P90X starting Monday Aug 15

Options

Replies

• DeterminedToBeHealthy
    Options
    Hi goron59. Jump in, post your results etc. Think some of us are on week 3 (?), some on week 5 and some, well, super advanced through the programme :-)
  • lisa451999
    Options
    For all of your achievements from being able to hold your toes, increasing maxes, feeling amazing after a workout to just pressing play, Congratulations! I had more than one today but the one i am most shocked at is holding the crane for 10 seconds! All this time during the yoga sessions I haven't been able to get into position to hold it!
    'm proud of myself and I'm proud of us all!

Ps what are you using to clean your matts?

You held the crane!?! Great job! That is a major accomplishment! So far I have fell over and landed on my head and fell over and landed on my wrist. After those catastrophes I have just went into childs pose. Seriously - way to go!
  • lisa451999
    Options
    First of all, I just wanted to tell everyone that you are awesome! Way to rock this program! Tomorrow starts phase 2 for me. I'm excited to get two portions of carbs in this phase. Didn't phase 1 fly by???
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Chest Shoulders and Triceps today... oh boy... that's a tough one. small weights, lots of pushups, I somehow shot my arm right in the first 15 mins and had the hardest time ever since I started P90X with my pushups!... at least this will allow for some improvements in the next weeks..

KPP everyone!
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Managed to get my day's wrong today. I was looking forward to a nice relaxing X Strech,only to realise that it should be Kenpo...Oh the joy's. So after I had gotten over the shock, I managed to enjoy a really good session.
    Looking forward to that stretch now tomorrow.

Good Luck to everyone commencing phase 2,enjoy the new workout's.
  • DeterminedToBeHealthy
    Options
    Hi all. Did legs & back and kenpo. Probably do c/ synergistics tomorrow. How’s everyone finding phase 2 (whose at that stage)?
  • bayles1
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Just X Stretch for me today. Hopefully it will work the oracle as I am very sore today.

Enjoy the day.
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    do you like the stretch, I could not force myself to do it, what is involved in it, some warming up then yoga moves and stretches?
  • willdbill0712
    willdbill0712 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    do you like the stretch, I could not force myself to do it, what is involved in it, some warming up then yoga moves and stretches?

I would describe it as an hour long warm up/cool down routine. You do a lot of the pre/post stretching he has us do before we start hitting the hard stuff every week. We are on week 6, and I think I have only done the routine twice, but I really loved it both times. My weekends are CRAZY busy, and I am usually drained by Sundays, so, I just chill most of the time. I also used it the night before my first 5k.
    In the played sports my entire life, and in the last 10yrs have torn a hamstring, popped a quad and tore ligaments away from my ankle. So, my flexibility isn't what it should be, so, I greatly enjoy stretch (even though I have not done it every week).

On a side note, we have gone from bands, to a door pull up bar to putting up a real bar in the space below the stairs. Should have it complete by the weeks end. VERY much looking forward having it!
  • DeterminedToBeHealthy
    Options
    Hi all. C/ synergistics done/dusted. Was hoping to do cardio but have run out of time. Have an early start tomorrow. Look forward to everyone's updates/progress.
  • willdbill0712
    Options
    Kicked Plyo's *kitten* tonight!
    Arms are still worn out from last night, but I am sure I will be ready for tomorrow night!

BRING IT!
  • lisa451999
    Options
    Kicked Plyo's *kitten* tonight!
    Arms are still worn out from last night, but I am sure I will be ready for tomorrow night!

BRING IT!

Way to go, Willdbill!! I felt the same way last night during plyo. It was my 4th time doing it and I just felt so much stronger during it. P90X rocks! :-)
  • michyd
    Options
    Just started my Lean routine again on Monday. Would love a group to stay motivated!
  • lisa451999
    Options
    Just started my Lean routine again on Monday. Would love a group to stay motivated!

Welcome michyd! Good luck with lean. Looking forward to hearing how it works for you.
  • TanyaGirl76
    TanyaGirl76 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I would love to join yah!
  • TanyaGirl76
    TanyaGirl76 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    While doing PX90 do you feel that it has helped with back toning at all and if so which disc was the best other than jut the one that days back and legs?
  • bayles1
    Options

Gotta say,I was so sore yesterday and no where near my best. I did the stretch and was ready for the gym at 6am this morning.
    I could tell that it was helping me even halfway through. I have completed it each time when scheduled and each time it has made the difference. I really would recommend it.
  • bayles1
    Options
    While doing PX90 do you feel that it has helped with back toning at all and if so which disc was the best other than jut the one that days back and legs?

Welcome aboard Tanya. I have seen great improvements in my back,I dont think that it is down to any one disk,just the programme in general. Each session brings its own benefits but when knitted together as a whole it is phenomenal.

This is a really great, hard working, set of folks on this thread,you will get plenty of support along the way.

Good Luck....:smile:
  • bayles1
    Options
    Well that's core synergistic's completed for me today. Loved it as usual.

Enjoy your workouts everyone.
  • willdbill0712
    Options
    Well that's core synergistic's completed for me today. Loved it as usual.

Enjoy your workouts everyone.

Congrats on another great Core workout. I think I heard "Banana - Superman" in my dreams for a few days.