What was your wedding song and why?

Options

Replies

• drl041799
    drl041799 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Love of My Life by Sammy Kershaw because hubs is the love of my life! We've been married for 12 years! This is so neat seeing all these songs!!!
  • aliciadenelsbeck
    Options
    Me and my wife Alicia were happily married on April 12, 2007 in front of a JP. We didn't have time for an actual wedding due to me having to leave out for Iraq within a week. We dated for 2 weeks and have been happily married for 4 1/2 years now.
    Our wedding song was and still is "Not A Moment Too Soon" by Tim McGraw

:love: :heart:
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    it's "this years love" by david grey...the opening line is "this year's love, had better last, heaven knows it's high time"...we both deserve to be loved unconditionally, and we love each other in the perfect way
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    My Best Friend by Tim McGraw.
    No longer married now and have a real friend now by my side :love:
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    we had the smallest wedding ever, on purpose. We were going to have a big reception but haven't... yet.

our song was going to be 'First Dance' by Never Shout Never. And we were going to look for an Owl and Zebra mask like they wear in the video. it was gonna be EPIC. [and I hate that word, so that's a pretty big deal]
  • pippyrlz23
    pippyrlz23 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I walked down the aisle to Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
    Our first dance was to Brad Paisley - Find Yourself
    He had moved from Kansas to Oregon for a job and didn't know anyone. We'd both had "difficult" past relationships and the way we came together was perfectly described in this song. :-)

When you find yourself
    In some far off place
    And it causes you to rethink some things
    You start to sense that slowly
    You're becoming someone else
    And then you find yourself

When you make new friends in a brand new town
    And you start to think about settlin' down
    The things that would have been lost on you
    Are now clear as a bell
    And you find yourself
    Yeah that's when you find yourself

Where you go through life
    So sure of where you’re headin'
    And you wind up lost and it's
    The best thing that could have happened
    ‘Cause sometimes when you lose your way it's really just as well
    Because you find yourself
    Yeah that’s when you find yourself

When you meet the one
    That you've been waitin' for
    And she's everything that you want and more
    You look at her and you finally start to live for some one else
    And then you find yourself
    That’s when you find yourself

When we go through life
    So sure of where we're headin'
    And we wind up lost and it's
    The best thing that could have happened
    ‘Cause sometimes when you lose your way it's really just as well
    Because you find yourself
    Yeah that's when you find yourself

Also...Cars is a family favorite movie!! :-)
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    it's "this years love" by david grey...the opening line is "this year's love, had better last, heaven knows it's high time"...we both deserve to be loved unconditionally, and we love each other in the perfect way

I LOVE that choice. Beautiful. Just love love love that song. It will in some way be involved when I get married.
  • bluevwgurl
    bluevwgurl Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Our wedding song was John Michael Montgomery -I can love you like that.
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    "Baby I Love You" by the Ramones.

We took dance classes prior to our wedding so we could move around the floor dancing and twirling and all that fun stuff instead of standing in one spot moving around in a circle...lol...

Our last song of the night before we left was "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong.

Oh and just on a side note, I gave the DJ a whole long list of songs I did NOT want played at my wedding which included "Strokin'", "the Macarana" and the "Chicken Dance" -- why do they always have to play those songs at weddings? lol...

There is no song I hate more than "strokin" and if anybody ever suggested playing that at a wedding I'd suggest getting their heads checked!
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Oh dear. Which wedding? If it was husband number one I don't remember a song for the Wedding, but for the divorce and since, Thorn in my Side by Eurythmics, has me smiling every time I hear it. Have to laugh ;-) x
  • _KaylaDanielle
    Options
    I got married in February of this year, and our song is "I'll Be" by Edwin McCain. (It's in the movie Cinderella Story). My husband and I chose it when we were dating in high school, because we felt it was perfect for us.
  • Grillynz
    Options
    We got married to an acoustic version of Everlong by Foo Fighters, we are both big fans and love the song :o)
  • gandrmom
    gandrmom Posts: 13
    Options
    It's your love - Tim McGraw and Faith Hill
    We have been married 13 years and it was a really popular love song at that time
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    "Baby I Love You" by the Ramones.

We took dance classes prior to our wedding so we could move around the floor dancing and twirling and all that fun stuff instead of standing in one spot moving around in a circle...lol...

Our last song of the night before we left was "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong.

Oh and just on a side note, I gave the DJ a whole long list of songs I did NOT want played at my wedding which included "Strokin'", "the Macarana" and the "Chicken Dance" -- why do they always have to play those songs at weddings? lol...

There is no song I hate more than "strokin" and if anybody ever suggested playing that at a wedding I'd suggest getting their heads checked!

After bartending at a banquet hall for years, my 'do not play' list was extensive. At the top was "Celebration", "We are Family", "Mony Mony", the Macarana, Chicken Dance, Hokey Pokey (basically ANY line dance), and that annoying "Grease medley" among others. My DJ was a guy I grew up with and he was really thrilled to be able to break away from the cheesy same-old-same-old that people normally expect! We used a lot of non-traditional stuff and had a lot of fun.
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Here are the song lyrics to "God Gave Me You" by Dave Barnes. (I do not think Blake Shelton did this song justice. So if you like his version I believe you will LOVE Dave Barnes original.)

I’ve been a walking heartache
    I’ve made a mess of me
    The person that I’ve been lately
    Ain’t who I wanna be

But you stay here right beside me
    Watch as the storm blows through
    And I need you

God gave me you for the ups and downs
    God gave me you for the days of doubt
    For when I think I’ve lost my way
    There are no words here left to say, it’s true
    God gave me you

There’s more here than what we're seeing
    A divine conspiracy
    That you, an angel lovely
    Could somehow fall for me
    You’ll always be love’s great martyr
    Ill be the flattered fool
    and I need you

God gave me you

On my own I’m only
    Half of what I could be
    I can’t do without you
    We are stitched together
    And what love has tethered
    I pray we never undo

God gave me you, gave me you.
    Gave me you.

We told our Pastor that God played a huge part in us meeting. Everything that both of us had to endure before and during our relationship just to get to where we are today is amazing. And "coincidence" is just too vague of a word to describe how we met. My husband has indeed been there with me through the ups and downs and is always remindng me of God's faithfulness when I start getting a little flustered.
  • crummywatertowr
    crummywatertowr Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Our dance song was "Into Your Arms" by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. Our closing was "Closing Time" by Semisonic, of course.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    during the unity candle thing we had a song from crystal gale and eddie rabbit but i cant remember the name of it. then our first dance was I could not ask for more by Sara Evans but my beautiful and talented cousin sang for us which made it even more special.

Crap! Why cant I remember that damn song?
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    First Dance: 'That Next Place' by Thomas Newman (Meet Joe Black soundtrack, instrumental 20 min song that I reduced to 10)
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Our song was "Somebody" by Depeche Mode. 23 years later, it's still "our song." It's probably not well known so here are the first few lines:

I want somebody to share, share the rest of my life
    Share my innermost thoughts, know my intimate details
    Someone who'll stand by my side and give me support
    And in return she'll get my support
    She will listen to me when I want to speak
    About the world we live in and life in general
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    Just you and I from Eddie Rabbit and Crystal Gale!