteristics of Coke?
  • whhs1997
    Options
    wow
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    More proof that people will belive just about anything you tell them :laugh:
    and no drinking a ton of coke is not good for you,but haveing known a few highway patrol they do not carry it around to clean up blood,but OMG OMG its on the internet so it must be true.
    Did you know that the acid in your stomach will eat through carpet?
    Ive also put a meat in coke for a science class 2 weeks later we had soggy rotten meat lol
    But for the love of all that is good stay away from the pop rocks when you drink it because your stomach will explode!!!!!!!