Eat Keto Diet Daily and Track - 30 Day Challenge

Replies

• dbhDeb
    dbhDeb Posts: 200 Member
    I am in and welcome Keto tracking friends! Week 6 and down 8 lbs (slow loser)
  • dbhDeb
    dbhDeb Posts: 200 Member
    I am going to try my best not to have any alcohol -- I know that stops the loss. Anyone else giving it up??
  • 1957mangin
    1957mangin Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, my name is Denise and I am trying to figure out this keto diet.
  • ABRichardson2016
    ABRichardson2016 Posts: 47 Member
    dbhDeb wrote: »
    I am going to try my best not to have any alcohol -- I know that stops the loss. Anyone else giving it up??

I’ve given it up- which is not easy! I have a huge bottle of wine in my fridge that I hate to waste!
  • jor3c
    jor3c Posts: 40 Member
    Monday:
    Totals 991cal 61carb 9fiber 35sugar 96protein 44fat
    Daily Goal 1,272cal 25carb 21fiber 45sugar 86protein 92fat

Tuesday:
    Totals 1,200cal 52carb 10fiber 31sugar 49protein 86fat
    Daily Goal 1,272cal 25carb 21fiber 45sugar 86protein 92fat

think I need to change my goal numbers...NO Way I'll be under 50 carbs a day let alone 25 carbs... Will be less stressful and feeling yuck...maybe work my way down...
  • michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    IN!!
  • tinalts
    tinalts Posts: 1 Member
    Hi. This is my 3rd day of Keto. Not sure what I'm doing yet... but I'll get there.
  • ABRichardson2016
    ABRichardson2016 Posts: 47 Member
    edited July 2018
    I’m All tracked for the day and stayed on track all day! Now, time to plan my meals for tomorrow.

I meal prepped egg cups for this week which I really think has helped me a great deal. Having something easy, on plan and that tastes good to start the day is a good way to get positive momentum going for the rest of the day. I also drink at least 6 oz of water before my cup of coffee (which I usually drink black).
  • Ironpen92
    Ironpen92 Posts: 10 Member
    I'm in too, what's the best resource for learning to follow a Keto diet?

ketoKarma is a good site and Maria Emmerich has a site and facebook page
  • amybethjack
    amybethjack Posts: 61 Member
    what is mason jar ice cream

Check out this link. I make this and add things to it such as almond pieces or unsweetened coconut (or both)
    https://peaceloveandlowcarb.com/low-carb-chocolate-mason-jar-ice-cream/
  • amybethjack
    nedesignz wrote: »
    Good morning, day 3 here of keto diet. What are the success stories you can share? Any hacks and low carb / sugar snacks?

I've been eating keto for ten weeks and I'm down 27 pounds and six inches in my waist - I count that as a success :smiley:
    One of the things I missed the most when I stopped eating carbs is crackers/chips but I've found homemade cheese crisps to be an excellent substitution (and often tastier). I place 1-1.5 inch slices cheese (any flavor) on parchment paper and bake at 350 for 16-20 minutes, then place on a paper towel to cool.
  • auggi99
    auggi99 Posts: 16 Member
    Love ketoconnect thank you for posting! So interesting. I too enjoy a Diet Coke every now and again haha glad it doesn’t impact them either.
  • amybethjack
    I'm in! I just started Keto, I am on day 3 and down 2 1/2 lbs. I do have a question though, how are you altering the myfitnesspal app to accept Keto? when I plug in my foods it shows I am way over my limits.

Under "goals" you can adjust your calories and percentages for your macros. I have mine set at 1400 calories (my BMR) and carbs at 5%, protien at 20% and fat at 75%. With the free version of MFP I don't know if you can set it up to count net carbs but I list fiber as one of the things I track in my diary so that I can easily calculate my net carbs.
  • 2busyb wrote: »
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    Anyone know if I can have a sugar free small slurped without it spiking my glucose levels?

Sure - artificial sweeteners do not spike blood glucose levels (as long as it doesn't have other carbs).

Watch this--- its crazy informative. I love keto connect on you tube.

Watch "Ultimate Guide to Low Carb Sweeteners | Blood Testing | Be Sure to Avoid These 3!!" on YouTube
    https://youtu.be/CYfqvTZWilw

Thanks for the video! I was just researching this few minutes ago. I'm trying to find something besides water. Been on only water for 11 days and it's basicly making me sick...
    Any ideas?
  • amybethjack
    krystonite wrote: »
    Keto has been my saving grace. Today is day 50 and I've lost 18lbs, but more importantly I feel better than I've ever felt in my life. I have energy, clarity, the whole nine. It's been amazing.

I've been eating keto for ten weeks (down 27 pounds) and like you I feel amazing. I sleep better, wake more refreshed, am less depressed, etc. People are noticing not only my weight loss but my peppy attitude as well.
  • amybethjack
    jor3c wrote: »
    think I need to change my goal numbers...NO Way I'll be under 50 carbs a day let alone 25 carbs... Will be less stressful and feeling yuck...maybe work my way down...

I dove in and cut my carbs to less than 20 right from day one. I hit a day or two of "keto flu" but the weight loss (and inches loss) kicked in right away because I pushed my body into ketosis. I felt so much better and quit craving the carbs within the first week.
  • Lorrainesavvy
    Lorrainesavvy Posts: 17 Member
    I am in, done atkins on and off for over 25 years, need to get rid of those last 3 kg, so would like to join this group as going to do keto mixed with intermittent fasting, today is my 3rd day of intermittent fasting, and 2nd day of keto.

I am 58 years old and currently weigh 65 kg.

I usually do bodybuilding, but changed this mornings PT session to HIIT, so dam determined that I will lose 3 kg, and keep my current amount of muscle.
  • Lorrainesavvy
    Lorrainesavvy Posts: 17 Member
    How is it going with eating only twice per day, and how long is your eating window? Like what 2 meals do you have?

I was thinking about doing 3 meals per day as I prefer not to eat more than 500 calories in one sitting and intend to stay on 1,500 calories per day, so just wondering how you are doing it in case you have some tips I can use.

I like how you list your rules down, I do that or I wont follow them, for me it never works eating based upon how I feel.

metubal wrote: »
    I'm giving keto a try since June 11th. I hope to get some meal ideas here.

Here are my daily goals I set in March for a healthy life:
    1) eat twice a day.
    2) no snacking
    3) Drink 3lt of water.
    4) Sleep 8hours
    5) main source of fat: plants/nuts/seeds and eggs, limit dairy to yogurt, heavy whipping cream, and labne.
    6) no eating after 7pm
    7) 30 mins walking
    8) 15 mins self-reflection time

Today's meals:
    Noon
    *Stir fried cauliflower rice with chicken and veggies
    *Walnut cocoa mug cake
    * Coffee with heavy cream and a tbsp of creamer (cant give up my creamer yet😔)

6pm
    *Circassian chicken
    * 2 tbsp almond butter with 2 celery stick

Looking forward to fellowship here