Anybody lost weight only by watching what they ate (by counting calories) and no exercise?

Options
2»

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 of my 40lbs of baby weight from my first kid, just by cutting calories.

However, I don't recommend it. I got skinny-fat, I was freezing and tired all the time. I looked and felt better and lost the weight faster the second time around when I lifted weights and cut calories.
  • chaseracer2386
    chaseracer2386 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I did a few years ago.. Lost first 30lbs just counting calories.. Then lost the next 30 by going to the gym and doing some cardio and alot of weight training.. On the journey again since i have had my last child.. Looking to lose another 60lbs.. Hope this helps..
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I’ve done a mix of both. I am fond of maintaining my muscle so when I don’t exercise I lose at a glacial pace because I don’t want to eat too low. I’ve gone from 243 down to 161 with varying degrees of activity.

I did take a year to do recomp after losing about 60lbs. I gained some back due to health reasons and I’m back at it. I do things I like so it doesn’t feel like exercise. I enjoy walks and hikes and swimming!

I am also proud that I’ve maintained the bulk of my lean muscle through all of this. Well, at least what my scale reads out, which isn’t super accurate but I had a body scan done that validated the general percentage of fat vs lean mass. So yay!

Do things you enjoy! Then it’s fun, not “exercise I have to do to lose weight.” It’s, “HOT DIGGITY! It’s time for FUN!”
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!