Do you get hit on?

Options

Replies

• rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I can honestly count the number of times I've been hit on in the past 7 years (since I met my husband) on one hand. I'm far from cocky, but I'm not ugly and I've got a decent body, especially with clothes on....

b3laib.jpg
    (No, I don't dress like this daily. It was a country-themed bachelorette party this past weekend.)

But I never get hit on. The girls I'm with get hit on, I see other girls getting hit on. But not me. I'm not exactly heartbroken about it, being married and all, but it does make me wonder what kind of look or vibe I've got going on that causes men to not approach me. In some cases, it''s probably the wedding ring. However, I asked my husband what he thought and he said, "You just look too smart and high maintenance. Guys probably think you're either going to reject them or make them spend all of their money before they can get into your pants." Say whaaa? Haha!

So, do you get hit on a lot? What is there to say about decent-looking girls that don't get creepy guys trying to hit her up in bars?

To be completely honest I barely get hit on when I’m alone only a few times (a lot when on vacation). I only get hit on when I’m with my husband. In my fair point I don’t go out much when I’m not with my husband but I feel like the social aspect in person of everyone is gone. Everyone just compliments everyone online, people are now afraid of rejection.
  • Squishywishy
    Squishywishy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    A hundred pounds ago, I never got hit on. I was pretty much invisible to everyone. Since losing the weight, I've had to adjust to being in public....people talk to you when you're not over weight. They hold the door for you and offer to return your shopping cart. I get better service at restaurants and people are more helpful in stores. People are just generally nicer. And yes, I get hit on way more than I did before...which isn't saying much. I don't know if I am just more comfortable in my own skin now so my vibe has changed and I'm more approachable or if society is really just that crappy to overweight folks.
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    A hundred pounds ago, I never got hit on. I was pretty much invisible to everyone. Since losing the weight, I've had to adjust to being in public....people talk to you when you're not over weight. They hold the door for you and offer to return your shopping cart. I get better service at restaurants and people are more helpful in stores. People are just generally nicer. And yes, I get hit on way more than I did before...which isn't saying much. I don't know if I am just more comfortable in my own skin now so my vibe has changed and I'm more approachable or if society is really just that crappy to overweight folks.

This is definitely correct. When I was heavier never got a second look!
  • dmille2
    dmille2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Not that I know of, but my hair gets some looks.
  • Eddy_Hunt
    Eddy_Hunt Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Yeah but I am an outrageous flirt 😬... At least I'm honest!!
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,843 Member
    Options
    Not recently, but if I do, my dad taught me how to hit back. :|
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    Once in a while
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    Nope. Never.
  • kloet_22
    kloet_22 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Nope
  • SouthernMamaUnderConsruction
    Options
    Possibly 50 lbs ago... But I didn't notice it then either. I would see them look at me but nothing more
  • desg1218
    desg1218 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Egger29 wrote: »
    Nope. Never.

@Egger29 lies.

• desg1218
    Options
    Yes but that's only because I'm the only chick in a place full of mechanics, lol. If I was a young, hot blond I would be dismissed.
  • Hotspur11
    Hotspur11 Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    nope, no one wants an old, balding man!
  • Egger29
    Options
    desg1218 wrote: »
    Nope. Never.

@Egger29 lies.

The biggest forward remarks I've ever gotten in my life have been from Gay Men. (Who knew I was straight so they don't count as a hit On in my book)
  • desg1218
    Options
    Nope. Never.

@Egger29 lies.

The biggest forward remarks I've ever gotten in my life have been from Gay Men. (Who knew I was straight so they don't count as a hit On in my book)
    Nope. Never.

@Egger29 lies.

Maybe chicks are intimidated.
  • Egger29
    Options
    Nope. Never.

@Egger29 lies.

Nope. Never.

@Egger29 lies.

Maybe chicks are intimidated.

Unlikely. I've never been one of the popular ones, either here, there, or in real life.
  • waytoofat3
    waytoofat3 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I don't think so,but I've been told more than once that I'm oblivious to it lol.As I'm focusing most of my energy into whipping myself into shape right now,I'm even more oblivious
  • Fit4Life_79
    Fit4Life_79 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Nope.. I've started noticing people watch me or check me out but I don't get approached.
  • Muscle_for_Fitness
    Muscle_for_Fitness Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    Nope.. I've started noticing people watch me or check me out but I don't get approached.

I'll try to make it less noticable