Options

Replies

• ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    mojo6812 wrote: »
    mojo6812 wrote: »
    donharkrn wrote: »
    I've been doing keto since January. I log daily and wouldn't mind participating.

I wouldn’t mind either 😊

Is there an actual group or just this thread?

There are a couple of well-established groups mentioned up-thread.
  • jor3c
    jor3c Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Mazda_Mx5 wrote: »
    What is everyones carb limit ?
    20 ?

I was sick/couldn't function at work or home at 20carb so upped back to 45/46 (goal 50 or less) to get me started where I could function & figure I'll whittle it down as I go and figure this out better.
    Although I had a very stress full/emotional 3 days past starting Friday & as a BIG stress eater I blew what progress I had made so beginning again today.
  • amybethjack
    amybethjack Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I was craving a chai tea latte so I made my own... Brewed chai tea (6oz h2o, 1 tea bag) and let it seep for a few minutes. Meanwhile I warmed 6 tbsp hwc. Mix them both together with some Truvia and blend to a froth, just like BPC. Somehow this new woe doesn't feel like a diet!
  • timstotz
    timstotz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been on keto for a bit, and am starting Deep State Keto. It was a bummer to cut that steak in half, but I did it. Macros are pretty on point. (I really wish they tracked net carbs better on here.) Came in under my calorie goal too. Good luck to all of you here!
  • 2busyb
    2busyb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Anyone using premium MFP? I'm missing being able to always see my macros as I'm adding foods like carbmanager had and was wondering if the premium allows that view vs.always having to press on macro or nutrition icon to view.
  • mcbobke
    mcbobke Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    timstotz wrote: »
    I've been on keto for a bit, and am starting Deep State Keto. It was a bummer to cut that steak in half, but I did it. Macros are pretty on point. (I really wish they tracked net carbs better on here.) Came in under my calorie goal too. Good luck to all of you here!

I've been doing keto for almost a month, and I found this on the Keto subreddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/): https://github.com/Surye/mfp-keto-userscript

It's a browser extension + script that adds net carbs to MFP's interface on a computer. Super useful!
  • MIssnewme9211
    MIssnewme9211 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am interested too! I can use all the support I can get!
  • vibhashinde
    vibhashinde Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I m in!!
  • tifano
    tifano Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    jor3c wrote: »
    Mazda_Mx5 wrote: »
    What is everyones carb limit ?
    20 ?

I was sick/couldn't function at work or home at 20carb so upped back to 45/46 (goal 50 or less) to get me started where I could function & figure I'll whittle it down as I go and figure this out better.
    Although I had a very stress full/emotional 3 days past starting Friday & as a BIG stress eater I blew what progress I had made so beginning again today.

20 is what is suggested. You can do 20 total or net. So if you eat 40 total carbs then 20 of those should be from fiber so you can be at 20 net.

My biggest advise to someone new who's having these kinds of symptoms is make sure you're getting your electrolytes in and increase your fat intake. You'll feel better very soon.
  • tifano
    Options
    2busyb wrote: »
    Anyone using premium MFP? I'm missing being able to always see my macros as I'm adding foods like carbmanager had and was wondering if the premium allows that view vs.always having to press on macro or nutrition icon to view.

Yes I do premium... I love it. I've used premium for about 2 years now
  • tifano
    Options
    dbhDeb wrote: »
    jor3c wrote: »
    think I need to change my goal numbers...NO Way I'll be under 50 carbs a day let alone 25 carbs... Will be less stressful and feeling yuck...maybe work my way down...

I dove in and cut my carbs to less than 20 right from day one. I hit a day or two of "keto flu" but the weight loss (and inches loss) kicked in right away because I pushed my body into ketosis. I felt so much better and quit craving the carbs within the first week.

I lost 8 lbs immediately and NOW nada. Please tell me exactly your diet.

Mine is:

Bkfast
    coffee & HWC (cannot do coconut oil or butter)
    boiled egg / bacon (if I am hungry)

Lunch
    2 c. spinach or other mixed greens
    2-4 oz of meat
    blue cheese or goats cheese (1 TB)
    1 T. of dressing such as ranch or blue cheese

snack if any
    almonds - 12
    swiss cheese slice or similar
    1 92% chocolate square

Dinner
    meat 4 oz
    1 T butter or olive oil
    cooked green vegetable such as broccoli, asparagus, cabbage or brussel sprouts

I had been having a mixed drink with vodka and sprite zero but am cutting that out as of this week.

any suggestions??

My nephew and his wife lost a combined amount of 120 lbs in a few months. Of course they are 20 years younger!
    I would love to get 25 more lbs down.

Heaviest - 189 lb (2008 before my divorce)

SW Keto - 168
    CW - 159
    GW -135

Thanks all!!!

Don't give up. The first loss while it's significant is usually water weight loss. You're body is going through a HUGE change and it's also healing. Keep at it and soon you'll see a loss. In the mean time while you're waiting on the scale to show you the magic #'s my best advise is take pictures weekly and measurements. Those two are the real measurements of success and not the scale! I know it's hard to think that way but it's truth! I've been keto for 18 mos and I'm stuck around 168 pounds and my body looks different than what it did last month at 168 pounds. So the scale isn't moving but the measurements and pictures don't lie! KETO ON
  • dperich1968
    dperich1968 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm in for Keto support. I have done the low carb, years ago. I don't like sweets to begin with so this is a little easier than I thought it might be. I have been solid for 5 days now and down a few pounds.
    Height 5' 1"
    SW 142
    CW 137
    GW 120
  • doeffalo
    doeffalo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Day 2!
  • FibroMomMelissa
    FibroMomMelissa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm almost 2 weeks into keto! Would love to join challenge and find more friends.
  • ajsimyan
    ajsimyan Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I would like to join.. Day 1 for me. tried it and failed about a year ago. I want to do it and this time stick to it.

Stats:
    Weight: 150.8 lbs
    Height: 5'4"
    Goal weight: 130 ish
  • marlenamortiz
    marlenamortiz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I've been looking into it and I think I'm ready to just jump in.
  • jewels1nc
    jewels1nc Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm jumping in too!