What food can you not live without....

Replies

• Mommin75Hard
    Mommin75Hard Posts: 18 Member
    ...also coffee with cream.
  • stfpa
    stfpa Posts: 62 Member
    There’s not really anything specific that I need everyday but in general, I need something sweet like 3 times a day at least lol. I don’t know how some people rarely eat sweets
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Hot tea with half and half is literally my new comfort food. I also tried to think of a food I couldn’t live without but since I enjoy what I eat it was too hard to isolate one thing. I really don’t think I could live without my tea. lol

Even if weather is hot?
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    cereal
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Oatmeal, coffee, and Ice cream. Yes, I do eat ice cream about 3-4 times a week, but I have learned to eat just 1/3 a cup so I can have it often and I am faithful to track the calories on my Food diary.
  • MagnumOpus1
    MagnumOpus1 Posts: 161 Member
    Beef!!!

You like beef that much? So refreshing to see!
  • MagnumOpus1
    MagnumOpus1 Posts: 161 Member
    My new found love for brown basmati rice! I only recently discovered, it tastes miles better than white basmati rice.

If I could I would eat chocolate cake & donuts everyday. No question.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Gatorade
    Kit Kats
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Bread. Right now we have Pumpernickel with whole rye grains, whole wheat, whole wheat sandwich thins, whole wheat tortillas, corn tostadas, and Italian.
  • soufauxgirl
    soufauxgirl Posts: 392 Member
    greek yoghurt
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,376 Member
    Proper liquorice, but I have to as there's no real liquorice available in the UK :'( Everything is just flavoured with anisseedextract, which doesn't give me the 'liquorice kick' :# Aaaargh!
  • yirara
    Proper liquorice, but I have to as there's no real liquorice available in the UK :'( Everything is just flavoured with anisseedextract, which doesn't give me the 'liquorice kick' :# Aaaargh!
    Hot tea with half and half is literally my new comfort food. I also tried to think of a food I couldn’t live without but since I enjoy what I eat it was too hard to isolate one thing. I really don’t think I could live without my tea. lol

What's half and half? In Dutch this would refer to 50% beef and pork mince, thus I have a really, REALLY odd picture in my mind now.
  • DewGracen
    DewGracen Posts: 12 Member
    Diet soda!
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    dsboohead wrote: »

Even if weather is hot?
    Yes :)

• workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    yirara wrote: »

What's half and half? In Dutch this would refer to 50% beef and pork mince, thus I have a really, REALLY odd picture in my mind now.
    lol!! Half & half here in America is 1/2 cream and 1/2 milk that is popular for putting in coffee and tea.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited August 2018
    Proper liquorice, but I have to as there's no real liquorice available in the UK :'( Everything is just flavoured with anisseedextract, which doesn't give me the 'liquorice kick' :# Aaaargh![.

What do you classify as "proper liquorice"? Dutch liquorice? I've had that in the UK... We even get it in aus, and even a lot of the normal liquorice here (of the 5 supermarket brands I just looked at) is made with liquorice extract.

(Bassett's liquorice all sorts are made with liquoricr extract... Or is real liquorice made with something different?)
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Chicken breast.
  • yirara
    Proper liquorice, but I have to as there's no real liquorice available in the UK :'( Everything is just flavoured with anisseedextract, which doesn't give me the 'liquorice kick' :# Aaaargh![.

What do you classify as "proper liquorice"? Dutch liquorice? I've had that in the UK... We even get it in aus, and even a lot of the normal liquorice here (of the 5 supermarket brands I just looked at) is made with liquorice extract.

(Bassett's liquorice all sorts are made with liquoricr extract... Or is real liquorice made with something different?)

I know, but there's always anisseedoil in them as well. This is much more concentrated than liquoriceroot, and added in smaller amounts, hence at the bottom of the list. Yet it provides most of the flavouring. And that's something I taste. Bassetts doesn't taste at all like proper liquorice to me but just slightly flavoured sugar, really. Yes, thinking of a few Dutch, German and Scandinavian brands. :'(
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member

I know, but there's always anisseedoil in them as well. This is much more concentrated than liquoriceroot, and added in smaller amounts, hence at the bottom of the list. Yet it provides most of the flavouring. And that's something I taste. Bassetts doesn't taste at all like proper liquorice to me but just slightly flavoured sugar, really. Yes, thinking of a few Dutch, German and Scandinavian brands. :'(

Like this? https://www.allthingsliquorice.co.uk/products/dutch/salty-liquorice-mix-500g.html
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    I have to vote for eggs. The king of diversity. I eat eggs every single day without fail