P90X starting Monday Aug 15

Options

Replies

• lisa451999
    Options
    I have plyo tomorrow too. I am kind of scared.
  • monkeybusiness2806
    Options
    I'm doing the lean version and just finished Core Synergistics I'm glad I did it but it was pretty challenging at times.

@ unfitunhealthy how did you find it?
  • Ezada
    Ezada Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    @Monkeybusiness, I am also doing the lean version, Core Synergistics was fun but hard!

Were you able to do the push up, go onto one hand, lock ankles and reach without falling over?
    I totally fell over lol.
  • svt01
    svt01 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Sorry I didn't get a chance to get on here yesterday as I had finished nights yesterday morning and went out in the evening to meet a friend. I completed Chest & Back and Ab Ripper X,yesterday morning but I find I'm still finding it difficult to do some of the core exercises so I'm just trying to take my time and take extra breaks if required.

I've also completed Plyometrics X this morning and will be doing Shoulders and Arms tomorrow after work.
  • willdbill0712
    willdbill0712 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Our biggest challenge so far was Plyo and the first half of Yoga. The rest are difficult, but not "screw this, I quit" difficult.

I was amazed how much more I could do last night vs week one, day one. I almost am looking forward to plyo tonight.

Almost! :laugh:
  • lisa451999
    Options
    I have heard from a couple of people that Yoga X is HARD! I am actually looking forward to it. As Tony Horton would say Bring IT! (check with me on Friday after I do the video and I may be in tears but for now Bring IT!) :D
  • monkeybusiness2806
    Options
    @Ezada I actually did fall over! Yoga X today :D can't wait let me know how it goes!
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Sure. I'm close to my P90X-anniversary.. so I'm kinda doing a hybrid routine... but yeah, count me in! So how does this work, do we just keep adding to this thread or something?
  • ToughMudderAddict
    ToughMudderAddict Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I just started my 2nd week today. Someone asked how to put the exercises in on MFP, I wear a heart rate monitor which tells me how many calories I've burned so the very first time I do any of the exercises I add them to MFP and then the next time I do them they are in my list.

I did Kenpo last night, SOOOO much fun! I suck at push ups and therefore have been doing them against the wall, still feel the burn and am able to keep up some kind of form. I also suck at Yoga X.. it kicks my *kitten* and makes me feel like a flailing idiot :)
  • DeterminedToBeHealthy
    Options
    Yoga’s ok, not too tough but quite long, an hour and a half. Just need to factor length into schedule.

Thanks @iarepocket for push up tip – will try. I’m rubbish at them but getting better. Don’t worry about the yoga – you’ll be graceful before you know it :happy:

Will post my w/o results later.
  • DeterminedToBeHealthy
    Options
    Hi all, completed legs & back. Recovery drink sure helps! Good workout but am useless at pull ups. Hopefully will get stronger (eventually?).

Good luck all with your w/o’s. How’s everyone coping?
  • kiwikara
    kiwikara Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am nearing the end of my third week, but good luck! It is fantastic! I can already see changes in my body =) be sure to eat enough protein!!
  • lisa451999
    Options
    I just finished plyo. It was killer but I absolutely loved it! I knew I was burning calories and that made me push harder. I'm loving this!!
  • mbolton55
    mbolton55 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just started it today!!! If you want to add me I would appreciate the support too :)
  • rowerc2
    rowerc2 Posts: 158
    Options
    Did Plyo X and Ab Ripper X today - and feel great!
  • kbobx
    kbobx Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started P90X yesterday (hopefully, third times the charm). I made it almost the entire way through last year, but went on vacation and have gone down hill since then. Looking at all the before and after pics really inspired me, mostly because I look like the before pics! I'm in :)
  • katekentlaw
    Options
    I work a full time job and go to law school at night. Does anyone have any tips for how to squeeze in my workout? I've been trying to do it early in the morning, but 5 A.M. is rough when I've been up since midnight studying...
  • katekentlaw
    Options
    And just out of curiosity, how do you all log your P90X calories? Should I buy a heart rate monitor?
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    ey,

Started phase 2 today with Chest,Shoulders,Triceps....Found this to be the most challenging yet,although I normally plan ahead and watch the dvd's of the relevant workout the night before,so Im familiar with what is required,I didnt do that this time,so there was a lot of fiddling about. In the end it was a good session,with a calorie burn of 495 calories including ab ripper.

@katekentlaw..I would advise getting a heart rate monitor as the bunrs can vary greatly from person to person and given the crucial part that food intake plays in ensuring that you have the required energy to be able to complete the workouts ,it would be money well spent.

Good luck everyone today and enjoy your workouts....:smile:
  • DeterminedToBeHealthy
    Options
    Hi all. Just completed cardio – didn’t burn many cals and went over recommended cal intake. Not the best day! :frown:

@ Katekentlaw: respect for f/t work and p/t study! As a fellow f/t worker / p/t student (masters), totally understand how difficult it is.

This is stuff you'll already know, but here goes. Sometimes it helps to be structured for the day / month. Put a schedule together for work, study, fitness, spending time with spouse/family/friends and time off. Decide how much time you’re able to commit to each. Try to squeeze 30mins of exercise in, its better than none and you already know what the benefits of exercise are. You probably won't be able to do the full programmes each day but it'll be possible to get some exercise in.

Good luck with the study and fitness!