Playing hooky from work

124»

Replies

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    I hope no one shows your company your mfp posts.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    edited August 2018
    urloved33 wrote: »
    I hope no one shows your company your mfp posts.

I hope no one on chit chat has their posts shown to employers. 🤣

ETA: this thread is not near one of my worst posts. I'll claim ignorance if anyone matches me to my profile. Deny, deny, deny.
  • AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    Right! That would be so shady. No one likes a tattle tale.
  • AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    I tattle told once.....I ended up with stitches

You know how it goes. Snatches get staches.

At first I was confused....

Now, I get it. We’re calling off of work for mustache rides. That might be the best excuse yet. Just sayin.
  • IHaveMyActTogether
    IHaveMyActTogether Posts: 945 Member
    I called in sick to work today. I'm not sick at all. But I told boss man I'm throwing up. I know it's not a completely original excuse, but no one wants to work with a puker.

What are some better excuses I could use for next time?

Uh, maybe not to admit to fake excuses to miss work with your face on it on a public website your co-workers might be perusing....?
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    I called in sick to work today. I'm not sick at all. But I told boss man I'm throwing up. I know it's not a completely original excuse, but no one wants to work with a puker.

What are some better excuses I could use for next time?

Uh, maybe not to admit to fake excuses to miss work with your face on it on a public website your co-workers might be perusing....?

Welcome to chit chat. Most of my comments are laced with sarcasm and are not at all serious.
    Again, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want my coworkers seeing anything I post on here. I'm sure I'm not alone.
    Could be worse, they could see me over in Fun and Games. 🤮
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Tell your boss you had a Bloomin' Onion from Outback Steakhouse last night and it's coming out of your ear holes this morning.
  • kam26001
    You noticed one of your nostrils looks bigger than the other. A trip to the ER is imminent.
  • kam26001
    The Cubs are playing a day game.
  • kam26001
    You threw your back out reaching for the Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
  • Mean_Spice
    Mean_Spice Posts: 279 Member
    edited March 2019
    Best I heard from an employee.

Employee: "Boss sorry I am late, I have uncontrollable violent diarrhea. Let me clean up a bit and if you need me I guess I can make it in."

ME: "No issue: We will need you to come in since you are not calling out. I would advise that you use a heavy plastic bag to protect your car seat on the way in. You might need a couple changes of clothes while at work today. We will make sure you have the privacy you need while at your work station today.

He came in to a curtain across his cubicle entrance that could be pulled closed when needed and his chair was replaced with a toilet seat on top of a 5 gallon bucket (with a plastic bag lining the bucket).

He only made one trip to the bathroom for the rest of the day with no accidents. he was docked for pay for being late.

If you bluff the boss, be prepared for it to get called.

• newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Just call out sick by saying "I'm calling out sick today." That covers it. If you tell them about hemorrhoids, vomiting, diarrhea, menstrual difficulties, sinus infections, bee stings, or nervous breakdowns they'll go around telling everybody about it.
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    Bunions
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    No need for hooky excuses.. I just tell them I want to take off.. something came up..

I have plenty vacation/PTO time.. they don't care.
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    edited March 2019
    I don’t know if I would advertise on a public forum I was playing hooky from work. Employers use social media posts as means of evidence now a days.
  • MEHR0908
    MEHR0908 Posts: 108 Member
    Put in for a sub on Wednesday and took today off! First day all school year, and much needed. Principal threw me some shade about it and then also didn’t show up today haha
  • Mean_Spice
    Mean_Spice Posts: 279 Member
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Just call out sick by saying "I'm calling out sick today." That covers it. If you tell them about hemorrhoids, vomiting, diarrhea, menstrual difficulties, sinus infections, bee stings, or nervous breakdowns they'll go around telling everybody about it.

After re-reading the whole thread, I believe this is the best answer.

You providing your health issues is not needed. You have an obligation to let your supervisor/manager know you will be out, but he does not need to be told about health issues as that is covered under HIPAA.