Eat Keto Diet Daily and Track - 30 Day Challenge

Options

Replies

• nedesignz
    nedesignz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good morning, day 3 here of keto diet. What are the success stories you can share? Any hacks and low carb / sugar snacks?
  • spagirlalways
    spagirlalways Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I just started Keto, I am on day 3 and down 2 1/2 lbs. I do have a question though, how are you altering the myfitnesspal app to accept Keto? when I plug in my foods it shows I am way over my limits.
  • ABRichardson2016
    ABRichardson2016 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Since there are existing groups, I won’t create a new one as that would be redundant. I like having our own thread here as we have started our own smaller community and I know a lot of you are newbies like me so a smaller group to be accountable with and learn with us pretty nice. ☺️ Thanks to our more seasoned members who shared where these other groups are located and how to access them!
  • wiginn
    wiginn Posts: 147 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I’d like to join in as well! I recommitted to Keto as of this past Sunday. So far, so good. I am also on day 6 of no diet soda. Drinking lots of water!

There are a couple of Keto subs on Reddit that I find very helpful (/r/Keto and /r/xxketo which is just for women). Also IBreatheImHungry.com has some great recipes.
  • 2busyb
    2busyb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I've been doing keto for 60 days, was looking for a keto community so I am so happy to meet you all. For @ spagirlalways 1) go to goals 2) nutrition goals 3)calorie,carbs,protein& fats customize 4)click on carbs "macronutrient" screen will appear- scroll to set your goals 5) % at the bottom must meet 100% so the save check mark at top will work [5, 20,75]. Hope that helps I couldn't screen shot, but you can send me messages and we can go over offline if needed.
  • jamacaja
    jamacaja Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been trying Keto for some time now, but I haven't been consistent and weight fluctuates. I'm in for the challenge. I use Perfect Keto Performance Lemon flavor to help me complete my exercise/weight training. I use test strips also, but I have to watch the fat intake due to cholesterol levels, which is at an acceptable level now with meds and cutting out fried foods and my favs Chips :'( . I'm committed to getting to a healthy body/soul.
  • jamacaja
    jamacaja Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also use 1 Tsp of MCT Oil and heavy cream in my coffee as well as Intermittent fasting 16/8 five days a week.
  • Rooster_13
    Rooster_13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Someone was looking for low carb high fat coffee recipe. Try the Bulletproof Coffee recipe below. its AWESOME and will keep you filled up for hours. Got everything from Amazon fo supplies. Taste like a high end latte from Starbuck. The butter just taste like really good cream.

How to make Bulletproof Coffee – Official Recipe
    Ingredients:

2 ½ heaping tablespoons ground Bulletproof Coffee Beans (available on amazon. Bit pricey but you dont use much)
    1 teaspoon – 2 tablespoons Brain Octane Oil
    1-2 tablespoons grass-fed, unsalted butter or grass-fed ghee.
    Directions:

Make your coffee. Brew 1 cup (8-12 ounces) of coffee using filtered water with 2 ½ heaping tablespoons of freshly ground Bulletproof Coffee Beans. Use a French Press for ease of use and to preserve beneficial coffee oils that paper filters keep out.
    Add Brain Octane Oil. Add 1 teaspoon to 2 tablespoons of Brain Octane Oil (start slow with this stuff – it’s powerful!)
    Add grass-fed butter or ghee. Add 1-2 tablespoons of grass-fed, unsalted butter or grass-fed ghee. Make sure your butter is unsalted. Salty coffee is gross.
    Blend. Mix it all in a blender for 20-30 seconds until it looks like a creamy latte. There will be a good amount of foam on top.
  • vetsnatural
    vetsnatural Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I would like to join as well. Been trying to get to 20 carbs .... gotta get my macros. Anyone have luck with creating their Macros?
  • Losingweightforgood2019
    Options
    lwigfall25 wrote: »
    Sign me up, I have been doing Keto 2 weeks and I have lost 8 lbs!!

I'm on week two as well! And so far down 7.4lbs (weigh ins for me are Sundays)
  • Hallse
    Hallse Posts: 3 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I would like to join as well. Been trying to get to 20 carbs .... gotta get my macros. Anyone have luck with creating their Macros?

I used ketogains.com to get my macros.
  • SimplyAdia
    SimplyAdia Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Keto friends: I'm in an allergy haze. My medicine isn't strong enough to fight all the *kitten* flying in the air these last few days. If you drink BPC in the morning, you know you add fat to it. My BPC is usually 12 ounces of coffee and a half stick of butter plus sugar free Torani. I'm so groggy that I didn't realize I put a WHOLE stick of butter in my coffee this morning until it was already brewing. lol Butter is just a solid form of cream and it was SO creamy! I'm pretty much done eating today. lol
  • auggi99
    auggi99 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I ❤️ Keto! I’m one month in and feeling amazing!!! Does anyone else use the blood monitor? I find it to be very helpful along with recording my food here and adjusting my macros with weight loss!
  • ABRichardson2016
    ABRichardson2016 Posts: 47 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Anyone know if I can have a sugar-free small slurpee (they are free today) without it spiking my glucose levels?
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Anyone know if I can have a sugar free small slurped without it spiking my glucose levels?

Sure - artificial sweeteners do not spike blood glucose levels (as long as it doesn't have other carbs).
  • acebabee
    acebabee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Starting back on Keto today! :)
  • cammyg37
    cammyg37 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to join, I have been on Keto for 2 days now and have been doing good logging my food. My class reunion is this upcoming weekend so i will try to stay strong and follow my plan but I may slip just a bit :-1:
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    HI all - just found this challenge! I've been LCHF as well as Keto in the past but lately I've been having troubles staying committed. A 30 day challenge will be perfect for me. I recommitted last Sunday (7/08) and working through the sugar cravings right now. But I'm keeping my fat super high until things calm down. The one thing I love about being in ketosis is the lack of urgency to eat. If I feel hungry, whatever my next meal is soon but when I'm a sugar burner boy oh boy there is a real urgency to eat more sugar. Can't stand something having that much control over me! Looking forward to getting to know you all and definitely send friend requests!!!
  • trecey2
    trecey2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join! Any suggestions to get started?