When do I switch to a 1/2 lb per week loss please?

Options

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Hi, so day 2 diet break/maintenance is in the books. Man this is really tough for me. First of all I really did not have much for high calorie foods in the house. With my long hike on Sun. I had room for 1600 calories at supper time!

I thought getting some greasy assed Wendy's would help get me near my alottment but I didn't even want much of an indulgence. I do know that I have done a great job finding ways to prevent cravings. I can't believe I ever ate that much food in the past.

This diet break has totally reassured me that when I get to where I want to be, I can sustain healthy eating longterm.

Now I am unclear on how to calculate something and am hoping someone is able to help. When I get to 160 is there a way to know what will my maintenance calories will be? I am 5'3", lightly active, and very poor at math. Thanks.

Just play with MFP. Put your weight in as 160, sedentary to maintain weight and it will spit out a decent number.

I did not want to do that because then my report will show that I dropped to 160, achieved goal, etc. won't it?

No. Just change it on the settings page, don't input it as a weight.

07di27dd3jv2.png
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Hi, so day 2 diet break/maintenance is in the books. Man this is really tough for me. First of all I really did not have much for high calorie foods in the house. With my long hike on Sun. I had room for 1600 calories at supper time!

I thought getting some greasy assed Wendy's would help get me near my alottment but I didn't even want much of an indulgence. I do know that I have done a great job finding ways to prevent cravings. I can't believe I ever ate that much food in the past.

This diet break has totally reassured me that when I get to where I want to be, I can sustain healthy eating longterm.

Now I am unclear on how to calculate something and am hoping someone is able to help. When I get to 160 is there a way to know what will my maintenance calories will be? I am 5'3", lightly active, and very poor at math. Thanks.

Just play with MFP. Put your weight in as 160, sedentary to maintain weight and it will spit out a decent number.

I did not want to do that because then my report will show that I dropped to 160, achieved goal, etc. won't it?

No. Just change it on the settings page, don't input it as a weight.

07di27dd3jv2.png

Oh thanks! I appreciate it. I was unaware you could play around in there.

To maintain at 160 (5'3") I will be given:

Sedentary 1660
    Or
    Lightly Active 1860 calorie allotment.

I like those numbers. Very doable! ☺☺
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    If you have different than standard macro percentages, you will need to reset them after playing around (I should have mentioned that earlier).
  • GOT_Obsessed
    Options
    Nope I don't but thanks.
  • DebTavares
    DebTavares Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Congrats!!
  • mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful---I am 5'4" and am at 178 today and my goal is 160. I am so grateful that you posted and followed up with your results. I looked at my calories for normal BMI at my age and it was 1350, I just can't do that! If I saw you walking in the park I would think "wow-that is exactly how I want to be at my goal!"
    Thank you so much
  • 23susu23
    23susu23 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    j8lzgdc7pebn.jpg

Well I reached my goal today. I feel great both physically and emotionally.

Congrats to you! I also have my goal set for 160 and I am 5'4. Last time I was at that weight, I was very satisfied as was my dr and hubby! That was 10 years ago. I'm down 26 lbs and have 34 to go to make that goal. Who knows, I may try to go lower but I'm older and I don't think I want to eat as little as I would need to to keep that lower weight. We'll see!
  • GOT_Obsessed
    Options
    DebTavares wrote: »
    You look amazing!! Congrats!!

Thanks Deb! How kind of you to say. May you meet all your goals!
  • GOT_Obsessed
    Options
    If I saw you walking in the park I would think "wow-that is exactly how I want to be at my goal!"
    Thank you so much

That is truly the sweetest thing you could have posted. I see so many people my height wanting to get into the 1"teen"s and 120s and I started to wonder if there was something wrong with me being happy about a goal of 160.

You can do it! Best of luck.
  • GOT_Obsessed
    Options
    23susu23 wrote: »
    j8lzgdc7pebn.jpg

Well I reached my goal today. I feel great both physically and emotionally.

Congrats to you! I also have my goal set for 160 and I am 5'4. Last time I was at that weight, I was very satisfied as was my dr and hubby! That was 10 years ago. I'm down 26 lbs and have 34 to go to make that goal. Who knows, I may try to go lower but I'm older and I don't think I want to eat as little as I would need to to keep that lower weight. We'll see!

Thanks! My Dr. was really happy where I was when I saw him a couple of weeks ago. I may try to go lower in the future too but for now I am happy and healthy and going to do this maintenance thing!

You can do it too! Best of luck making it happen.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • GOT_Obsessed
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »
    Great Job!

Thanks! I have been on Cloud 9 all day long.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Better and better!! Awesome progress.

Also, I love that your cat likes to lie in the doorway too :lol: I swear mine are trying to kill me.
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Just throwing this out there, in case it works for you. It's a Quick TDEE calculator that heybales (Mike Bales) put together, and it's been pretty accurate for me. Follow the instructions in the upper right corner for saving it to your own computer, and you can play with your calorie requirements for different goals. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G7FgNzPq3v5WMjDtH0n93LXSMRY_hjmzNTMJb3aZSxM/edit#gid=0

You may get to your goal, be satisfied, and that'll be it for you. Or you may stay at that goal for a few months and want to relieve more pressure on your knee, or you decide to lose a little more because you really enjoy your exercise and you like having a goal. At least that's how it's been for me; I've found exercise apps to do virtual walks to different places around the world on my treadmill, and I love hitting goals, so it motivates me. When else am I going to be able to take a walking tour of Turkey or walk to Mordor? But not everyone is like me. :p
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    PokeyBug wrote: »
    Just throwing this out there, in case it works for you. It's a Quick TDEE calculator that heybales (Mike Bales) put together, and it's been pretty accurate for me. Follow the instructions in the upper right corner for saving it to your own computer, and you can play with your calorie requirements for different goals. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G7FgNzPq3v5WMjDtH0n93LXSMRY_hjmzNTMJb3aZSxM/edit#gid=0

You may get to your goal, be satisfied, and that'll be it for you. Or you may stay at that goal for a few months and want to relieve more pressure on your knee, or you decide to lose a little more because you really enjoy your exercise and you like having a goal. At least that's how it's been for me; I've found exercise apps to do virtual walks to different places around the world on my treadmill, and I love hitting goals, so it motivates me. When else am I going to be able to take a walking tour of Turkey or walk to Mordor? But not everyone is like me. :p

Just want to throw out there that downloading files from random sites isn't safe behavior. Assuming that it is an ad-supported site, you should ask yourself whether the site is being really generous in complete opposition to its financial well-being by letting you have the calculator to use without being to monetize you ... or is something else going on?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,434 Member
    Options
    PokeyBug wrote: »

Just want to throw out there that downloading files from random sites isn't safe behavior. Assuming that it is an ad-supported site, you should ask yourself whether the site is being really generous in complete opposition to its financial well-being by letting you have the calculator to use without being to monetize you ... or is something else going on?

He's a real guy, a regular participant here, very knowledgeable and helpful. I know that's not a sure guarantee of no nefarious deeds (I'm a former IT security person), and caution is sensible, but I think it's less nefarious than your comments might imply.