Do you have a favorite way to prepare salmon?

2»

Replies

• mershmallow
    mershmallow Posts: 6 Member
    Blackened
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,243 Member
    Brush on some honey mustard and bake
    Brush on some soy and brown sugar marinade and bake with red onions
    Brush on some Teriyaki sauce and bake (serve with a bit of rice and a ton of veggies in a bowl)
    Season with Italian seasoning and a bit of butter and bake

Always serve with a bunch of veggies with broccoli, asparagus, or brussel sprouts!
  • Dame_sans_merci
    Dame_sans_merci Posts: 74 Member
    Chilli and coriander marinade overnight then bake in a foil parcel until almost cooked through. By the time I finish serving it up the residual heat has finished the cooking process leaving it perfectly soft. Alternatively just bake plain in foil but serve with a creme fraiche/watercress sauce over it (and a couple of new potatoes, green beans, carrots and broccoli). Drooling now
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    madwells1 wrote: »
    All the above are great, as there is nothing better than salmon. for a different dish, I have been into the following:
    • Grate 1 tbsp fresh ginger
    • Mince 3 cloves garlic
    • Add 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
    • Add 1/4 cup soy sauce
    • 1 heaping TBSP of korean chili powder
    • 2 TBSP honey or to taste.

Marinate salmon for 15 minutes, pan sear halfway. Add marinade and reduce until it thickens, spoon over salmon while cooking. Remove salmon, serve with remaining sauce. Yum!!

Oh my, that sounds amazing! I may have to make that this week for dinner.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    No the healthiest but mayo and capers on top wrap in tin foil on bbq

or herbs and on a bed of lemon on the bbq
  • dechowj
    dechowj Posts: 148 Member
    My favorite way is in a crock pot. I marinade a salmon steak in zesty Italian dressing. then you put it in a crock pot with a chopped onion and a chopped yellow red and orange pepper. Add salt, pepper, the juice of a lemon, and half a can of beer. cook on high for 3-4 hours.

It is great served with rice or quinoa.
  • fdhunt1
    fdhunt1 Posts: 222 Member
    Salmon patties made with fresh Atlantic salmon - the best.
  • NJCJF
    NJCJF Posts: 134 Member
    2 tbsp dijon mustard, 3 tbsp soy sauce,3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tsp mincep garlic. whish and coat salmon, grill
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Great suggestions, LOVE salmon!
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    I take the skin off, and cook it separately to make crispy salmon skin.

Then cover the salmon with a spoon of mayonnaise, sprinkle with seasoning (sometimes paprika, sometimes thai spices... whatever), then bake it - as long as it's done medium rare and not overcooked. I hate overcooked salmon.
  • gillmand2017
    gillmand2017 Posts: 4 Member
    slice it very fine and place in a bowl, squeeze over lime, add coriander (cilantro) and chile and leave it for 20 minutes then enjoy as a ceviche.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,601 Member
    l9gwycsajclf.jpeg
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    I also like cooking it with fat in a frying pan, (salted) skin side down, using my fish spatula to press down so that all of the skin comes into contact with a hot pan. Cook until over half the thickness of your fillet has changed color, then flip and cook the other side for just a minute. Remove from heat and let it rest, the residual heat will cook the remainder of the fillet (or most of it – I do like it when it is still a little bit rare in the middle.) this is how you get the nice crispy skin. squeeze of citrus and you are good.

But probably my favorite preparation of salmon is to poach it! Put your fillet in a pot, cover it with water, bring the water to a boil, cover and remove from the pot from the heat, and let it stand 10 minutes. Remove the fish from the water and serve it up with your favorite sauce.
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Brined and smoked
  • MADgical72
    MADgical72 Posts: 81 Member
    Saw this recipe o533uislvkur.jpeg
    today
  • mrsbarnett1012
    mrsbarnett1012 Posts: 63 Member
    I just did a maple Dijon salmon a few nights ago and it was great!
    2T pure maple syrup
    2T water
    2T Dijon mustard
    2 tsp EVOO
    2 cloves crushed garlic
    Salt and pepper to taste

Brush on the salmon, bake in 400F oven until done (10-15 minutes, depending on your doneness preference). This made enough for 2 salmon fillets and a whole head of cabbage we roasted with it and used the same marinade, so you can easily scale down for a smaller amount if needed.

We also pan fry salmon, after coating in a blackened seasoning very frequently too. So good.

For a more in depth recipie, if you good Damn Delicious's teriyaki salmon with sriracha cream sauce, it's AWESOME. Defintely higher on the calories than the other too but the taste is amazing.