Jeans from the 80s vs Jeans from today

12346»

Replies

• kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Not even that long ago I have my last size, size 16 pants from 2015 that I kept because I wanted to get back there. I was buying size 18 for many years now same store. I lost about 30lbs and they were falling off, so I pop into a store and I get new pants - size 14. I try on my old size 16 - still do not fit! And they do have some stretch. I must have gone up in weight with the vanity sizes because size 18 fit me since 2015 but I was gaining on and off until this past April.
  • jrochest
    jrochest Posts: 119 Member
    cwkjfthese1q.jpg

I got the old Jeans on and zipped.

That's the best reason to revive an old thread! You look great! :smiley:

• VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Good news. Women's Levi's 501's fit EXACTLY the same as my old Levi's from the 80's. Same sizing as well. Mind you, they are 100% cotton and NOT "pre-shrunk", so many reviews say that they fit "smaller than expected", but that's because they aren't vanity sized. My new size 29's are the same size as a very old pair I had from the late 80's/early 90's. The old ones are more comfortable as they are just broken in. I can honestly say, I miss the days where jeans were just plain cotton, no stretchy stuff.
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member

That's the best reason to revive an old thread! You look great! :smiley:

Thanks!!
  • GOT_Obsessed
    FireOpalCO wrote: »
    This is a complete tangent:

I'm tired from working on the computer all day and thought the title of the thread was "Jesus from the 80s"

Okay I am giggling about that. Sorry you had a long day at the computer. Hope tomorrow is better.
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    I wish jeans were made out of that same denim from then, I think it held everything in Lol... now it all stretches out and shows every lump
  • GOT_Obsessed
    karahm78 wrote: »
    I wish jeans were made out of that same denim from then, I think it held everything in Lol... now it all stretches out and shows every lump

Not me. I like the stretchy feeling. I don't take my jeans off the second I walk in the door.
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    karahm78 wrote: »

Not me. I like the stretchy feeling. I don't take my jeans off the second I walk in the door.

I like a middle ground. Tried on some jeans today that were waaaay too stretchy. I didn't like the cling. They were like thick leggings with a zipper. Too weird! They looked cute and fit nicely but I couldn't get over that weirdness. Some give is good for comfoty but the total stretch that shows everything....no thank you XD
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Ha ha, I put my comfy clothes on soon as I get home anyways :-)
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    My comfy clothes are on the minute I walk in the door from work. Their called pajamas :D