MFP - Fitness site or pick-up bar?

Replies

• AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    Well I can tell you from experience that if you use a cartoon image of an awkward teenage girl who writes erotic friend fiction as your profile photo you won't get propositioned on here :p

Do you get all of the Equesticles though?

I'm actually really depressed that I have yet to run into an Esquesticle

Awe! Comic cons coming up! Dreams can come true there!
  • Breezybreeze7
    Breezybreeze7 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Well I can tell you from experience that if you use a cartoon image of an awkward teenage girl who writes erotic friend fiction as your profile photo you won't get propositioned on here :p

Do you get all of the Equesticles though?

I'm actually really depressed that I have yet to run into an Esquesticle

I have some. Want me to share?

Lol! Jk jk.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    amwbox wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    So I recently started posting and have gotten lots of "friend" requests. With gentleman then striking up a convo that quickly transpires into flirting/sexual overtones.

Am I wrong or is this a fitness site? Anyone else experience this?

I'm happy to make friends to talk about fitness/diet but that's about it. I don't want to be mean and block anyone but seriously, it feels like a bar here!

Wow... Flirting?

Dang.

That's terrible and I'm sorry you had to endure that.

by the way, what are you wearing?

Hey...flirting is sexual harassment these days. Srs bsns. Tread carefully.

I'll take my chances.

tenor.gif?itemid=4515021

• bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    bojack5 wrote: »
    Maybe I'll get flirted with after I post the pic of me in tiny yoga pants tomorrow night :)

After seeing someones junk covered by a sock im gonna say its a golden idea.

Wait a second....I lost a bet 2 yrs ago and had to post a pic with wearing nothing but a sock....and not on my feet.....is someone stealing my pic? ;)
  • Motorsheen
    amwbox wrote: »
    Equesticles? Please tell me....no wait. Don't.

yeah, I thought that was a chapter in the Bible.

*shurg
  • Motorsheen
    Maybe I'll get flirted with after I post the pic of me in tiny yoga pants tomorrow night :)

well, to be fair... it was a very nice sock.
  • Breezybreeze7
    Breezybreeze7 Posts: 1,044 Member
    It’s a fitness site full of hot people so it’s hard not to flirt 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member

Looked a little musty.
  • mustacheU2Lift

Wait a second....I lost a bet 2 yrs ago and had to post a pic with wearing nothing but a sock....and not on my feet.....is someone stealing my pic? ;)

Seriously??? :# i may have not possibly posted a similar pic on my wall.
  • Motorsheen

Looked a little musty.

..... given it's zip code, that might be expected.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Never gotten flirty message in the past 3-4 years. I have never put up any photos.
  • mustacheU2Lift

Junk inna sock..do tell....

Not gonna get you a diamond ring
    That sort of gift don't mean anything
    A girl like you needs somethin real
    Wanna get you somethin from the heart
    Somethin special girl

Its my junk in a sock!
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member

This is funny 😆
  • AnnieH_4512
    AnnieH_4512 Posts: 1,421 Member
    I’ve actually been “unfriended” by guys on here because I don’t flirt enough. And I get asked for my phone number a lot so we can “help each other stay motivated.”
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    I’ve actually been “unfriended” by guys on here because I don’t flirt enough. And I get asked for my phone number a lot so we can “help each other stay motivated.”

Oh same! Not the phone number thing, although there's a few who have it. Once they realize I'm bored with their obvious attempts at flirting immediately in PMs, poof....they delete. It's happened so often that I even forget who they were and never realize they're gone.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member

Iv had this in the past "have you got facebook or another messaging service?" I'm like what's wrong with MFP, we are chatting right now?

And they be like "oh y'know, it would be quicker to msg each other and easier to stay in touch"

This is after exchanging a few pms, why the F would I start giving out my mobile phone number or FACEBOOK to a random stranger just cos he says that he also wants to drop a few pounds? And why does this random person want to cheer me on soooooo much in my weight loss journey that they actually need my home phone number? Actually weird people out there.

So they can send the D pics.
  • AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member

Iv had this in the past "have you got facebook or another messaging service?" I'm like what's wrong with MFP, we are chatting right now?

And they be like "oh y'know, it would be quicker to msg each other and easier to stay in touch"

This is after exchanging a few pms, why the F would I start giving out my mobile phone number or FACEBOOK to a random stranger just cos he says that he also wants to drop a few pounds? And why does this random person want to cheer me on soooooo much in my weight loss journey that they actually need my home phone number? Actually weird people out there.

So they can send the D pics.

This is exactly right
  • New2ket0
    New2ket0 Posts: 345 Member
    edited July 2018
    This just doesn’t happen to me? Must be my muffin tops are too much.
    They are keto though! 😂
  • gia_incognito
    gia_incognito Posts: 103 Member

Indeed! I think men/women need to both be more respectful of not being too scandalous. You can be cordial without being creepy. Some people (me) have delicate sensibilities and what could be nice discourse leaves one feeling gross. I shouldn't have to become a hard person just to get through life.