38 yr old divorced single mom- AMA

Replies

• belladamjc
    belladamjc Posts: 55 Member
    He didn't want to. He just wanted to cheat and still come home to an awesome wife. 😁
    I didn't "want" to. You don't walk away from a 15 year marriage casually.

Hehe, it sounds like your husband and my ex-wife would be perfectly matched! ;)
  • zorander6
    zorander6 Posts: 2,711 Member
    edited August 2018
    belladamjc wrote: »
    He didn't want to. He just wanted to cheat and still come home to an awesome wife. 😁
    I didn't "want" to. You don't walk away from a 15 year marriage casually.

Hehe, it sounds like your husband and my ex-wife would be perfectly matched! ;)

My ex wife could be his second.

What's the land speed velocity of an unladen swallow? (Sorry I don't really have any questions. :P )
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    What would the world be like if it was filled with male and female copies of you?

Ewww
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    What would the world be like if it was filled with male and female copies of you?

Ewww

9dMg.gif
  • MagnumOpus1
    MagnumOpus1 Posts: 161 Member
    What's your 3 biggest regrets in life thus far?
  • Just_Mel_

Getting married at 19.
    Not finishing college and having a good career.
    Letting other people be in charge of my own happiness.
  • SwannySez
    If you had to sleep with any Abe Vigoda character, which one would it be and why?
  • MagnumOpus1

Getting married at 19.
    Not finishing college and having a good career.
    Letting other people be in charge of my own happiness.

I think a lot of us can relate to #3 in one way or another.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    When was the last time you jumped?
  • MagnumOpus1
    edited August 2018
    cee134 wrote: »

Lol. But what a sight that would be.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez wrote: »
    How many men on your friends list do you just assume are wearing assless chaps right now?

I don't know about the other two, but I am wearing khakis, so...

Men wearing khakis are by definition assless

This callous attack has been reported. Incivility upon these forums will NOT be tolerated!
  • Just_Mel_
    If you had to sleep with any Abe Vigoda character, which one would it be and why?

Googled him and
    1mk2hcdxjrpw.gif
  • Just_Mel_
    cee134 wrote: »

Jumped off my porch an hour ago
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    So, real question: if your ex has the kids for some of the time (some weekends maybe?), is it like getting a rest from the work of parenting or do you worry the whole time or what? Does it at all help make up for all the times you have to handle *kitten* on your own? Something I've wondered about.

I don't worry at all anymore, although in the beginning it was hard on everyone. He's a good dad and he's gotten better since he doesn't have me to help him with everything anymore. A lot of the hard part is learning to give up control. You cannot control how the other parent parents in their own home. Once I learned to let that go, it was so much easier.
    It's nice to have a short break where I'm not responsible for another human being even for just a couple days. After about 3 days though I start going crazy with boredom and loneliness. Even if I spend that time with other people. I have my own identity without my kids, but they're my favorite people.

Great answer! and this pretty much describes me as well. . I would add that it sounds like you have taken a healthy approach to the whole thing. So many ex couples consume themselves with finding ways to troll the other parent that they just make everyone miserable (especially the kid(s)). .
  • Just_Mel_
    So, real question: if your ex has the kids for some of the time (some weekends maybe?), is it like getting a rest from the work of parenting or do you worry the whole time or what? Does it at all help make up for all the times you have to handle *kitten* on your own? Something I've wondered about.

I don't worry at all anymore, although in the beginning it was hard on everyone. He's a good dad and he's gotten better since he doesn't have me to help him with everything anymore. A lot of the hard part is learning to give up control. You cannot control how the other parent parents in their own home. Once I learned to let that go, it was so much easier.
    It's nice to have a short break where I'm not responsible for another human being even for just a couple days. After about 3 days though I start going crazy with boredom and loneliness. Even if I spend that time with other people. I have my own identity without my kids, but they're my favorite people.

Great answer! and this pretty much describes me as well. . I would add that it sounds like you have taken a healthy approach to the whole thing. So many ex couples consume themselves with finding ways to troll the other parent that they just make everyone miserable (especially the kid(s)). .

I can only control my own actions. I hate some of the things he does, but I can't bad mouth him in front of our daughters. All I can do is make them know they will always have a happy, safe and stable home with me, no matter what the situation is at his home.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator

Whats your plan for handling empty nester syndrome one day?
  • SwannySez

Googled him and
    1mk2hcdxjrpw.gif

giphy.gif