Hungry, but nothing is appetizing.

So, I'm super hungry. Haven't eaten anything but a few baby carrots and a bowl of cearal all day. But, absolutely NOTHING sounds even remotely appetizing. My appetite has been this way for a while now. I used to get like this every few weeks, but recently it's been most days. I don't know what to do. I need to eat, but even the thought of eating some things makes me want to barf. Just not sure what to eat in these cases. Had a friend tell me I needed to eat something that has a carb, a fat, and a protein in it. That doesn't help. Nothing is appetizing. So, making me choose three things now is even more impossible. Does anyone else experience this extreme hunger without being able to pick anything to eat? Had a different friend bail on my tonight because we couldn't pick a place to eat.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Do you like cheese?
  • the9thdoctor89
    the9thdoctor89 Posts: 31 Member
    I do. But, even that doesn't sound like something I want.
  • L1zardQueen
    Do you have the flu?
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    If you really feel that way, you should make an appointment with your doctor because that is not normal. Are you interested in eating some fruit - even a banana?
  • the9thdoctor89
    No flu. And, fruit might taste good. But, I need something more substantial.
  • L1zardQueen
    Watermelon with a dash of salt.
  • the9thdoctor89
    I don't like salt on my watermelon.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    No flu. And, fruit might taste good. But, I need something more substantial.

Yoghurt with fruit? Chuck some nut butter or nuts on it.
  • the9thdoctor89
    I've never liked yogurt. It just has a weird texture.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    I've never liked yogurt. It just has a weird texture.

Icecream?
  • L1zardQueen
    KFC
  • the9thdoctor89
    Meh. I need more of a meal. Everytime this happens all anyone can think of is snacks. That's not what I need. A cause would be nice. A meal would be nice. Something satisfying would be nice. I apologize if I'm coming across as really rude or crabby. I'm just hungry. :(
  • the9thdoctor89
    KFC

I don't eat meat.
  • L1zardQueen
    KFC

I don't eat meat.

Are you vegan? More info would be helpful at this point.
  • the9thdoctor89
    edited August 2018
    I just don't want to eat a bunch of junk. I just want to eat one thing and be done.
  • L1zardQueen
    What is junk to you?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    hroderick wrote: »
    Sounds like an eating disorder is brewing. Sorry. I think you need professional help

if not it could be a health issue or a thyroid issue. my daughter has hypothyroid and it literally killed her appetite. now that shes on meds shes eating more food .
  • the9thdoctor89
    hroderick wrote: »
    Sounds like an eating disorder is brewing. Sorry. I think you need professional help

This is what I'm afraid of. But, I don't know where that would have come from.