The last 10 pounds challenge (closed group)

Options

Replies

• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn't check in yesterday!!!

Weight stayed the same.....

Exercise:
    Monday-REST
    Tuesday-Circuit training, Treadmill, Ellipitical and upper body strength training
    Wednesday-Circuit training, Treadmill, Stationary Bike, and upper body strength training
    Thursday-Circuit training, Treadmill, Step Mill and upper body strength training
    Friday-Circuit training, treadmill, step mill, Ellipitical and upper body strength training
    Saturday-Treadmill, Ellipitcal, and upper body strength training
    Sunday-REST

Squats-okey dokey!!! I'll work 'em in :happy:
  • Brooklyn85
    Options
    Okay here's my weekly checkin:

Weight: 133.5 (1 more pound down somehow!)
    Cardio:
    1 day
    Strength training:
    upper and lower body: 1 day

I ate less healthy than I normally do and was super busy with work working long hours so I couldn't even exercise everyday. I managed to not go overboard by eating whatever I wanted but pre-calculating how much of it I could afford to eat and then only eating that much (half a veggie burger, 1/4 of a serving of fries, etc..). So I managed to stay under my 1200 calorie goal everyday thankfully!

I am going to change my calories back to 1000 for this week though, so it will look like I went over last week since this site doesn't let your goal change week to week when you want to look back.

Also, forgot to mention I am a strict vegetarian so getting protein is tough sometimes. Any great vegetarian protein suggestions? I usually have greek yogurt for breakfast but I put agave in it and end up eating too much sugar. I'm thinking about just getting some hemp protein powder and making a shake once a day to avoid eating too much soy.
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Also, forgot to mention I am a strict vegetarian so getting protein is tough sometimes. Any great vegetarian protein suggestions? I usually have greek yogurt for breakfast but I put agave in it and end up eating too much sugar. I'm thinking about just getting some hemp protein powder and making a shake once a day to avoid eating too much soy.

Your protein is not too far off, so a protein shake might work well. I have both vanilla and chocolate powder. I use the vanilla in my cereal milk. Its a great way to boost my cereal. The chocolate I just use as a drink post-workout.
  • vsetter
    Options
    What a great week!!!! We did SOOOOO much better this week! Last week, almost all of us went over calorie goal at some point. This week, most of us stayed at or below!!! GREAT JOB!!!!

Congrats to Kristin (kerick9) and Cathie (crazytxmom) for the greatest weight loss this week. I also lost pounds this week, but it is part of my plateau, so I'm not counting it :)

Well....the point totals are in.....this week's top are:
    #1 - Kristin (kerick9)
    #2 - Cathie (crazytxmom) and Kate (kblue2007)
    #3 - Valerie (vsetter)
    #4 - Brittany (bprague)
    #5 - Brooklyn (brooklyn85)

--- Special WOOHOOs go to ----
    **** cheshirechic for meeting calories every day of the week!!!!
    **** Brittany (bprague), Kate (kblue2007), and Brooklyn (brooklyn85) for drinking their water every single day!!!!!
    **** jalysons for meeting protein goals for 7 days straight!!! And to Kate (kblue2007) and Kristin (kerick9) for meeting protein goals for 6 of the 7 days!

With two weeks worth of points, our grand total point leader is.........
    #1 - Brittany (bprague) with 37 points
    #2 - Brooklyn (brooklyn85) and Kristin (kerick9) are tied with 36 points
    #3 - Kate (kblue2007) with 35 points

I will try again to post the chart.

A few things to remember so that you get all the points due to you -- make sure to count your water in your diary, make sure your protein column is visible, and if you are changing your calories on purpose (zig zagging, for example), make sure to put your calorie goal in your diary notes.

Great job ladies!!!!! Keep up the good work!!!!!
  • vsetter
    Options
    week2.jpg
  • vsetter
    Options
    weightweek2.jpg
  • MissMarthaGrace
    MissMarthaGrace Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Way to go ladies! Whoo hoooo!!! May you all have a successful week! (Thanks for doing this Valerie ~ what an undertaking!)
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Thanks for doing this Valerie!
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the thanks!

