The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• beard_runner
    beard_runner Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Looking for motivational people to connect with. If your a runner of cyclist feel free to add me
  • Joythro
    Joythro Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Please add me, as we share this common goal to fitter, healthier and a bonus ...leaner self.
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Hello peeps...good morning! Lets have a great Friday!
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Welcome to the Real Deal Friday . enjoy your day and get them workouts in.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    It's Friday!!! I've decided I'm taking my son to do something fun today. Our options are the zoo, museum, beach, there's some indigenous games on nearby. Too many options
  • Alendralouise
    Alendralouise Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I’m 38, I’ve never felt better, and I know the best is yet to come. You’re all amazing. Keep going, you beautiful beings..
  • allisonlane161
    allisonlane161 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday. Decided I'm leaving work at 1 today in an attempt to avoid the crappy shore traffic. Amazing how my schedule on Fridays revolves around who is going on vacation on what roads. Had a good 5k last night but skipped my lifting. Will get that in tonight. Carpe Diem.
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday group, look at all these new faces... this is great, welcome all... feel free to add me. And the new runners... is this a sign? I just started trying to get back into the running game. I did my second 5k this week.... and I feel good.... my hips and knees are a bit tight... I know I need to increase my stretching game.

Have a great weekend all... it's my weekend for the ER, so I'll be saving lives and stomping out disease.

Thought of the day: “We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline, and effort.” — Jesse Owens
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Add me. 46. Decided I want make the next 20 years significant and the best ever.

I’m nearing 45, basically, the same thought process hit me in February.

Intermittent fasting has changed my life. The mental clarity and endurance changes...

Running circles around people in my age bracket. Lost 50ish pounds. Have more to lose, but man! Feel like a teenager during my OMAD periods.

Good luck to ya.

• J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,537 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Moving forward every day. Just closed on a new house, lots to do. Still doing Stronglifts 5x5 with a lot of strength success. Weight has leveled but I'm OK with that for now. Reading through the last few pages there are new and old faces doing great things. Keep it up. Remember, we answer to ourselves, no one else.
  • 11Templars
    11Templars Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Aderlay wrote: »
    Good mornin' fellow middle agers- down another pound. Small and steady now that I've changed things up. My energy level is better, my hunger cravings are much less, I'm feeling better and actually moving backwards on that satan scale.

Have a beautiful weekend all! Always looking for middle ager friends as well- feel free to add.

"Slow and steady" wins the race my friend! You doing it!

The Kitchen (at least for me) is always the hardest part. Enjoy your weekend.
  • ready2change18
    ready2change18 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!! Shoulders and arm done! Let the weekend begin!!😀🍷
  • MomOnAMission76
    MomOnAMission76 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'll be 37 soon and the weight makes me feel older. Looking forward to feeling my age. At least all this face pudge fills out those wrinkles nicely :wink:
  • AliNouveau
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! What's everyone up to for the weekend?

We're hiking to the cabin at Kokanee Glacier on Sat. Lot's of snow up there still, so should be interesting. https://hikebiketravel.com/the-stunning-hike-to-the-kokanee-glacier-cabin/

Random hiking story from "Canada Day weekend" My wife and I are hiking up to what "us" locals call the flag pole. About 10 min to start of trail form my house. Anyways, it's about a 5k one way hike, not crazy, but an elevation gain of about 300 meters. So we get to the top huffing and puffing, sweating buckets, and there's some random older gentleman up there just chilling out. "Mr. Plummer" (w/ two "M's) he told us. He's all like, "ya, we hike up here 3 times a week, even in the winter"..lol Super nice fella, and all the inspiration you could need.

lqrzxmkxi0fz.png
    8ff35h2tk1pf.jpg

Very cool. Is that bc? Clearly it is since I just read kokanee haha
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Weekend plans anyone? We have none. Maybe go to the museum, I might try to skate. Inhave decided I need to see the Dr for my sore shoulder so I'm not sure about skating.

Other than that we will be relaxing csuse the next weekend we travel to Saskatchewan
  • 11Templars
    11Templars Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Happy Friday everyone! What's everyone up to for the weekend?

We're hiking to the cabin at Kokanee Glacier on Sat. Lot's of snow up there still, so should be interesting. https://hikebiketravel.com/the-stunning-hike-to-the-kokanee-glacier-cabin/

Random hiking story from "Canada Day weekend" My wife and I are hiking up to what "us" locals call the flag pole. About 10 min to start of trail form my house. Anyways, it's about a 5k one way hike, not crazy, but an elevation gain of about 300 meters. So we get to the top huffing and puffing, sweating buckets, and there's some random older gentleman up there just chilling out. "Mr. Plummer" (w/ two "M's) he told us. He's all like, "ya, we hike up here 3 times a week, even in the winter"..lol Super nice fella, and all the inspiration you could need.

lqrzxmkxi0fz.png
    8ff35h2tk1pf.jpg

Very cool. Is that bc? Clearly it is since I just read kokanee haha

Yes, I'm in the interior. West Kootenays