what shoes do you wear to exercise in?

Options

Replies

• DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Two podiatrists have told me that New Balance makes the best sneakers for your feet, I use New Balance sneakers.
  • chicknsun
    chicknsun Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Asiacs give me shin splits if I use them on treadmill. I have new balance with the really soft foam sole bottom . 3 pairs of these. No pain when I walk on the treadmill with them. For me to walk, it can't hurt or I will give up.
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Nike metcons for CrossFit type workouts, and Hokas for running.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I'm doing. LOL. I have Adidas Ultraboost for running, Reebok Nanos for lifting, and APLs for training/studio/classes.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    i had a pair of new balance and asics that i liked equally as well.... until the puppy ate them. a friend gave me a beat up pair of reeboks that i really like. and it saved me from having to buy new shoes for the moment.

all shoes are now kept out of reach of demon puppy.

dont ever get a jack russell.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    Sketchers Performance Go Run. Gel insert = bliss. They are light weight too.
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Brooks... only brooks!
  • PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts - Chuck Taylors
    Squats - Adidas Powerlifts
    Everything else - Nike Air Max
  • beckyrpl
    beckyrpl Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I run - and I like Brooks.
  • aliyusaf
    aliyusaf Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Running: Asics Gel Kayano (25 at the moment but I have had previous incarnations)
    Training: A couple of old pairs of Adidas ultraboost which are not suitable for running in any more.

I have heard lots of great things about New Balance, so I may try them in about 300 or so miles time.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,390 Member
    Options
    I only do exercises in my living room at the moment: bodyweight, some weights/kettlebells. I usually do them barefoot. I did lift heavy in the past and also did so barefoot most of the time. I just prefer it to wearing shoes, but mainly because I have hypermobile ankles and I'm more stable without soles.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Running : asics & Brooks
    Training : reebok nano
    Cycling: sidi & dmt
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I wear brooks for running and I strength train barefoot or in converse. (I work out at home)
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Nike flex for cardio. Adidas Power lifting shoes for weights (only because they were a fantastic sale price) but I love them.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    marber wrote: »
    New Balance mainly because they do a wide fitting and I have big wide feet.

Same here! Walking, road and trail running. I've been wearing them for years. I keep trying on the latest "best shoes out there", but they're all too narrow one way or the other, even the wide ones.

eta: I wear my walking shoes for weight and circuit training.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    One of these:

30wt40l.jpg

I need an intervention

MY PEOPLE!!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    New balance for running, sketchers for walking
  • kchapman588
    kchapman588 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am a women but I think men’s saucony’s, are the best work out, trail, and hiking shoes. My mother and I both use saucony, she walks for over half her day and those shoes are the only workout brand of shoes she will wear
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    One of these:

30wt40l.jpg

I need an intervention

:o