P90X starting Monday Aug 15

Options

Replies

• mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Thanks... No, I collapsed a LOT during the Yoga session. I have a history as a Scottish Heavy Athlete, so all of my training has been strength with speed bursts... I lack flexibility. I see these guys putting yoga blocks on their feet and STILL being able to reach far enough to grab them... I am lucky to get mid shin!

I get mad at myself on Ab Ripper X... I have a gut... not terrible, but enough that it gets in the way.... I will not miss it.
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Way to hang in there mcdonl! Does anyone else just kind of collapse to the ground during the vinyasa when he tells you to keep your elbows in tight? Just me??? :-)

not anymore, in the MC2 from one on one volume 3, he explains a bit better how to do the vinyasa, , you have to get your shoulders over your wrists before starting the push up to upward dog.
  • DeterminedToBeHealthy
    Options
    Wow some serious motivators here: @Alderaic doing P90x and Insanity in same day; @kiki_ac upping your weights (well done!) and @lisa451999 starting to like ab ripper (that’s mad!) :smile: You're doing brilliantly – well done! Thanks for keeping me focused. Hopefully post results later.
  • Alderaic
    Options
    only did 20 mins of the workout plus the fit test on my rest day, but I am planning on doing one on saturday if I'm not out (supposed to go for a three hours kite surfing lesson)
    I will definitely try to do more of the insanity workouts as you can really tell that it is a huge step up from the P90X ones and I am sure that you likely burn the same amount if not more in less time
  • DeterminedToBeHealthy
    Options
    @Alderaic: “insanity - likely [to] burn the same amount if not more in less time”: now you’re talking, I like that idea! :laugh:

(sorry, don’t know how to ‘quote’ posts)
  • Alderaic
    Options
    just click on quote at the bottom right of the post you want to quote, and yes you're right I should say definitely, not likely :D
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    only did 20 mins of the workout plus the fit test on my rest day, but I am planning on doing one on saturday if I'm not out (supposed to go for a three hours kite surfing lesson)
    I will definitely try to do more of the insanity workouts as you can really tell that it is a huge step up from the P90X ones and I am sure that you likely burn the same amount if not more in less time

I think that will take care of winter for me then. I shall go to insantiy after p90x is completed.

Today was Plyo and a two hour walk for me.
  • Alderaic
    Options
    I forgot to mention that it is a huge step up from the P90X cardio workouts, Insanity is mostly cardio and very very little strength training.

P90X2 should also be out around christmas
  • bayles1
    Options
    @Alderaic: “insanity - likely [to] burn the same amount if not more in less time”: now you’re talking, I like that idea! :laugh:

(sorry, don’t know how to ‘quote’ posts)

Just click on quote rather than reply,then add your text.
  • DeterminedToBeHealthy
    Options
    Hi all, shoulders & arms done, with ab ripper also. Managed to up weights on some exercises & core is getting stronger. The programme’s starting to work – excellent! Hope everyone is starting to see results.

@Alderaic / @bayles1: thanks for posting tips.
  • lisa451999
    Options
    Did anyone preorder P90X2 yesterday? Anyone thinking of going right into that after this 90 days? I heard you have to preorder it now in order to guarantee delivery by Christmas! That is insane! Legs and back for me today. Next week is the recovery week and I am interested in seeing the new workouts. :)
  • mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Did anyone preorder P90X2 yesterday? Anyone thinking of going right into that after this 90 days? I heard you have to preorder it now in order to guarantee delivery by Christmas! That is insane! Legs and back for me today. Next week is the recovery week and I am interested in seeing the new workouts. :)

I did Legs and Back this morning, but this is my FIRST week.... I bet you are excited to see the new workouts!! I have never done Kempo, I will have to check it out tonight. I do my workouts at 4:30am every morning.
  • Alderaic
    Options

I'll wait for when I'm done with the P90X, I want to know first if the roller foams etc... can be found cheaper somewhere else, or if the deluxe package is truly a good option, and I may want to get them on bluray. Also I will likely do a round of insanity once done with this round of P90X
  • bayles1
    Options
    Hey,

Chest,shoulders&triceps done for me today,plus ab ripper x.
  • Alderaic
    Options
    Kenpo X done, did Killer abs from the one on one series this morning, as I missed ab ripper X to days ago.
    Killers abs is basically 200 reps from Ab Ripper 200 (Power 90) and Ab Ripper X but with only 20 reps instead of 25.

Tony is also going faster which helps on some exercices, like in and outs and also gives better tips for the leg climbs, following his move I was finally able to do it with the knee raised and no grips. Overall amazing workout.

Next week is recovery starting tomorrow with Yoga X. If everything goes well, I will do one of the insanity workouts today as well.

Keep pushing play guys, and update the thread here for accountability, it helps!! no slacking!
  • bayles1
    Options

Keep pushing play guys, and update the thread here for accountability, it helps!! no slacking!
  • bayles1
    Options
    Hey,I hear that message.

Plyo for me today and my best burn yet. I felt that I really took it to the max today...well until the next time.

Enjoy your workouts guys.
  • lisa451999
    Options
    Rest day today. I am really looking forward to the recovery week just for the variety in workouts. We are almost in phase 2, guys! I haven't lost any weight but that is okay. I am working out every day and enjoying myself so I am cool with it. I had my first cheat meal since starting P90X yesterday and it really wasn't too bad. I had sweet potato fries with my dinner of turkey and broccoli. You are doing great everyone!!
  • bayles1
    Options
    Started today with a good hike. Just completed Back&Biceps + Ab Ripper X.

Enjoy your Workouts/Rest Day's everyone.
  • DeterminedToBeHealthy
    Options
    Did legs & back and threw in some cardio since missed yesterday’s workout. No rest day for me, missed two days already. Its difficult working out on holiday!