how much weight have you lost, and in how much time?

Options

Replies

• vikesfanmb
    vikesfanmb Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Since joining MFP in April 2011, I have lost 44 pounds. So . . it does average out to be about 2 pounds per week.
    It really does vary a lot, especially because of higher/lower sodium intake and higher/lower water intake. Plus, I
    had surgery to remove my gall bladder 3 weeks ago and I didn't eat much that week I had it removed.

Since January, I have lost a total of 47 pounds. That was just "on my own" (those 3 extra pounds) after taking a
    nutrition class at the hospital where I work. It was very eye opening but not the main motivator . . MFP has help-
    ed me so, so much! Just logging what I eat every day and exercising 5-6 days a week (I was exercising 0 days
    per week previous to April) has made such a huge difference in my life in general.

Good luck on your journey! :smile:
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    all my info is in my siggy but started May 1st 2011 at 213 pounds and as of last weigh in (last tuesday morning) I`m 185.2
    and I`m 5`5 average build
  • CNParker
    CNParker Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I lose weight in chunks. I lost 3lbs last week now I will probably go a 3 weeks to a month with no scale change. I have lost 17 lbs but I gained 5 back and lost 3 more after. I started healthier living in Feb then went on vacation in June/July and was very naughty. My new goal is to be 110 by Oct 15 for my husbands reenlistment ceremony.
  • reikimastertchr
    Options
    I am 55, started MFP on March 9th 2011...at 204 Pounds... I am now down 62 pounds as of TODAY!!!!

5768506.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • joshiesdad
    Options
    How much have you lost? 92lbs
    How long did it take? Aug 12 was 7 months. (started Jan12 2011
    On average do you lose more than 2lbs a week? sometimes yes and sometimes no. This week was 2.2. last week 4. the week before was 1 something.
  • InspiredByStreisand42
    Options
    How much have you lost? 51lbs :D I'm over half way now!
    How long did it take? 28 weeks tomorrow :)
    On average do you lose more than 2lbs a week? Some weeks I lose nothing, some weeks I lose as much as 4lbs! 51lbs divided by 28 weeks makes an average of 1.85lbs per week though.
  • bflicker11
    bflicker11 Posts: 296
    Options
    How much have you lost? -- 15 lbs
    How long did it take? --3.5 months
    On average do you lose more than 2lbs a week? Not usually

It's been a slow process but I'm okay with that right now.
  • Sprinkie09
    Sprinkie09 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    How much have you lost? 102lbs
    How long did it take? Since April 2010..so about a 1.5yr
    On average do you lose more than 2lbs a week? varies.. some weeks its 1lb, some weeks none, some 2-4lbs.

SINCE starting MFP- bout 2.5mths ago, Im down almost 20lbs. :)
  • annaasun
    annaasun Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I stared this diet on Aug 4 and weighted in at 148lbs. By Aug 10 I was 141lbs. So in one week I lost 7 pounds. To many that seems unhealthy but I gained tons of weight on my three week vacation. At this point i feel like my weight loss has started to slow at more reasonable rate. I have yet to weight myself so see how much ive lost the last five days.
  • pudd1e
    pudd1e Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've set a goal for my birthday (9/18) to be atleast 10lbs lighter (although i'd love to lose 15lbs!) Im trying to be realistic.

How much have you lost?
    How long did it take?
    On average do you lose more than 2lbs a week?

I definitely think you can reach your goal of 10 in one month. 15 might be pushing it, but is doable. I've lost 5.5 pounds since I joined 2 weeks ago, which is an average of just under 3 lbs per week. I haven't done anything miraculous either. I've just switched from regular to diet coke, logged every single calorie I've eaten, stayed below my calorie limit, and played some sports I enjoy a couple times a week. :) You can do it!
  • cmbradfield
    Options
    22.6 lbs in 11 weeks.
  • krisney
    krisney Posts: 56
    Options
    How much have you lost? 88 lbs
    How long did it take? a long time, I lose weight very slowly. About 32 months total. Am almost to goal of 145.
    On average do you lose more than 2lbs a week? I can't remember, it's been so long and I lose SO slowly.
  • incircles_lp2
    incircles_lp2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    50lbs in 3 years. Still working on the last 15lbs and it has taken me so long to lose it but I am very close to my goal weight now.
  • rocket_scientist
    Options
    I started on May 2nd this year and I have lost 54 pounds in that time - (3 1/2 months)
    I still have alot more to lose, It's 54kgs to my healthy weight, I think thats about 120 pounds. Plus I would like to lose another 10kgs after that.
    My average loss would probably be about 1.5kgs, just over 3 lbs a week. I haven't had any gains, but did have a no change in weight week last week.
    I'm 185cms tall and do quite a bit of exercise so the weight seems to come off quite easily plus I have alot to lose.
    I'm hoping to get to my goal by the end of 2012.
  • krevelle65
    krevelle65 Posts: 189
    Options
    Hi
    I have lost 21 lbs in 3.5 months less than 1.5 lbs per week. Mostly my exercise is just walking. I started at 272. I am also 46 years old.

You are doing great, keep going, it's working
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words!
  • Lullabies6
    Lullabies6 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP since the last week of June this year and I've lost 6 lbs so far. It's been slow going, but everyone is different. :)
  • fudgebudget
    fudgebudget Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I've lost 12 pounds in almost exactly 2 months. I wanted to go a little faster, but I'm hoping that losing it slowly will make it easier to keep off!
  • gduso
    gduso Posts: 1
    Options
    How you are all losing so much weight? OMG - you are amazing. I'm on day 21 -- and haven't eaten over my 1200 calories once - and I've lost 2 lbs. That's it. I haven't been working out that much - I work from home for HP - and work has been busy. But, still - 1200 is not many calories. I about to cave. I'm 60 years old by the way. But I have young kids -- who keep me hopping and I want to lose 20 lbs. Bawhahaa. How do I jump start all of this?:grumble:
  • saadler
    saadler Posts: 116
    Options
    I've only lost 15 pounds in about 9 months. I also have had some major ups and downs though, gained some back, lost it again. I don't really exercise like a lot of people here do -- I'm trying to do it on calories and my everyday activities alone. That's probably keeping it slow as well.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!