Running is boring and pointless

Options

Replies

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Mattyay wrote: »
    It's really simple. People get fat because they eat too many carbs and then try to fix their weight problem by running for hours on treadmills. No one's angry, Capiche?

Why specifically carbs?? Any calorie surplus would lead to weight gain. Conversely, any calorie deficit would lead to weight loss. The type of food leading to that surplus or deficit doesn't matter.

And then of course running would be only one of many options available to drive a surplus back towards a deficit. I personally don't run, and if I occasionally use the treadmill, I walk on it.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    It's really simple. People get fat because they eat too many carbs and then try to fix their weight problem by running for hours on treadmills. No one's angry, Capiche?

People get fat because they eat too many calories. Are carbs part of it? Sure. But they aren't the only/sole reason. If someone who is getting fat replaces 50g of carbs with 50g of fats, they will actually get fatter. Your cut carbs and eat more fat doesn't work.

I have experimented a lot with different diets and i can assure you that 50g of fat and 50g of carbs are not the same thing. 50g of carbs will have you craving more. 50g of fat will not.

Ah, so now we're talking about adherence and preference? Gotcha. Far cry from your original post...

Nothing to do with preference and everything to do with the mechanics of macro-nutrient digestion and the subsequent hormonal responses. Carbohydrates are well known and documented in tonnes of scientific literature to throw your hormones out of whack.

got a link to any of those?!