Trigger warning: ED vent

Options

Replies

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    CoachJen71 wrote: »
    Update: Finally called my wellness nurse and confessed how much trouble I am in. I am to start writing my emotional state down before I eat, and see if I can short circuit the bingeing and self-sabotage. She will also check with the counselor to see if I can get into see her, although financially I have no clue I how I can do it. One step at a time, i guess.

In all honesty, I'm not looking forward to doing this. I don't enjoy working on emotional stuff. As I told my nurse, I know I have driven my car into a ditch, but I don't want to get out and push because it's messy, hard work, and no fun!

One step at a time... you can do this. Best of luck to you. <3
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Jen - I happened to catch a YouTube lecture, part of a series on the psychology of eating and a speaker was discussing amino acids (gotten in food or supplements) that help with different things like anxiety, mood swings, etc. she mentioned bi-polar, but I didn’t really catch it. But it made me think of you. Anyway, Her name is Trudy Scott, you can google and see if there’s anything of interest in her work. She got my interest with glutamine that is said to help with cravings and binging.

Here’s a link to the conference if you’re interested: https://ipe.infusionsoft.com/app/linkClick/344907/4a3a10fb50c92b29/77728231/14c3fb8f0453d8d7

The website for the host is: www.psychologyofeating.com

May be some Free or cheap take-aways, or not. I hope it helps.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,786 Member
    Options
    Coachjen, please give us an update. We are worried about you. Hope that your Saturday went better.
  • LondonSummer2018
    LondonSummer2018 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/BrainwashED-Diet-Induced-Eating-Disorders-Recover-ebook/dp/B01E4N8VS6

This is the book that helped me out of a very similar hell hole
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Prayers for you, @CoachJen71. I know you are scared. Please, please talk to your nurse tomorrow. There must be some way for you to seek medical care. We are all rooting for you!
  • gia_incognito
    gia_incognito Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    The struggle is real. MFP can be a slippery slope with EDs. I don't have any advice bc I struggle with being too militant sometimes too. But I hear you!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you made it to your nurse'a appointment and things are moving forward.

((( <3))), h.
  • pkweier
    pkweier Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to let you know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. Find someone to help you with this we're here for you.