Stopped doing squats.

Options
I don't feel that they were of any use. It's been 12 days I haven't done a single squat. Do tell is it okay?

Replies

• shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    What were you doing squats for in the first place?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    12 days is not a lot of time. Also it depends on your goals with the squats.
  • LJay89
    LJay89 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Trolling
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    I find both squats and lunges to be very useful for strength and muscle definition, but we all have different goals. Further clarification of what you mean by "of no use" would be helpful.
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I am doing a squat challenge with a friend and I am loving them.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    The only reason you ever HAVE to do back squats is if you compete in a powerlifting meet.

There are plenty of people who do other lower body work and are "okay."
  • Priyanka2883
    Priyanka2883 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Any use in building my leg strength.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

What weight did you squat? How often were you squatting?
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Need more information...
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Were you doing one of those do 100 squats every day challenges ?? Lol
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    OP, were you doing a small number of squats with very heavy weights? Or were you doing a lot of body weight squats?

I used to do those facebook challenges where you do 50 body weight squats every day and thought they were useless. I started doing a minimal number of slow squats with very heavy weight and they changed my entire lower body.

I did the 30 day challenges where you worked up to 250 body weight squats. It definitely firmed up my bum. Should have kept them up. Not necessarily 250/day but enough to keep that lift and firmness and get the flexibility of a nice deep squat
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

If you found them useless for building leg strength then you weren't doing them properly or you weren't using enough weight. To build strength, you have to progressively keep adding weight.

Agreed.

You can build strong legs without squatting. However, no matter what exercise you use in order to build leg strength (lunges, step ups, deadlifts, leg press, etc.) you will need to utilize progressive resistance.