What was your wedding song and why?

Options

Replies

• 3ricaAnn
    3ricaAnn Posts: 288
    Options
    I got married in July of last year but it was a private wedding for finacial reasons but when we were planning on having a real wedding it was Dave Barnes "God Gave me You" because my hubby heard the song right after he bought my engagement ring and felt like it was ment to be. He is truly my best friend, I have told him things I would never in a million years tell my best girl friends. I feel that we are ment to always be together and that God planned for i to be that way.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Ours was Journey's "Faithfully" We danced we cried we had a great time... I can't hear that song without tearing up a little! The reason we picked it was because my husband loves Journey... He lived in the Bay area for a couple years while in college and really likes them because of it. I picked Faithfully because of the lyrics... It's basically us. "I'm forever yours, faithfully" meaning I will never be with another, forever I am yours and yours alone! :-) Congrats to all the married people out there!!
  • Babs0515
    Options
    Married 1973 "Never My Love" , sung by the Association. I picked the song out when I was about 14, when I heard it on the AM station. Ran out and bought the 45 rpm vinyl record. My love of that song has never ended, but sadly the marriage did. The bonus is, I have a friend for life, or "as long as we both shall live".
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Our wedding song (our first dance) was "Longer", although I can't remember who it was by...that was over 30 years ago! But for our 25th anniversary, we had a big party and our first dance was Shania Twain "Your Still the One". The lyrics are "they said I'll bet, they'll never make it but just look at us now."

We got married at 19 amid a lot of controversy, (his parents were dead set against it, mine thought we would be OK) and his mother did everything she could to break us up-including calling my aunt to see if she could "talk some sense into me". Even now, 30 years and 5 kids later, his mother still says we made a mistake getting married so young!
  • 3ricaAnn
    3ricaAnn Posts: 288
    Options
    I can't remember. Is that bad? LOL. I'd have to watch the video. I know we played "Whats your fantasty" for the garter toss...but only because it's still talked about and the older generation was pretty pissed about it.

LOL!

hahaha! Our garter toss song was going to be "PYT" by Micheal Jackson
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    We used "Luna" (by Smashing Pumpkins) for our first dance. I was a banquet hall bartender for years, so I really wanted something I hadn't heard done to death already. We had an outdoor wedding with classical orchestra music beforehand, but after the ceremony we had our DJ blast out "Ain't No Stopping Us Now" (McFadden & Whitehead) as the crowd broke up and walked across the park to the hall for the reception...it defintely set the mood for the party portion of the evening!
  • McBody
    McBody Posts: 1,703 Member
    Options
    We got married ten days ago (August 6th)- We had two songs, I walked down the aisle to the first verse of "Dusk and Summer" by Dashboard Confessional

She smiled in a big way, the way a girl like that smiles
    When the world is hers and she held your eyes
    Out in the breezeway down by the shore in the lazy summer
    And she pulled you in, and she bit your lip, and she made you hers
    She looked deep into you as you lay together quiet in the grasp of dusk and summer

And then we didn't have a "traditional" reception, we instead did a cocktail party afterwards and had no dancing... except for one song, which was "Vanilla Twilight" by Owl City. We chose that song because he is in the military and ends up deploying every other year (but, yay, it just got reduced to 9 month deployments) and the song is about missing the other person while they're gone. Plus, he left for two months at 4am the morning after our wedding.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    "I BELIEVE IN YOU AND ME" by Whitney Houston. Our Wedding dance rocked since we both can dance.
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I got married in July of last year but it was a private wedding for finacial reasons but when we were planning on having a real wedding it was Dave Barnes "God Gave me You" because my hubby heard the song right after he bought my engagement ring and felt like it was ment to be. He is truly my best friend, I have told him things I would never in a million years tell my best girl friends. I feel that we are ment to always be together and that God planned for i to be that way.

We too had a small wedding. We had maybe 20 people at our wedding and not a big reception. But at our 5 year, we plan on doing the renewal bigger and closer to home for me so that more family could make it.

Every line of God Gave Me You reminds me so much of my husband. I almost cry everytime cause he makes me so happy and is such a strong partner.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    "Always with you, Always with me" by Joe Satriani. Beautiful instrumental with kickin guitar work.
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I walked down the aisle to "History in the Making" by Darius Rucker. I heard that song about 10 times our first night we spent together. He lived in Colorado and I lived in Oklahoma when we got engaged. We were engaged before we ever met. I flew out one weekend to meet him and the rest is history. :happy:
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    My husband and I got married May 13, 2006 and for our unity candle song we had, N SYNC's "This I promise you" and everyone at our wedding was in tears by the end of the song, it was amazing!

Then when we walked away as husband and wife it was All for One's 'I do" :heart:
  • rowbseat13
    rowbseat13 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I walked down the aisle to "First Day of My Life" by Bright Eyes... We got married in a theatre, so we had posters and "playbills" printed with "First Day of My Life" as the "title" of the production. Our invitations looked like a large ticket with the same thing. It's a beautiful song that really symbolized starting our life together.

During the ceremony, "The Luckiest" by Ben Folds and "Love is Real" by Bright Eyes were performed. After we were married, we walked out to "Such Great Heights" by the Postal Service.
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Sad But True by Metallica :tongue:
  • hockeyd11
    hockeyd11 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Mine was always going to be Cross My Heart by George Strait until another song came out that I just loved shortly before we got married in 2009. So I ended up picking Then by Brad Paisley. Such a great song-:love:

I remember trying not to stare
    the night that I first met you,
    you had me mesmerized,
    And three weeks later,
    in the front porch light,
    taking 45 minutes to kiss goodnight.
    I hadn't told you yet,
    that I thought I loved you then,

And now you're my whole life,
    And now you're my whole world,
    And I just cant believe the way I feel about you girl,
    Like a river meets the sea, stronger than its ever been,
    We've come so far since that day,
    And I thought I loved you then

I remember taking you back to right where I first met you,
    You were so surprised
    There were people around, but I didn't care,
    I got down on one knee right there,
    and once again
    I thought I loved you then,

Well now you're my whole life,
    Now you're my whole world,
    I just cant believe the way I feel about you girl,
    Like a river meets the sea, stronger than its ever been,
    We've come so far since that day,

I can just see you, with a baby on the way
    I can just see you, when your hair is turning gray
    What I can't see is how I'm ever gonna love you more
    But Ive said that before

Now your my whole life
    Now your my whole world
    I just cant believe the way I feel about you girl,
    We'll look back someday at this moment that we're in
    And i'll look at you and say
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I don't do being the center of attention so no way was I going to dance with hubby with people watching.

But the first song we danced to, alone in our living room, was "Put Your Head on My Shoulder" by Michael Buble. ahhhh, love that song. And love that it's our song.
  • Stagezz
    Stagezz Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    We got Married last December!!

I walked down the aisle to Marry Me by Train (good friend sang it with his guitar)

Our first dance was Smile by Uncle Kracker! (My hubby says no one ever makes him smile the way I do) Aww lol
  • yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    Options
    We didn't want to go with one of the more traditional songs, and I'm into jazzier stuff, so our first dance was to "A Wink and a Smile" by Harry Conick Jr. We chose it because we were complete opposites that somehow just clicked together... "well you can't have a dream and cut it to fit, but when I saw you, I knew, we go together, like a wink and a smile." Married 9 years and 2 months!
  • floydypants
    floydypants Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I walked down the aisle to I Belong To You by Lenny Kravitz, and we had You're My Best Friend by Queen, Blow Your Mind by Jamiroquai, and Let Your Love Flow by The Bellamy Brothers at different points. I'm sure there was another one as well but I seem to have forgotten!