What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Sometimes I catch myself doing the vain swaggering and posturing that used to annoy me when I saw others do it. Sometimes I have to exercise a little control to just be proud but not vain. Having said that, i think it is harmless and maybe even good (for my confidence) to admire myself in the mirror fists on hips doing the Superman pose or flexing to check muscle development.

:D While I have avoided Superwoman stances - I am trying to learn to be more comfortable with my reflection in the mirror. I am getting better and do spend more in time in front of one, although can still be a bit bleurgh when I catch sight of my profile in a shop window! Photgraphs are a whole other ball game - my hatred of the camera is as passionate as ever. Photographs still make me feel huge even though I am quite close to my first goal now. Why do photgraphs make me feel so much bigger than what I see in the mirror?

I have made it far enough to love the camera, and profiles the most. That's absolutely vanity but after years of trying to make sure I am facing the camera and sucking my gut in, to have candid profiles actually look good is a really great feeling.

Note to self; need to get some properly sized gym shorts. :smiley:
    uyidhx8fcadx.jpg

That IS a great feeling and one I hope to one day feel for myself! The hubs is going to take me to try out Stand Up Paddleboarding (it made me think of all the posts I see you making!) once I get through the Work Gauntlet of Suckage Hours! I hope I like it. We have lots of pretty places to see on the ocean!

Congrats on reaching such a milestone!

Thanks!

It is very likely that you will like SUP. I have been to a few group paddles where there were rental boards available because a lot of people were first timers and they pretty much always are excited about doing it more and asking for recommendations and costs for their own equipment. I really haven't seen anyone try it and hate it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!