Tummy surgery after 180 pound weight loss [warning - some graphic pics]

Options

Replies

• rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Ok, here are some of my pics from before, day after surgery, arms are three days later, I have ones from next day but they’re bloodier because they were taped, and today. I had the fleur de lis tummy tuck and the arms done together in one surgery. In the today pics, you will see my crazy bone structure. I am barrel chested and those are my hip bones. Might’ve been better if someone else took them so they’d be at the same angle as the others. I need a couple small revisions but I am waiting to do them during other surgeries as to not have more down time. He wants to touch up my belly button, I need the spot where my incisions meet under my belly button touched up, and a small part of my left arm. My scars on my arms look more noticeable in these pics than they are otherwise for some reason.

I am 13 days out from my thigh lift. Debating whether to post those too.

dyu77ncywdtq.jpeg
    epdihm5fskv6.jpeg
    7ae08bkgogw2.jpeg
    ]

lvp3rcri7uti.jpeg
    hpmkefqma81a.jpeg

x8pdfr6jva35.jpeg
    2g247xex31ir.jpeg

d8kn1wnsy0ni.jpeg
    vyjt2xc2ypzc.jpeg
    7vv429tahoj5.jpeg
    w51sv0luwtnp.jpeg

You’re a badass for getting this done at the same time! I know how difficult it is to sit up using your stomach so you have to use your arms!
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    okqce5kk2zhj.jpeg
    @VUA21 this is current the scar has faded dramatically!

@rickiimarieee do you have a Before? How much weight did you lose?

My before and after wasn’t as drastic as some of these women, but I lost around 50 pounds. I went from 170 at my heaviest to 120. I’m 5’3.
  • MiaisMIAinMiami
    MiaisMIAinMiami Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Wow! It looks great!
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    okqce5kk2zhj.jpeg
    @VUA21 this is current the scar has faded dramatically!

@rickiimarieee do you have a Before? How much weight did you lose?

30o0v8aypvro.jpeg
    This was about half way through my weight loss and that extra skin hanging right there never tightened up no matter what I did.
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    lokihen wrote: »
    This thread is educational and much appreciated. If any of you don't mind answering, how old are you? Do you think your age affected your healing?

This sounds terrible but I’m 22. I definitely had a hard time healing but that’s due to some other health problems. I did have one pregnancy and I definitely didn’t “bounce” back like I should of for my age but it’s happens and I just wanted to be comfortable in my skin!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Love it! You are doing so well, and it's healing nicely.
  • chaseracer2386
    chaseracer2386 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    VUA21 wrote: »
    Week 2 Recovery Update:

Drains finally removed!!! I no longer have to wear the compression contraption, now I get to wear normal compression gear for the next 4-6 weeks. This includes Spanx, compression tights, and compression wraps (like the one's for the abdomen for post birth).

Most of my swelling is gone (yay, no more cankles!) from the rest of my body excluding abdomen. I can still feel my stomach being swollen and distended. Even more bruising is gone, and the bruising that my post surgery compression contraption was causing will be going away as well.

I'm feeling good and moving around pretty well. Went for a 30 minute walk on the treadmill yesterday (at a whopping 2.5mph!). I celebrated my last drain being removed by going out to dinner with my daughter. With the drain in I wasn't comfortable leaving the house too much.

e9prgjfcjkbp.jpg

Your belly button is probably the best I have seen in a tummy tuck surgery. I have been planning for years to get me a mommy package. I'm hoping when I finally drop some weight and am able to afford the surgery that I heal as good as you have been. Congrats on your weight loss.. And tummy tuck! 😁
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    Week 2 Recovery Update:

Drains finally removed!!! I no longer have to wear the compression contraption, now I get to wear normal compression gear for the next 4-6 weeks. This includes Spanx, compression tights, and compression wraps (like the one's for the abdomen for post birth).

Most of my swelling is gone (yay, no more cankles!) from the rest of my body excluding abdomen. I can still feel my stomach being swollen and distended. Even more bruising is gone, and the bruising that my post surgery compression contraption was causing will be going away as well.

I'm feeling good and moving around pretty well. Went for a 30 minute walk on the treadmill yesterday (at a whopping 2.5mph!). I celebrated my last drain being removed by going out to dinner with my daughter. With the drain in I wasn't comfortable leaving the house too much.

e9prgjfcjkbp.jpg

You don’t look too swollen! You look really great for only being 2 weeks post op. I looked 6 months pregnant for like the first month!
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Recovery Update:

e9prgjfcjkbp.jpg

Your belly button is probably the best I have seen in a tummy tuck surgery. I have been planning for years to get me a mommy package. I'm hoping when I finally drop some weight and am able to afford the surgery that I heal as good as you have been. Congrats on your weight loss.. And tummy tuck! 😁

Thanks. I've seen a lot of bad post-op bellybuttons. My doctor did a great job fixing mine, and the whole tummy-tuck.
  • chaseracer2386
    chaseracer2386 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Recovery Update:

e9prgjfcjkbp.jpg

Thanks. I've seen a lot of bad post-op bellybuttons. My doctor did a great job fixing mine, and the whole tummy-tuck.

What Dr did you use.. And where at.. I'm willing to travel for a good Dr.. To do my mommy package
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Recovery Update:

e9prgjfcjkbp.jpg

What Dr did you use.. And where at.. I'm willing to travel for a good Dr.. To do my mommy package

Dr. Mark Jabor, El Paso Tx. Here's the video of my surgery if you're interested. He's really good, and very thorough. The whole staff is really nice as well.

https://youtu.be/C2RZD5pXPLg
  • jules81
    jules81 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing i hope to get to goal ( eventally)and will have lost 210 lbs so am going to need surgery ( only 50 lbs down so far) this is inspiring. It keeps me going xxx
  • Thebajan
    Thebajan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    First of all.... wow! You look amazing! This post is so encouraging. I've lost 98 pounds to date and I'm just a few pounds away from my target. I am planning for this as well as a breast reduction and lift. As you advised, I'm waiting a year from the time I reach my target weight so that I can really get good at the new habits of maintaining a healthy dietary lifestyle. I have to re-learn how to eat and as we all know, that's a process. Thank you for posting. It helps to have some idea of what to look for in a good surgeon.
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options
    I had a mini done in 2015 sorry no before pics mine was due to twins and my tummy looked much like OPs... the scars fade and I'm so happy I did it. Congrats to those of you who have lost so much weight! I still have some to shed but I have MAD respect for you!