I was wondering, what are everyone's macros? Since protein is involved in the challenge, I'd like to see what all of our goals are. Mine right now are 40/35/25 (of carbs/protein/fat, respectively), but I'm not sure if they're working for me. So, how did all of you decide on your macros?
  • jalysons
    jalysons Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thank Valerie.

Good question on marcos. I do not have the answer, but do think my protein should be higher.

How many of you are set to .5 or 1 lb week loss since we all have less then 10 lbs to go.

I cannot seem to eat all my exercise calories. 1 feel full, 2 feel like I am eating too much mentally. Any advise?
  • kblue2007
    Options
    I use the marcos set up automatically on MFP. Think its 55/15/30 (carbs/protein/fat). I know if I lower my carbs I will go over everyday, just on fruit and veggies alone. And based on my "daily minimum" for protein (which I researched online???) I need atleast 48grams a day which I usually get more than. I rarely meet my fat goals too.
    I honestly have no idea how much of what I should be eating??????? :huh:
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Today I'm at 132.4 lbs >.< I guess it doesn't really matter since I seem to always be in the same range. Frustration!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    25 squats down so far today, plan on doing another 25 later. Great way to stretch out your jeans :laugh:
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback so far, ladies!

jalysons-- I upped mine to .6, which seems weird, but that puts me at 1500 net per day. I always eat my exercise calories back, and I feel that I can't quite trust my mind to connect to my body to say "enough food!" or "not enoughhhhhhrawr!"

kblue-- I feel the same way, about not quite knowing how much I should be eating. I go over on fat because of almond butter, EVOO, etc., but I just don't see how to really reduce it, or if I actually need to.
  • vsetter
    Options
    I have my settings at 40/30/30. I am set to lose 1/2 pound per week, so I am getting 1460 calories a day (with 110 g protein).
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Valerie, what's your activity level set as??? Just curious, I sit ALL DAY long so I have mine set for sedentary. I noticed your calorie goal is higher than mine so your activity level must me set higher (we are about the same height, so I figured we be around the same calorie goal)......random YES I know....that's how I roll :laugh:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    So I'm going camping this weekend...and although I am very excited that we are bringing our own food and I can control what I'm eating, I'm alittle nervous about the abundance of beer and lack of exercise. I'm going to try and go for a walk saturday morning before we go tubing to get something in and give me alittle more wiggle room!!!!

I hope everyone is doing great this week!!! And I'm sure you all are!!!
  • vsetter
    Options
    Valerie, what's your activity level set as??? Just curious, I sit ALL DAY long so I have mine set for sedentary. I noticed your calorie goal is higher than mine so your activity level must me set higher (we are about the same height, so I figured we be around the same calorie goal)......random YES I know....that's how I roll :laugh:

I have it set as lightly active. I work for a park district. On most days, I am walking around the park to some extent (sometimes only 1 mile) (sometimes at a very slow pace --- especially if I am leading pre-schoolers). I usually can get my 10,000 steps while at work and I don't count this as exercise. The only time I count my work exercise is if it is a 6+ mile hike. :happy:

Have fun camping. We are going away for Labor Day weekend. I am extremely nervous....eating out more often, not counting my calories, less exercise (or different than my normal exercise). I am really bummed because I am forcing myself to leave the computer at home. I won't be able to check in and I will lose my 80+ day streak.
  • kblue2007
    Options

Have fun camping. We are going away for Labor Day weekend. I am extremely nervous....eating out more often, not counting my calories, less exercise (or different than my normal exercise). I am really bummed because I am forcing myself to leave the computer at home. I won't be able to check in and I will lose my 80+ day streak.

That's stinky, I hate when that happens!!!!!!! Labor Day weekend is going to be a doozey for me too. Its my bday weekend so we have lots of stuff planned....dinner friday, brewery tour and lunch saturday, and another dinner out sunday!! I totally plan on getting a big fat juicy hamburger though....its been too long :happy:

Beside losing the 80+ days, I'm sure you will be fine and make the right choices!!! I know it can be so difficult to do it especially when everyone else is enjoying their tasty grub, but I always feel better about myself when I opt for the salad :bigsmile:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Oh and 100 squats down :happy: